R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #76
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
gee i wonder how those guy's won all those race's and championship's using such heavy, ill handling POS!

just because something is older and half the price does not make it a POS.

for the record you can get both the matrix TR FRE and the st-1 pro roller for less than $350! fully hopped up! just do your setup (oil's/shock's/alignment angle's) and add your mill, pipe and electric's and you are on the track with a REAL competitor! and extra cash in your pocket

all these "new" high priced ride's are just to cover up for the lack of tuning/driving that most people have.

you can put a bad driver/tuner in a good car and he will do fairly well. that's a given

put that same driver in a truggy that need's some time spent on setup and watch him FAIL.

it's that simple

just my $0.02
My CEN did not come with the billet knuckles and C-hubs, and the provided ones from factory are very weak..The CEN billet upgrades are very pricey and push the cost of the CEN up...My CEN also had an issue with dog bones popping out if I didn't have the shock positions just right.. what a hassle it was to have my dog bones bind up and chew up my outdrives..... Not to mention my CEN was very heavy and required significantly more motor then my mugen did.. All in all i am much faster with my Mugen MBX5T then I ever was with my CEN, and these days my MBX5T is very outdated compared to todays top truggies... I don't care what anyone says there is a difference between the older machines and the newer machines, and buying a older machine will only put you at a disadvantage vs the newer machines.... All driving equal the newer machines are much superior in almost every way...
Maximo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #77
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
Sorry I didnt mean to seem defensive, Jamminkrazy, I was just trying to understand your points better, as I was a bit confused I suck at communicating
On the metric vs SAE, 3mm is larger than 3/32, and 2.5 is close. If its quality hardware and appropriately spec'd by Engineers then stripping shouldn't be a problem
Yeah but the majority of hardware on a metric chassis is 2mm. On a standard chassis, the majority of the hardware is 3/32. So in reality, a standard chassis uses more large hardware. That was the point I was trying to make.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #78
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
My CEN did not come with the billet knuckles and C-hubs, and the provided ones from factory are very weak..The CEN billet upgrades are very pricey and push the cost of the CEN up...My CEN also had an issue with dog bones popping out if I didn't have the shock positions just right.. what a hassle it was to have my dog bones bind up and chew up my outdrives..... Not to mention my CEN was very heavy and required significantly more motor then my mugen did.. All in all i am much faster with my Mugen MBX5T then I ever was with my CEN, and these days my MBX5T is very outdated compared to todays top truggies... I don't care what anyone says there is a difference between the older machines and the newer machines, and buying a older machine will only put you at a disadvantage vs the newer machines.... All driving equal the newer machines are much superior in almost every way...
That is the exact point I was trying to make. The newer tech is faster, and at this point, you would be stupid to buy an older truck.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #79
Tech Adept
 
SPEED37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Last Best Place
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Yeah but the majority of hardware on a metric chassis is 2mm. On a standard chassis, the majority of the hardware is 3/32. So in reality, a standard chassis uses more large hardware. That was the point I was trying to make.

2mm Really? Thats kinda small.
I can't speak for all metric chassis but the X2 has about 6 2mm screws, 4 in the radio tray and 2 in the brake servo horn. The majority are 3mm and 4mm, about 50/50.
__________________
JAMMIN X2 CRT/HOUSTON/NOVAROSSI P5XS/OFNA-053
JAMMIN X2 CR/NOVAROSSI
SPEKTRUM/DX3S
BCG INDUSTRIES= Absolutely the best paint on the planet.
TEAM TERRIBLES
SPEED37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #80
Tech Regular
 
trimble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 475
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Anytime you get a thread such as this you are going to get a bunch of guys who come on and praise there item of choice and bash is competitor. Well being that I own a RC8, RC8T, RC10B44, and RC10T4... Here goes, I have noticed a couple things 1.) There are a lot of Slosi guys posting & 2.) AE is getting no love... My conclusion is simply this. The "S-LOSI" guys have so much extra time on there hands to type "HYPE" posts, because the E, D, C, and Bmains run before the Amains. So they have so much extra time to make it home and get in front of there computers. LMAO
__________________
Mugen MBX7: Maxy's Cinco 5BT Tuned w/9901
Futaba 4pks
Savox HV's
Boca Bearings-VP Pro USA
trimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #81
Tech Initiate
 
lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Augusta,Ga
Posts: 31
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ae

AMEN!!! GO ae!!!!Woo! Hoo!
lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #82
Tech Addict
 
RyyRyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

keep in mind that they are revising the rc8t just like the rc8 to the rc8b... different steering geometry and battery placement... just another pain in the ass and more money to spend IMO... but this is not biased by any means... AE makes some nice rides
RyyRyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #83
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 696
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Us S losi guys have more time on our hands because we aren't always fixing our delicate AE rides,,,,LOL
__________________
Dirt's for racing,asphalt's for getting there!
pooldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #84
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimble View Post
Anytime you get a thread such as this you are going to get a bunch of guys who come on and praise there item of choice and bash is competitor. Well being that I own a RC8, RC8T, RC10B44, and RC10T4... Here goes, I have noticed a couple things 1.) There are a lot of Slosi guys posting & 2.) AE is getting no love... My conclusion is simply this. The "S-LOSI" guys have so much extra time on there hands to type "HYPE" posts, because the E, D, C, and Bmains run before the Amains. So they have so much extra time to make it home and get in front of there computers. LMAO
I agree with pooldoc. Us losi guys have much more time than you ASSIATED guys because we spend half the time working on our cars, because they don't fall apart like ASSIATEDS do.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #85
Tech Regular
 
trimble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 475
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

LMAO now thats funny...
__________________
Mugen MBX7: Maxy's Cinco 5BT Tuned w/9901
Futaba 4pks
Savox HV's
Boca Bearings-VP Pro USA
trimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #86
Tech Regular
 
trimble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 475
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I agree with pooldoc. Us losi guys have much more time than you ASSIATED guys because we spend half the time working on our cars, because they don't fall apart like ASSIATEDS do.
LOL...Even Losi themselves know that isn't true hince the "2.0's". I haven't broken not one part on my RC8T. I have had it since the day it was released. On the other hand everyone I race with that drives a SLOSI( buggy or truggy), has problems bending and breaking hinge pins, frt. shock shafts, they slop up ultra quick, and the 1.0's blew through throttle servos stripped pinions, I can go on. Dont get me started on there 10th scale crap and there tranny problems...I dont know bout you but I'd say the losi is the one with the durability issues. The only way you can possibly wrench less on a Losi than an Associated is to simply but another Associated.
__________________
Mugen MBX7: Maxy's Cinco 5BT Tuned w/9901
Futaba 4pks
Savox HV's
Boca Bearings-VP Pro USA
trimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #87
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimble View Post
LOL...Even Losi themselves know that isn't true hince the "2.0's". I haven't broken not one part on my RC8T. I have had it since the day it was released. On the other hand everyone I race with that drives a SLOSI( buggy or truggy), has problems bending and breaking hinge pins, frt. shock shafts, they slop up ultra quick, and the 1.0's blew through throttle servos stripped pinions, I can go on. Dont get me started on there 10th scale crap and there tranny problems...I dont know bout you but I'd say the losi is the one with the durability issues. The only way you can possibly wrench less on a Losi than an Associated is to simply but another Associated.
I am sorry, but you are talking about the 2.0's? How long has the losi 1.0 buggy been out? How long has the rc8 been out? The rc8 has a new version now. The rc8 factory team or whatever they are calling it. They both have had issues, that is the reason for the new versions. The rc8t factory team won't be too far behind. I broke VERY few parts on my 8T 1.0 that I have had since day 1. It's just some good ol losi/associated rivalry fun.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #88
Tech Initiate
 
lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Augusta,Ga
Posts: 31
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ae

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimble View Post
LOL...Even Losi themselves know that isn't true hince the "2.0's". I haven't broken not one part on my RC8T. I have had it since the day it was released. On the other hand everyone I race with that drives a SLOSI( buggy or truggy), has problems bending and breaking hinge pins, frt. shock shafts, they slop up ultra quick, and the 1.0's blew through throttle servos stripped pinions, I can go on. Dont get me started on there 10th scale crap and there tranny problems...I dont know bout you but I'd say the losi is the one with the durability issues. The only way you can possibly wrench less on a Losi than an Associated is to simply but another Associated.
Amen!! Woo!! Hoo!!
I did break a front hub but thats it and thats because my servo saver was too tight!!! Other than that no problems!! Iam pretty sure i will....but iam on the track running ( )down a Losi trying to lap them again!! LMAO!!!
lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #89
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 59
Default

I just recently picked up the RC8T and I love it!

There are 2 guys locally that have Eight 2.0s and in my first ever race, after having the car for 4 hours and barely getting it broken in I kept up with them the entire race and beat 1 of them.

The car has plenty of power right out of the box with the .28 and I havn't had a single problem with it with around 4 gallons of fuel (nitrotane) ran through it

Also I went with the AE to have something different since everyone seems to want the 2.0



both seem like solid truggies and you really can't go wrong with either IMO
JustinT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #90
Tech Champion
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,218
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimble View Post
Anytime you get a thread such as this you are going to get a bunch of guys who come on and praise there item of choice and bash is competitor. Well being that I own a RC8, RC8T, RC10B44, and RC10T4... Here goes, I have noticed a couple things 1.) There are a lot of Slosi guys posting & 2.) AE is getting no love... My conclusion is simply this. The "S-LOSI" guys have so much extra time on there hands to type "HYPE" posts, because the E, D, C, and Bmains run before the Amains. So they have so much extra time to make it home and get in front of there computers. LMAO
hype?
dude, I owned a rc8t, it had the battery mod and steering mod..I did'nt like it, it's that simple.....it didnt fit my driving style.............the Losi is dialed, I dont care what anyone else runs or likes or says......it's all about what I like and what feels better to me and what im faster/more consistent with.......the Losi won hands down for ME
__________________
RC10-B6d | RC10-B64d
SmacTrac
#WeAreAE #ReedyPower #AE4Life
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAMILY HOBBIES RACEWAY IN VINELAND N.J. Anthony M Mid Atlantic RC Racing 5081 03-09-2016 01:43 PM
NITRO FEVER RC RACEWAY(20 minutes from Birmingham Alabama) ABURTON Alabama Racing 186 10-31-2010 04:50 PM
The Meltdown! North vs. South Shootout thread mfrosty Nitro Off-Road 77 07-27-2009 07:12 PM
3rd Annual Canadian Indoor Offroad Shootout EAT DIRT Canadian R/C Scene 15 04-10-2009 12:09 PM
Mugen MBX5T or losi 8ight t playboy Nitro Off-Road 54 03-06-2008 03:16 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:10 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net