R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Oh yeah, where the hell is the Tamiya TRF 801xt!?!?!
RyyRyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXMan View Post
Missing one of the newest truggies. The Z01-T

EXACTLY...any one of those trucks listed above could win with the right pilot behind it.
underway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

It looks like this guy is gonna have a hard time trying to find the best truggy when he is forgetting to list some of the biggest players
RyyRyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #19
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

out of the trucks mentioned I have owned / raced 2 of them and Im a new racer so my .02 should only be taken as that

I raced an AE rc8t one time..it was ok..but seemed kinda sluggish(had good setup on it too)......decent on/off power steering...it was a durable truck, the body is hideous, looks like a TTR.

I now own a Losi 2.0T....ran it once box stock oils/swaybars for practice at a dialed track...truck was far superior to the AE in EVERY way........the Losi 2.0T is just plain sick......that's all I can say.......I felt really comfortable going fast with the truck...it much more sensitive to drivers input, jumps better, turns better, handles rough stuff better..just dialed man, cant wait for more wheel time with it LOSI FTW!! Good luck with your purchase/new truck man
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Since we are in the thread of wishes, I wish people would learn to use the SEARCH feature.

As for the truggies, there are a lot of good trucks out there. Heres my 2 cents on them.

I drive losi, and absolutely love the 2.0T. It is dialed out of the box. It is very stable, has tons of steering, soaks up everything, and is fast. The truck also has it's own look, which I love. Losi also has incredible parts support and is priced fairly.

The new HB truggy looks dialed, though I have yet to actually see one in person. The design looks top notch, I would just worry about quality and parts support.

The MBX6T will be a great truggy. Mugen's have always been a tough/quality car. The MBX5T is still the favorite of many, and the 6 will only improve on that.

The AE is a decent truck, but I have seen too many durability/quality issues out of the AE 1/8 department. The problem with them is that they are made by thunder kitty. The design of the car is solid, but the manufacturing element is not there. Just look at how many versions of the rc8 gas tank there are, and they are all junk.

Jammin makes quality stuff. If they have truly solved the soft drivetrain metal problem with the x2 it should be a dialed truck. Not sure if they made enough of a change from the x1 in design or not, but it seems to be working out just fine.

Kyosho makes great stuff, but they are overpriced. The STRR is a deadly truck, but has some durability issues. Parts are expensive and hard to find.

The tamiya truck looks great. Loks like a quality truck. Only issue with them is parts support.

Odonnell, well they are OK, but again I would worry about parts support. They are also kind of an old design.

Hyper, the ST is a tank. It is way too heavy and not competitive.

Xray, Great truck. Wish they would have made an 808 based truggy though. The XT8 is an outdated design. They have top notch quality, but are expensive and don't have the best parts support in the USA.

Well I think that covers all of the trucks listed so far. That again is just my 2 cents on all of them. Most of those trucks can be very compatitive. It all comes down to personal preference.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
out of the trucks mentioned I have owned / raced 2 of them and Im a new racer so my .02 should only be taken as that

I raced an AE rc8t one time..it was ok..but seemed kinda sluggish(had good setup on it too)......decent on/off power steering...it was a durable truck, the body is hideous, looks like a TTR.

I now own a Losi 2.0T....ran it once box stock oils/swaybars for practice at a dialed track...truck was far superior to the AE in EVERY way........the Losi 2.0T is just plain sick......that's all I can say.......I felt really comfortable going fast with the truck...it much more sensitive to drivers input, jumps better, turns better, handles rough stuff better..just dialed man, cant wait for more wheel time with it LOSI FTW!! Good luck with your purchase/new truck man
Trevor I think you got the 2 bodies mixed up!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #22
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket View Post
Trevor I think you got the 2 bodies mixed up!
I love the Losi stock lid man, it grows on you after some time and it looks KILLER on the track......the AE lid reminds me of a tank
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Since we are in the thread of wishes, I wish people would learn to use the SEARCH feature.

As for the truggies, there are a lot of good trucks out there. Heres my 2 cents on them.

I drive losi, and absolutely love the 2.0T. It is dialed out of the box. It is very stable, has tons of steering, soaks up everything, and is fast. The truck also has it's own look, which I love. Losi also has incredible parts support and is priced fairly.

The new HB truggy looks dialed, though I have yet to actually see one in person. The design looks top notch, I would just worry about quality and parts support.

The MBX6T will be a great truggy. Mugen's have always been a tough/quality car. The MBX5T is still the favorite of many, and the 6 will only improve on that.

The AE is a decent truck, but I have seen too many durability/quality issues out of the AE 1/8 department. The problem with them is that they are made by thunder kitty. The design of the car is solid, but the manufacturing element is not there. Just look at how many versions of the rc8 gas tank there are, and they are all junk.

Jammin makes quality stuff. If they have truly solved the soft drivetrain metal problem with the x2 it should be a dialed truck. Not sure if they made enough of a change from the x1 in design or not, but it seems to be working out just fine.

Kyosho makes great stuff, but they are overpriced. The STRR is a deadly truck, but has some durability issues. Parts are expensive and hard to find.

The tamiya truck looks great. Loks like a quality truck. Only issue with them is parts support.

Odonnell, well they are OK, but again I would worry about parts support. They are also kind of an old design.

Hyper, the ST is a tank. It is way too heavy and not competitive.

Xray, Great truck. Wish they would have made an 808 based truggy though. The XT8 is an outdated design. They have top notch quality, but are expensive and don't have the best parts support in the USA.

Well I think that covers all of the trucks listed so far. That again is just my 2 cents on all of them. Most of those trucks can be very compatitive. It all comes down to personal preference.
They are my exact thoughts... Tamiya along with all the other tucks you listed have low part support here in Aus. I have came down to the Mugen, XRAY, X2 CRT, Losi 8T 2.0
RUF-VK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUF-VK View Post
They are my exact thoughts... Tamiya along with all the other tucks you listed have low part support here in Aus. I have came down to the Mugen, XRAY, X2 CRT, Losi 8T 2.0
Out of those I would go losi or mugen. The other two designs are older. The 8T 2.0 is awesome, and the mugen looks really good too.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Since it will be my first truggy I actually want to make the right decision and want it to be the best one on the market so I do no regret anything.

Cheerio
Old 04-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUF-VK View Post
Since it will be my first truggy I actually want to make the right decision and want it to be the best one on the market so I do no regret anything.

Cheerio
Well in that case you better get the losi 2.0.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
I love the Losi stock lid man, it grows on you after some time and it looks KILLER on the track......the AE lid reminds me of a tank

Best thing about the losi lid is, when there are a couple of truggys that pile up ontop of you, you can just slip right out from under them.

As for the shootout don't expect the bias MFers on here to do one. Wait I forsee one in a magazine soon...
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

I am leaning towards the Mugen and XRAY
Old 04-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

iv had a few trugz, here's what I thought.

losi 1.0 was really aggressive and nimble I really had to pay attention cause it wasn't forgiving if u messed up. hyper st was fun to bash with but wasn't for the track jammin x1 was heavy and stable really easy and forgiving but I couldn't push it hard ever. ae car was great I never had issues breaking it and the car was fun n fast but I thought it felt heavy and I wore the car out at about 12 gallons lol never worn a car out b4. the strr is easy to drive has good plush feeling in the rough and was good in all around conditions exept diffs lol stock em up! and my new baby the 801xt iv left it stock exept stiffer front springs and its so dialed for me and I am stoked everytime I go drive it on my track cause I know its gonna work great my favorite part is exeleration on landings its a rocket and the corners so flat and fast and jumps so perfect and has so many tuning options I love how tunable it is cause im never limited to just a few options if my stuff isn't working in a certain spot I can dial it in. so theres my buck!

jeff
jeff alessi 801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice

I think the MUGEN and XRAY will be the best truggies to get because of the fact that they have been released later means a newer truggy which will have its advanatages over the others.