Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
need .21 enigne that gets good mileage..what should i get..??? >

need .21 enigne that gets good mileage..what should i get..???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need .21 enigne that gets good mileage..what should i get..???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
as the titl says...im having alot of trouble making 6 minutes on a bigger track.to where everybody else not running a picco is having the problem a couple of us are having.
i had a 9mm carb res.and went to the 7 and it helped out about 30 sec.

going to get something different.....WHAT SHOULD I GET?

LMK
What's up Matt? Out of the box it's pretty hard to beat an OS. I raced at xtreme on sat and hobby headquarters on sun and pitted after the 10 min. mark both days with a quarter inch of fuel left in the tank each day when i pitted. I run a speed motor in my truggy but if i were to buy a new one the jx ninja would be my choice. It's what a blue headed v spec should be. The 2 standard v specs i've had both wore the crank pin and cracked the block. As much as i like the way they run i'm done with that happy crap. The only way i would have another is to have a ninja crank in it since they're hard coated. So might as well just have the ninja. If you make it to hobby headquarters sun you are welcome to take my truggy for a spin and then you can see why i will always have a speed motor to run.
Rob Hamm
Old 04-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
I have that same pipe. I am actually using the header from that pipe on my 053. Thats a top end pipe. You will be fine with that combo as the EVO2 has plenty bottom end. You don't have to worry about anyone walking you down on the straights and you can clear any jump with that engine. I almost clear most triples in my truggy. make sure you are not running silver or black springs in your clutch greens and golds is what you want. dynamite long life shoes 2 carbon and 2 alum or 4 alum.
im actually running all carbon pads...i like the instant grab feel cause of my electric backround.but i do have aluminum pads as well.
on a small track i was getting like almost 8 minutes to the tank.one pit stop for a 15 minute main.on a track alot bigger i got like 6 minutes exactly and didnt ake it back for my pit stop....flamed out...i was doing well to...so that was a little agravating....anyways im actually looking to purchased used for my funds are tight...as always....lol

so if ya know anybody....well lmk
Old 04-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

you will be verry happy with the plus 4 in the runtime dept. i am very impressed with this engine and i am not easily impressed
Old 04-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (98%+)

i found out the hard way your driving style has alot to do with fuel milage this saurday at xtreme...did 2 full tank runs in practice with my V-spec and was averaging 10:30 in warm ups on a full tank with the losi tl11 pipe and 7mm novarossi restrictor...at the end of every qualifier i had a half tank..well By main time the track was dust and loose and i was on the gas hardcore trying to keep my lead battling back and forth with troy..well 8 minutes in ...outa gas...no win for me!! haha

Any ways i did buy a O.S speed to lock in atleast 10 minutes,troy was driving his heavier X2 hard also and had plenty left over at 10 minutes

lesson learned..i killed a extra 2:30 of fuel driving harder..easy finger gose a long way!

Also adding a extra .1 copper head shim helps on fuel too
Old 04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
im actually running all carbon pads...i like the instant grab feel cause of my electric backround.but i do have aluminum pads as well.
on a small track i was getting like almost 8 minutes to the tank.one pit stop for a 15 minute main.on a track alot bigger i got like 6 minutes exactly and didnt ake it back for my pit stop....flamed out...i was doing well to...so that was a little agravating....anyways im actually looking to purchased used for my funds are tight...as always....lol

so if ya know anybody....well lmk
I just popped in new P/S & rod. found them on ebay for $50. I bought p\s 2 rods and new crank case & bearings with crank for $150 as well. Trust me I know about budget racing.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default My 2 cents

Nova +4, OS V-Spec, OS Speed, GRP, depends on how deep your wallet is. The bottom line is a smaller restrictor mid range 053 pipe, easy trigger finger, and good tune will make all the difference in any engine. I was looking for a little more bottom end in my GRP at the track a few weeks ago. I went from a 7 to an 8 restrictor and the mileage went down by 1-1.5 min. I was shocked. I usually get 9.5 to 10 in my truggy with a 053, long header and 7 restrictor, when I switched to the 8 the truck was out of gas and dead at 8.5 min. Thats quite a difference. I personally like GRP's but every time I see an OS Speed I just love the way they idle and all the power, I just haven't dropped the 500 bucks yet. Personal preference on engine but mileage has everything to do with how you set up and use the engine.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yoshgixxer
i found out the hard way your driving style has alot to do with fuel milage this saurday at xtreme...did 2 full tank runs in practice with my V-spec and was averaging 10:30 in warm ups on a full tank with the losi tl11 pipe and 7mm novarossi restrictor...at the end of every qualifier i had a half tank..well By main time the track was dust and loose and i was on the gas hardcore trying to keep my lead battling back and forth with troy..well 8 minutes in ...outa gas...no win for me!! haha

Any ways i did buy a O.S speed to lock in atleast 10 minutes,troy was driving his heavier X2 hard also and had plenty left over at 10 minutes

lesson learned..i killed a extra 2:30 of fuel driving harder..easy finger gose a long way!

Also adding a extra .1 copper head shim helps on fuel too
Thats why Drake gets 10:30 -11:00 whith his plus-4 smooth as butter
Old 04-28-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Adam runs a cooler on his motor set ups and plus the thing is tuned/modded
Stick motors are good but not that good. I was alittle bummed about that. i brought one and get about 9 mins per tanks and thats with PRO tuning for me
Old 04-28-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Definitely the Novarossi +4. Amazing motor right out of the box.

I run a Murnan Modified version and get between 10 and 11:30 pending on pipe combo and wooded I feel like driving. Motor is sick with a little modd work! lol

V-specs are good motors but don't seem to be as linear as the Rossi's.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For the money you can't beat an OS, sure you see some guys having trouble with things on the forums, but for an easy to tune, reliable engine a Vspec is the way to go. For a little more there is the speed, it is more money but I've seen guys get 7 -8 gallons and the engines still idels and runs like new.

You get what you pay for, if it is cheap...then move on.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 on the +4
Old 04-28-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scwrod
+1 on the +4
i heard the plus 4 is the best at mileage,
plus the "+1 on the +4" above looks funny
Old 04-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redza
i heard the plus 4 is the best at mileage,
plus the "+1 on the +4" above looks funny
+ the +1 on the +4
Old 04-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Get yourself a EBM5 Full Mod and a dynamite 086.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

werks b7 tl pro with dynamite 053 pipe. It will idle all day and scream down the straights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.