Sandbagging

Old 04-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Out of those who finished in either class the fastest Sportsman lap is still slower than the slowest Experts fast lap.

Even if that wasn't the case, so what...it doesn't matter if you can turn a fast lap once, but if you can do it consistently. And these Sportsman guys didn't apparently...
Old 04-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by abramsM1
Out of those who finished in either class the fastest Sportsman lap is still slower than the slowest Experts fast lap.

Even if that wasn't the case, so what...it doesn't matter if you can turn a fast lap once, but if you can do it consistently. And these Sportsman guys didn't apparently...
...so according to your theory who should race intermediate?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Agree with you completely!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome
...so according to your theory who should race intermediate?
Drivers that can't compete with the Expert drivers...for whatever reason.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Drivers that can't compete with the Expert drivers...for whatever reason.
My understanding is Intermediate is for those drivers that are sponsored, but arent ready to go against the paid drivers.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond
My understanding is Intermediate is for those drivers that are sponsored, but arent ready to go against the paid drivers.
Sponsorship or not if you are fast enough to race Int. why would you race sportsman?

If int. was clearly defined as a class for sponsored or partial sponsored racers just off the pro pace then that's totally understandable and us sportsman drives would just need to improve our pace
Old 04-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

There are 3 skill divisions in this series? With Intermediate being faster than Sportsman but slower than Expert?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

who is that that finished 1st in the pic in the sandbagger shirt. That looks like my old 8ight or at least the body.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

There are 3 skill divisions in this series?
LOL yeah that's why I was tripping a little about the speed that alot of the sporties were doin....when there was a Int. class. If it was pro and Sportsman only you would not have heard a peep from me
Old 04-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am a partially sponsored racer, and my lap times are nowhere near intermediate pace. My fastest lap yesterday was a 38.0003. When it comes to sponsorship i believe it is more than driving skill. The reason I am sponsored is due to the fact that I am a dedicated racer that consistently shows up at the track and is more than willing to help anyone over my own stuff. I think that is a huge part of being sponsored more so than driving ability, companies have their A list drivers for that. So to say that intermediate class should be for sponsored guys is a little ridiculous. I do not mean to insult you so please do not take this as one.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

I thought there were only two skill divisions...sorry. Those guys do seem more like Intermediate class drivers then.

In any case though, I think we should do away with these separate divisions... and have everybody race in the same class.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by David Alberico
who is that that finished 1st in the pic in the sandbagger shirt. That looks like my old 8ight or at least the body.
Clint Tasset from Denver, I know he bought the car used, but not sure ware from.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
I am a partially sponsored racer, and my lap times are nowhere near intermediate pace. My fastest lap yesterday was a 38.0003. When it comes to sponsorship i believe it is more than driving skill. The reason I am sponsored is due to the fact that I am a dedicated racer that consistently shows up at the track and is more than willing to help anyone over my own stuff. I think that is a huge part of being sponsored more so than driving ability, companies have their A list drivers for that. So to say that intermediate class should be for sponsored guys is a little ridiculous. I do not mean to insult you so please do not take this as one.
Hey no sweat. Im not saying what I think the rules should be for Intermediate. I was just suprised at the lap times. I have only been driving RC cars for 6mo and this was my first race, so I am happy with my results (even though I drove like chit haha) Obviously as time goes on I will improve. Im just a competative guy and when I am too fast for the sportsman class I will move on, that's just me though.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome
Hey no sweat. Im not saying what I think the rules should be for Intermediate. I was just suprised at the lap times. I have only been driving RC cars for 6mo and this was my first race, so I am happy with my results (even though I drove like chit haha) Obviously as time goes on I will improve. Im just a competative guy and when I am too fast for the sportsman class I will move on, that's just me though.
Ditto, I have been doing this hobby for roughly a year. I get really nervous at races and consequently I am quite the opposite of the term consistency. When I can get myself to calm down I can get in a rythym and throw down decent lap times but no 34s. Saturday I did one 36.253 lap time followed by a 44 and 39 lol. When i can a bit more consistent and a little quicker I will bump up in class. If my brother was not there to tell what I did wrong in my first qualifier I don't think my main would have gone so well. I ended up getting 8th in the e main, but i drove a lot better than my qualifier partly due to a tire change and due to my brother telling me what to improve upon.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
Ditto, I have been doing this hobby for roughly a year. I get really nervous at races and consequently I am quite the opposite of the term consistency. When I can get myself to calm down I can get in a rythym and throw down decent lap times but no 34s. Saturday I did one 36.253 lap time followed by a 44 and 39 lol. When i can a bit more consistent and a little quicker I will bump up in class. If my brother was not there to tell what I did wrong in my first qualifier I don't think my main would have gone so well. I ended up getting 8th in the e main, but i drove a lot better than my qualifier partly due to a tire change and due to my brother telling me what to improve upon.
It's all good I had fun. I was solo on Saturday and I didn't know how the practice sessions worked, so I got 15mins on sat and 2 laps on sunday in my hear race I used aka cityblocks and I didn't get a watered track and it seemed pretty slick. I hear ya on the nerves I was trippin on how shakey I was the whole time. I was 7th in the F main. I was the dude with the white losi that had the body flapping all over on me, it broke like 2 laps in hahaha

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.