R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
man, i was in the F sportsman main too. did you hear the guy yelling at the turn marshals. "No, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOO" screaming. i was laughing telling him to take it easy.
Just wanted to give you a little clarification on this. That guy, was yelling NOOOOOOO because the marshal just set his car back on the track when it was mid runaway due to the receiver pack coming unplugged. So, he was yelling because the marshall was a dumb ass, and you laughing about stuff without knowledge makes you a dumb ass too. Just thought you would like to know.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #62
wfo
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyjuangohome View Post
To be honest this was my first race and I was excited about doing the series. I only have my wife to be my pit girl and she doesn't really want to do it, took alot of me convincing her she could do it to get here there. Ive neve been to a race like this before. I had to wake up at 5 so I could get there at 5:45. I practiced on Sat so I had no reason to show up this early EXCEPT to try and get a spot(if you practiced sat you didn't get to sunday). Even at 5:45 I had to snake someones spot. People left there tables and tents setup overnight and didn't show up till 8:30 expecting to have a spot. BS I got my ass up early to get a spot so screw you. Then I waited till 9 sitting doing nothing. Then I waited till 12:00 just to get a 5min race. Then waited and waited and waited. I almost just left saying "screw this im not gonna endure 7 more of these events"
I love racing (addicted) for me thats a waste of a day. im glad i missed this one.. 5 min qualifier + 10 min main = 16hrs of dead time.
wfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
Clint Tasset from Denver, I know he bought the car used, but not sure ware from.
hahahaha, that's my old 8ight, body, numbers stickers and all!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:18 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Sandbaggers suck – glorifying about its sucks worst. There is a reason why most tracks have at lease 2 or 3 levels in each class.. And people wonder why a lot of guys go to one race and never race again. I was just in a race Sat and a guy ran open truggy and beat the field for 4 laps. Yelling at people to get out his way. You got balls to beat people that bad fine, talk to the pros that way – run with them.

And if I was at a race over night and yes we leave our stuff up – I WISH some one would come a still my spot because they got there early – but not first – we both would be banned from the track.

I love guys that get to a BIG race minutes before the qualifiers start and expect to have practice time and prime pit space – sorry gents don’t work like that – early bird gets the worm
Old 04-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #65
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

First off, let me say I have been racing for 23 years, not a newbie. My experience tells me the fast guys always hate it when us slower racers get in their way. I always practice the routine of swinging wide to let the faster guys go by then pull in and follow them as long as I can. This works for them and helps me learn as well. However, I am not interested in being someone's whipping post when they clearly should be running in a faster class. Everyone likes good competition this is a reason for breaking the racers into classes according to ability. If someone insists on sandbagging then it is quite easy to insure they do not get the victory they are hoping for. I will make it HARD to pass, if they get impatient and take me out. It is ON and they will not get by the next time they try to pass! After all, lots of bumping occurs when you are down here racing with the new or slow guys. I have found the quickest way to get fast guys out of the sportsman class is to not allow them to post run times as fast as the pros!
ridein04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #66
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

looking at the qualifying times it looks like 3-4 people in the sportsman buggy class would of qualified for the A-main in the intermediate class so you take the 4 guys and move them to intermediate so that would move everyone up 4 spots and unless you qualified in the top 4 in the b-main it doesnt really matter does it? Dont forget that its a series and it pays to have consistent finishes and get those race attendance bonus points so go out and have fun with some toy cars

Last edited by mxnut273; 04-28-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: MORE INFO
mxnut273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i think a big part of this 2 was the 1 qual round...helped a lot people out and screwed alot 2 lol...so that had something to do with people looking really good..no offense to anyone...but the 2nd round people would've been prepared...the people with the most track time were the people who bumped from the d to a..so it helped them as far as points...but ryan for example was setting an early tq when his engine flamed
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
Just wanted to give you a little clarification on this. That guy, was yelling NOOOOOOO because the marshal just set his car back on the track when it was mid runaway due to the receiver pack coming unplugged. So, he was yelling because the marshall was a dumb ass, and you laughing about stuff without knowledge makes you a dumb ass too. Just thought you would like to know.
meh. shit happens. the only peoples attention that guy was getting was the rest of us on the drivers stand. yelling at turn marshals from the stand is retarded. you cant hear anything when youre turn marshalling. flopping around, and screaming at the top of your lungs only pisses off the people on the stand, thus i laugh because the guy is making a fool of himself for no reason.

i give EVERYBODY full permission to laugh at me when my shit goes stupid. hell, ill probably beat you to the punch.

pull your panties out and relax. Just thought you would like to know.
fatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Actually, sportsman TQ buggy would have qualified 6th in the intermediate "b" main. I hardly would call that sandbagging.
There were two people that finished the series in the top three last year that refused to bump up. (supposed to be a JBRL rule) One in Int buggy and one in sportsman truggy. I dont know why Jimmy let these guys slide, but it didnt go un-noticed.
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #70
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
Actually, sportsman TQ buggy would have qualified 6th in the intermediate "b" main. I hardly would call that sandbagging.

**yep you are right spt tq went 9/5:33..while intermediate 10th pl went 9/5:28 w/3 car bump

There were two people that finished the series in the top three last year that refused to bump up. (supposed to be a JBRL rule) One in Int buggy and one in sportsman truggy. I dont know why Jimmy let these guys slide, but it didnt go un-noticed.
**as far as that goes w/340 entries maybe a couple names squeaked by...not an excuse jus a possibility
Old 04-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #71
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

I got to ask ... why not just have one class for buggy with everyone in it then ? It's the system allowing good racers to race in the novice class thats appears to be causing the problem.

It's what i'm used to over in the UK. Everyone goes to the meeting and signs in with an ability rating used to sort the heats into ability. At larger meeting this is looked at again after round one of qualifing and resorted on times.
Everyone does there best in the qualifiers and races whatever main they got in to.

Now I know there's only 1 winner this way, but lets be fair THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE FASTEST RACER ON ANY GIVEN DAY. It's your wishing to have multipule "winners" thats causing the issue's here.
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #72
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is always going to be a few people in your class that could maybe bump up and be quick. For example in my class (Int.) there were about 5-6 guys that ran in expert last year with success but running to Jimmy and telling on them is just girly IMO. Just relax and race. Those few people are not going to make or break my day. It will just make me feel better if I beat them.

Team Losi Racing | Airtronics | Proline | TKO | Nitrotane Fuel

LRH Hobbies/lrhhobbies.com | Volume Bikes |818 Graphics
Bogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #73
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogi View Post
Just relax and race. Those few people are not going to make or break my day. It will just make me feel better if I beat them.
+1
Old 04-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #74
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Old 04-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #75
Tech Rookie

LOL LOOK WHOS TALKING THATCHER MR EXP BUGGY SPORTSMAN TRUGGY
TIME WARP is offline   Reply With Quote