R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Most jbrl races are 180 entries. That one was INSANE. National level in terms of entries, and most national level races have 3 days.

ARC is the next race, but i will be stuck at disneyland.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
Most jbrl races are 180 entries. That one was INSANE. National level in terms of entries, and most national level races have 3 days.

ARC is the next race, but i will be stuck at disneyland.
....so much for the "happiest place on earth saying"
Jammin Crt.5 .12 Picco
everyjuangohome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Im not sure if this was stated at all, I only skimmed threw the 4 pages.

But what about just running them all together? A threw Z mains, and they will be where they need to be. And hand out little plaques or little gifts to the top 3 (after bumps) in every main. Everybody has a chance and there no sand bagging. A little bit more hectic in the first heat before resort, but thats about it. And if the fast guys whine they have lost the hobby part of RC racing.

I think thats the only way to not have sand bagging. I like running with the fast guys anyways, I just move when they try to lap me If people race honest the racing will be better cause there with more people of there speed. And is there a down side to better racing? nope!
Old 04-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Thats the way JBRL races are. They attract faster drivers than club races. Trust me, I know some of those guys, they are no sandbaggers. One fast lap time doesnt mean a whole lot, anyone can bang out a fast lap, consistancy is what makes you fast. Int. is for fast am's that are'nt ready for the pro class. Am. class is for everyone else.
Club races usually have a begginner, novice, amatuer and expert class if you are looking for a bigger class separation.
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyjuangohome View Post
To be honest this was my first race and I was excited about doing the series. I only have my wife to be my pit girl and she doesn't really want to do it, took alot of me convincing her she could do it to get here there. Ive neve been to a race like this before. I had to wake up at 5 so I could get there at 5:45. I practiced on Sat so I had no reason to show up this early EXCEPT to try and get a spot(if you practiced sat you didn't get to sunday). Even at 5:45 I had to snake someones spot. People left there tables and tents setup overnight and didn't show up till 8:30 expecting to have a spot. BS I got my ass up early to get a spot so screw you. Then I waited till 9 sitting doing nothing. Then I waited till 12:00 just to get a 5min race. Then waited and waited and waited. I almost just left saying "screw this im not gonna endure 7 more of these events"
yeah, at the big races you end up waiting alot, but that just gives you more time sit and look at your car and wonder what youre doing wrong
fatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
yeah, at the big races you end up waiting alot, but that just gives you more time sit and look at your car and wonder what youre doing wrong
+1
xpertpredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
Thats the way JBRL races are. They attract faster drivers than club races. Trust me, I know some of those guys, they are no sandbaggers. One fast lap time doesnt mean a whole lot, anyone can bang out a fast lap, consistancy is what makes you fast. Int. is for fast am's that are'nt ready for the pro class. Am. class is for everyone else.
Club races usually have a begginner, novice, amatuer and expert class if you are looking for a bigger class separation.
I hear ya. Im not trying to come off as a cry baby by anymeans. Just when you have a Intermediate class just kinda makes you scratch your head a little. If it was pro and sportsman only well then I would just STFU and keep it on all 4 and try to be consistant like you said. Cheers.
Jammin Crt.5 .12 Picco
everyjuangohome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post

true but we both know there are some sandbaggers in the JBRL lol...btw how'd you do in your main? bill? this is Jayson
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #54
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! Wish I could have made it. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets so nervous he forgets how to drive!
as i understand it, you have to be able to drive first.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #55
Tech Adept

If a person is clearly dominating w/ wins in a particular class they should be bumped up.

If there are enough entries an intermediate group makes sense.
Czolgosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #56
Tech Addict

I feel its a matter of track time. I normally race expert at my local track where I get tons of track time, but going out to a new track is a different story. Lets put it this way, if you get 5 laps on a track at practice due to what ever reason, and your competitor "factory pro" gets 1 hour are you really going to compete?! No. In this case I would drop down knowing that I would just be in the way, trust me "Pro's" hate when you get in the way. I've personally ease dropped on a couple big name pro racers talking seriuos smack about some expert "club" racers being "in the way". I actually have a couple conversations on video/audio that I might post some day just to slap them in the face....! I bet their sponsors would love to hear that, true or not!

Anyways, I think you should run where you feel competitive and can hang with the flow of traffic. Occasionally you might underestimate yourself and thats when the sand bagger talk comes up. But in general run where you feel comfortable.

Just my .5 cents...
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

if the guy or group running the event in this case jimmy babcock monitors the qualies there will be no sand bagging . He can auto bump the guys that are running fast enough to qualify in the a main of the next class up. also should just make rule that if you sand bag and then fly in the main you should get bumped to the next class up at the next event with no series points that will fix alot of the problems but in all honesty why does it matter if youre in sportman class youre learning and the experience you get running with the fast guys is good for you on the other hand the baggers or trophy hounds i call them are soing nothing but training to go slower so someday the slow boy will be faster then the fast boy running below his level . also unless you are at the top of intermidiate class you have no chance at sponsor so the prize you will win at the end of the series is going to be nothing compared to the thousands in fuel tires practice and parts just to be bumped to a class the next season where you will get smoked if have more than a booble or 2
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

oh yeah the best part of big races is you get to see all the new not out stuff and sometimes get your hands on some of it like the new caliber tires from proline which will compete with the cityblocks from AKA. and got to see the new mbx6t in action looked dialed oh yeah and watching the big dogs is always fun
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

like I said before it sucks but at the same time it makes you faster...I normally run amatuer so I felt I should intermediate and I did...even thought the comp is higher I still like the challenge of being on my toes but being consistant ya know...that's what I like
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #60
Tech Addict

Why does everybody seem to get caught up in reading so much into single fast laps?

Maybe even 2 or 3 in a heat.

If in the end they are 2 or 3 laps down, were they actually that fast?

Ed M.
bentgear is offline   Reply With Quote