R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyjuangohome View Post
It's all good I had fun. I was solo on Saturday and I didn't know how the practice sessions worked, so I got 15mins on sat and 2 laps on sunday in my hear race I used aka cityblocks and I didn't get a watered track and it seemed pretty slick. I hear ya on the nerves I was trippin on how shakey I was the whole time. I was 7th in the F main. I was the dude with the white losi that had the body flapping all over on me, it broke like 2 laps in hahaha
Lol I remeber that one. Everytime you went over the big jump in the back, your body acted like a giant air brake and your car dropped out of the air like a brick LOL. I was the guy with the Yellow D8, that was all over the place LOL. Don't mean to get of topic but how do you like the losi I have been considering making a swap for some time now due to local support.
xpertpredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertpredator View Post
Lol I remeber that one. Everytime you went over the big jump in the back, your body acted like a giant air brake and your car dropped out of the air like a brick LOL. I was the guy with the Yellow D8, that was all over the place LOL. Don't mean to get of topic but how do you like the losi I have been considering making a swap for some time now due to local support.
LOL. Yep I was getting hammered on back step up. Didn't help that the wind decided to pick up during that race. Well I loved my losi 1.0 and just bought the 2.0 and got it tuesday and drove it once before the race on sunday. I have never driven any other 1/8 scale car. I like to drive reall aggresive and fast so to me I really like the 2.0 but again I have nothing to compare it to. I have the 2.0 truggy as well so that's why I stick with the same brand of car. I thin any 1/8 scale car is a good car some people jsut adjust better to certain cars in my opinion.
Jammin Crt.5 .12 Picco
everyjuangohome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #33
Tech Rookie

In my opinon if you can still race sportsman class then race it.. It helps drivers that aren't as fast as the pro guys in A main to get recognized.. Sponsorships usually won't pick you up unless your at a national level, or either you got some goods friends. Don't sweat it though, just have fun with it. There will always be sandbaggers who come and go. Like someone had mentioned, most events usually don't let the top 3 sportsman drivers run sportmans again. The pro series does the same i believe.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Quote:
LOL. Yep I was getting hammered on back step up. Didn't help that the wind decided to pick up during that race. Well I loved my losi 1.0 and just bought the 2.0 and got it tuesday and drove it once before the race on sunday. I have never driven any other 1/8 scale car. I like to drive reall aggresive and fast so to me I really like the 2.0 but again I have nothing to compare it to. I have the 2.0 truggy as well so that's why I stick with the same brand of car. I thin any 1/8 scale car is a good car some people jsut adjust better to certain cars in my opinion.
Yah true that. I love my D8 just getting a little tired of getting bashed my some of the other locals. I think my money will better spent on a new motor and some digital servos. BTW does anyone know how to change the framerate on an m11 for use with digital servos. Back on topic at least we had fun. I am looking forward to round 2. The large turnout was great but I hope it is a bit smaller so we can have 2 quals next time.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
It's all good I had fun. I was solo on Saturday and I didn't know how the practice sessions worked, so I got 15mins on sat and 2 laps on sunday in my hear race I used aka cityblocks and I didn't get a watered track and it seemed pretty slick. I hear ya on the nerves I was trippin on how shakey I was the whole time. I was 7th in the F main. I was the dude with the white losi that had the body flapping all over on me, it broke like 2 laps in hahaha
man, i was in the F sportsman main too. did you hear the guy yelling at the turn marshals. "No, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOO" screaming. i was laughing telling him to take it easy. i was able to win though, bump to the E, won that as well, then got 4th in the D. i still need to work on my setup though. saturday it felt good, but sunday it was all over the track.
fatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I only pulled a 36 but that was due to crappy tune...I probably run between 34-35's so I assume i ran the right class..which is intermediate...cody king was killing he ran a 31.4 followed by a 31.5 and so on in the quals...yea some people should bump up to intermediate but I think it'd be hard to keep track of every driver..things will sort themselves out...plus I have a theory if you've got a sandbagger in your class and you get tired of him he'll make you faster just cause you wanna beat him lol
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
I only pulled a 36 but that was due to crappy tune...I probably run between 34-35's so I assume i ran the right class..which is intermediate...cody king was killing he ran a 31.4 followed by a 31.5 and so on in the quals...yea some people should bump up to intermediate but I think it'd be hard to keep track of every driver..things will sort themselves out...plus I have a theory if you've got a sandbagger in your class and you get tired of him he'll make you faster just cause you wanna beat him lol
I agree with that somewhat because I know when i get frustrated i try to push my car to the limits so i can beat that guy and put his win streak to a rest.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
man, i was in the F sportsman main too. did you hear the guy yelling at the turn marshals. "No, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOO" screaming. i was laughing telling him to take it easy. i was able to win though, bump to the E, won that as well, then got 4th in the D. i still need to work on my setup though. saturday it felt good, but sunday it was all over the track.
Really? I didn't hear shit I was so effing nervous I thought I had been driving for 10mins when the announcer said 2mins down. LOL I was tripping thinking I was gonna run out of gas or something.
Jammin Crt.5 .12 Picco
Old 04-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
Really? I didn't hear shit I was so effing nervous I thought I had been driving for 10mins when the announcer said 2mins down. LOL I was tripping thinking I was gonna run out of gas or something.
LOL. the only time i get super nervous anymore is when im in the lead. and let me tell you i was shaking like a leaf when i was leading it. i had the orange and green body, with yellow front wheels, white back wheels, and a black wing! my car looks like hell
Old 04-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

haha I wasn't nervous I was pissed cause my motor somehow jumped way the heck outta tune..so i had start without a shot of even bumping to the B-main lol
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
LOL. the only time i get super nervous anymore is when im in the lead. and let me tell you i was shaking like a leaf when i was leading it. i had the orange and green body, with yellow front wheels, white back wheels, and a black wing! my car looks like hell
Well this was technically my first race ever. I raced once at the hemet track but broke Im looking forward to racing at ARC and I hope to god it's nowhere near as crowded. That sucked......I have a brand new T2.0 with new Vspec that didn't have time to break in. I will def be racing buggy and truggy at ARC so im not sitting around and waiting. Hey at least your body stayed on.
Jammin Crt.5 .12 Picco
Old 04-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #42
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! Wish I could have made it. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets so nervous he forgets how to drive!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #43
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! Wish I could have made it. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets so nervous he forgets how to drive!
youre probably better off you didnt come. there was 335 entries yesterday. so to get everybody through they had to cut it off to one qualifier. but they didnt bother telling everybody that it was just one till half way through the first round. i felt bad for all the people who didnt get to practice saturday, and it was so crazy there in the morning waiting for practice, alot of peoples first qual was thier practice, and thats all you got. it was messed up.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #44
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
youre probably better off you didnt come. there was 335 entries yesterday. so to get everybody through they had to cut it off to one qualifier. but they didnt bother telling everybody that it was just one till half way through the first round. i felt bad for all the people who didnt get to practice saturday, and it was so crazy there in the morning waiting for practice, alot of peoples first qual was thier practice, and thats all you got. it was messed up.

wow.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
To be honest this was my first race and I was excited about doing the series. I only have my wife to be my pit girl and she doesn't really want to do it, took alot of me convincing her she could do it to get here there. Ive neve been to a race like this before. I had to wake up at 5 so I could get there at 5:45. I practiced on Sat so I had no reason to show up this early EXCEPT to try and get a spot(if you practiced sat you didn't get to sunday). Even at 5:45 I had to snake someones spot. People left there tables and tents setup overnight and didn't show up till 8:30 expecting to have a spot. BS I got my ass up early to get a spot so screw you. Then I waited till 9 sitting doing nothing. Then I waited till 12:00 just to get a 5min race. Then waited and waited and waited. I almost just left saying "screw this im not gonna endure 7 more of these events"
Jammin Crt.5 .12 Picco