R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   JB/RL Rd. 1 world record (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/292952-jb-rl-rd-1-world-record.html)

everyjuangohome 04-27-2009 08:28 AM

JB/RL Rd. 1 world record

This weekend I raced the JBRL nitro series. 335 people entered making for a world record for a 1 day race. All in all had a pretty good time. Obviously way to many people for a 1 day event, so most of the day was spent sitting around and waiting.

I finished 46 out of about 100 entries in the sportsman class. They cut the second round of qualies due to limited amount of time. and ran 1o min mains with the top 3 from each main bumping up.

After looking at the time sheet's the pro class has lap times from 31-31 seconds. Here is the classis problem with racing people in the sportsman class were turning 34 second lap times, yet they wont race the intermediate classs....frikking sandbaggers!!!!

thuren 04-27-2009 10:11 AM

This was my first BIG race, and dang, I like club racing! :lol:

No really, I don't know what else they could have done different except limit entries, as the turnout was crazy, and I think they ran it VERY well. I was happy with qualifying 5th in the Int Buggy E main, having only 7 min of practice time on that track. What a killer track too! As the clouds, moist air, and major drop in air temp rolled in I got bit by the flameout monster like many others, and blew my main. I was looking forward to another 10min of runtime to make it a whopping 22min of tracktime after being there from 6am to 10pm.

There was some serious sandbagging going on but I think that is pretty normal at these big races.

rkhess 04-27-2009 10:55 AM

moved post to sandbaging

NitroLuver 04-27-2009 11:03 AM

well some of the people used to run higher classes at other races but bumped down to lower classes to go after trophies("sandbagging") lol..it's cool if that's what you wanna do to win:rolleyes:

on another note yesterday sucked lol...fun track horrible raceday during the qual motor was way too fat no power what so ever...then after cutting the 2nd round was a 12hr wait for my next run bench tuned my motor it fired right up had a smooth throttle response and everything...even let it idle for a few minutes...when it comes time to do my race the engine somehow gets extremely lean and wouldn't even stay started so my team spent several mintues trying to get it to even stay starter...and finally got it to run it had a lean bog but was cool at the mid...so I had them richin it a bid to try and get rid of the lean bog..no dice...went back in and just ran with the lean bog..came off @ 230 but was wet around the top of the backplate and around the sides so I think the case maybe cracked:flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

oh yea qualed 8th in the c-main for intermediate truggy...due to poor qual run

everyjuangohome 04-27-2009 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by thuren (Post 5738105)
This was my first BIG race, and dang, I like club racing! :lol:

No really, I don't know what else they could have done different except limit entries, as the turnout was crazy, and I think they ran it VERY well. I was happy with qualifying 5th in the Int Buggy E main, having only 7 min of practice time on that track. What a killer track too! As the clouds, moist air, and major drop in air temp rolled in I got bit by the flameout monster like many others, and blew my main. I was looking forward to another 10min of runtime to make it a whopping 22min of tracktime after being there from 6am to 10pm.

There was some serious sandbagging going on but I think that is pretty normal at these big races.

No doubt that was a long ass day. 6am till 7pm for me and a total of 17mins rc time. I was really impressed with how well they ran the chaos.....but why not have pre-signups so they can determine if they need to extend it to a 2 day race?

NitroLuver 04-27-2009 11:16 AM

they tried to have pre-race signups but alot of the people there didn't show until sunday so they couldn't determine that huge turnout

NitroLuver 04-27-2009 11:55 AM

for those that missed this one...beautiful track and layout:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...eaumont006.jpg

everyjuangohome 04-27-2009 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by NitroLuver (Post 5738437)
for those that missed this one...beautiful track and layout:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...eaumont006.jpg

Cheers to that. Track was so much fun. That's a saturday pic. Those kids were the worst turn marshalls ever. They were scared of the cars :lol:

Bigedmond 04-27-2009 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome (Post 5738571)
Cheers to that. Track was so much fun. That's a saturday pic. Those kids were the worst turn marshalls ever. They were scared of the cars :lol:

I will agree they were very slow. BUT, we still rolled it over, so in the end, our fault.

NitroLuver 04-27-2009 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome (Post 5738571)

haha true..I could understand if the cars were coming fast but they were scared when everyone was a couple turns away ...oh well I guess the lesson is don't flip haha...yea def a sat pic...freaking 45minute waits for 15 minute practice lol..hey big did you run sportsman or intermediate truggy?

and another shot of the track:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...eaumont007.jpg

solitude127 04-27-2009 01:51 PM

Great layout. It went smoothly considering the amount of people. Hats off to Rob and the Thunderalley crew as well as the JBRL. Thanks for a great time

xpertpredator 04-27-2009 01:59 PM

I just hope that the large turnout yesterday spurs some more interest in thunder alley and we can once again start club racing there again. They have not club raced their in months and i fear that if something doesn't change soon that TA will not be able to survive in todays rough economy. If anyone is willing to come down to club race please let me know as I would like to get a group of guys to come down to race besides me and the other locals.

everyjuangohome 04-27-2009 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by xpertpredator (Post 5738883)
I just hope that the large turnout yesterday spurs some more interest in thunder alley and we can once again start club racing there again. They have not club raced their in months and i fear that if something doesn't change soon that TA will not be able to survive in todays rough economy. If anyone is willing to come down to club race please let me know as I would like to get a group of guys to come down to race besides me and the other locals.

I thought they did saturday night thunder every sat?
Im down to show up and race, especially with this new track. It was killer.

NitroLuver 04-27-2009 02:02 PM

i'd love to go back especially since I didn't get my fun run in lol

Alan D. 04-27-2009 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by xpertpredator (Post 5738883)

How many guys do you need to club race?