R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyjuangohome View Post
I thought they did saturday night thunder every sat?
Im down to show up and race, especially with this new track. It was killer.
There are usually 5 racers with buggies or truggies, a slash or two and a couple bashers on Saturday. Look at the results page of their website, no club racing.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #17
Tech Regular

How about if you guys are up to it coming back down this saturday for some racing. Everyone will have tons more runtime on this awesome layout and we can help get some club racing started again at Thunder Alley.
xpertpredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertpredator View Post
How about if you guys are up to it coming back down this saturday for some racing. Everyone will have tons more runtime on this awesome layout and we can help get some club racing started again at Thunder Alley.
Doooh!! of course this is the worst month for me to be racing on saturdays. I can't make it got a b-day party at my house shizzle!!! Im in hemet so the drive isn't bad for me.
Jammin Crt.5 .12 Picco
everyjuangohome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)

Quote:
I just hope that the large turnout yesterday spurs some more interest in thunder alley and we can once again start club racing there again. They have not club raced their in months and i fear that if something doesn't change soon that TA will not be able to survive in todays rough economy. If anyone is willing to come down to club race please let me know as I would like to get a group of guys to come down to race besides me and the other locals.
I don't think the economy can take Thunder Alley especially after what went down yesterday. We really drew a lot of attention to TA. And the track, FUN! WORLD RECORD ENTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TA got the win yesterday. Hopefully next year we will have a two day event. Keep your fingers crossed.
-WHEELMAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #20
Tech Master

I showed up on Saturday to do some practice for the JBRL and I have to say that I had the most fun on the lay out they currently have at Thunder Alley. can't even explain how much fun it was. I was grinning from ear to ear the first time I came down from the drivers stand. I liked how it was high speed and slow and technical all in one lay out. Major props to the guys at Thunder Alley for such a great lay out.
It was also my first time ever out to Thunder Alley on Saturday and I really liked the place. I love the fact that the pit tables have lights already on them so I don't have to bring out my own light.
I wasn't able to race the JBRl though. Woke up so sick I wouldn't have been able to drive well. I showed up at 5pm to check it out and MAN it should have been a two day event. SOOOO many people there it was crazy. It did kind of suck that they only ran one qualifying round then the mains, but like Jimmy said they were doing the best they could do with the entries that showed up.
If Jimmy wants to continue with a one day event he should to pre sign ups and limit the sign up that way more racing can be done, but a lot of people did show up on the day of the race to sign up. I think that if Jimmy announced it enough then people would pre sign up. All in all it did look like allot of fun.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN- View Post
I don't think the economy can take Thunder Alley especially what went down yesterday. WORLD RECORD ENTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TA got the win yesterday. Hopefully next year we will have a two day event.
Dude....who cares how many people showed up yesterday. That was for one day out of 365 days. A track can't stay open if they do not have people there the other 364 days a year. That turnout would have happened at any of the Socal tracks.
Jammin Crt.5 .12 Picco
Old 04-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Quote:
I don't think the economy can take Thunder Alley especially what went down yesterday. WORLD RECORD ENTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TA got the win yesterday. Hopefully next year we will have a two day event.
Yah the large turnout definitely helped out, but that won't last forever, the best thing to do is to get some club racing started to keep the track alive and motivated.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

the lay out was sick but by the end of the night it looked like good old thunder alley rocky dry track that gets neglected some i have been there only for a few club races due to track eating tires and chasis it is fun place but need to keep the track in perfect or near to perfect condition for me to get there when arc and rev. are around the corner from there and are dialed almost always. as for jbrl they need to cap the entries or two day the event cause when you are at the track from 4:50 am till 12:00pm and only got 7min practice 5 min quali. and a 10 min. A-main you aint feeling real happy but they will get it figured out 3 weeks ARC is going to be off the hook good luck to all
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewn_beef View Post
the lay out was sick but by the end of the night it looked like good old thunder alley rocky dry track that gets neglected some i have been there only for a few club races due to track eating tires and chasis it is fun place but need to keep the track in perfect or near to perfect condition for me to get there when arc and rev. are around the corner from there and are dialed almost always. as for jbrl they need to cap the entries or two day the event cause when you are at the track from 4:50 am till 12:00pm and only got 7min practice 5 min quali. and a 10 min. A-main you aint feeling real happy but they will get it figured out 3 weeks ARC is going to be off the hook good luck to all
I will take that note and tell rick and rob. I really would like to see TA be a popular club racing spot.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)

Quote:
Dude....who cares how many people showed up yesterday. That was for one day out of 365 days. A track can't stay open if they do not have people there the other 364 days a year. That turnout would have happened at any of the Socal tracks.
You'll see about your assumptions, Rob from TA will chime in here pretty soon.
-WHEELMAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i agree i want all the tracks to be successful TA is super fun because elevation changes in back always has been good just needs more TLC
what else will help the track is if the local area factory drivers would disperse thier time at different tracks evenly they all seem to go to rev. for the most part if they would go to each of the tracks a little more it would help turnout but. track has to be good and maintained. and as for sand bagging think it is funny that sprotsman winner was getting pitted by one of the local losi pros fund that odd for sportsman class not complaining though there is always trophy hounds at all big races all they are is scared to get beat by someone as fast as them so they pick on the slow class hope when i get faster i dont do that junk finished ninth in sport buggy A-main flammed at nine mins. trying to run 10 no pit oh well was fun either way just long way to long a day
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
You'll see about your assumptions, Rob from TA will chime in here pretty soon.
Trust me, I wish the best for TA and all the local tracks, without them I would not get to enjoy this fun hobby. Whenever I am at ARC or REV the one thing I always hear about TA is how people hate the dirt. They call it tire eaters.
Jammin Crt.5 .12 Picco
Old 04-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Quote:
Trust me, I wish the best for TA and all the local tracks, without them I would not get to enjoy this fun hobby. Whenever I am at ARC or REV the one thing I always hear about TA is how people hate the dirt. They call it tire eaters.
Yah i have heard that too. Unfortunately we cannot change the dirt, but we can water the track which will ease the wear on tires and chassis alike. Trust me I am gonna try to work with Rick and Rob to get some more people out to TA. But I cannot do it by myself.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Yah i have heard that too. Unfortunately we cannot change the dirt, but we can water the track which will ease the wear on tires and chassis alike. Trust me I am gonna try to work with Rick and Rob to get some more people out to TA. But I cannot do it by myself.
I cant beleive you guys are complaining about the dirt. Come check out the dirt in vegas, and youll see, TA has GREAT dirt.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
I cant beleive you guys are complaining about the dirt. Come check out the dirt in vegas, and youll see, TA has GREAT dirt.
Dirt seemed fine to me. Show up on a practice night during the week and you would be blown away. Last time I showed there was maybe 4 people running a 1/8 scale and a few slashes getting in my way
Jammin Crt.5 .12 Picco