R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #16
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygrand48 View Post
Great guess Frank, how'd you know? 2 races with D8T=qual 3rd and 1st and finish 4th and 1st. With Losi had only made 2 a mains in about 6 attempts!

Dammit I knew it. I am going to have to find some new tricks. I bet your hot bodies is pretty much stock too huh where I have added every option hop up part I could. Those hot bodies trucks are quick and is silver the hb color last weekend I took 2nd to a silver hot bodies too. Maybe I just need to paint the losi silver haha. Well see you at the track. Ohh BTW nice truck
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic
 
Brian C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Twain Harte, Ca
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Box stock plus Orange rear springs.
Brian C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #18
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygrand48 View Post
Box stock plus Orange rear springs.
Hey what tires do you like at CRV?
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
cary's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,914
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Frank YGPM
__________________
Xray XB8 14,AE RC8T3,XB9 13,Kyosho wheeler,Losi SCTE 2.0,+ More
> The Animal,Frank L. Jr. <
~~~~RedRock Hobbies~~~~
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #20
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

I think with all the no flameout posts I have pissed off the nitro gods. The entire race day was cursed with flameouts I had 2 and others had mulitpule. The top 5 spots changed several times due to flameouts. At the end of the main the leader even flamed out and dropped out of the top 3. Whatever the case the tragic flameouts were epidemic. I hate flameouts.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic
 
Brian C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Twain Harte, Ca
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Sorry to put the whammy on ya! How did you end up? Gonna have to change all of your testimonials!!!! LOL!!!!!!! Dont know if you've looked but I think Philip was about 13th in truggy and don't see him in buggy. Way to go for a local guy!
Brian C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #22
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygrand48 View Post
Sorry to put the whammy on ya! How did you end up? Gonna have to change all of your testimonials!!!! LOL!!!!!!! Dont know if you've looked but I think Philip was about 13th in truggy and don't see him in buggy. Way to go for a local guy!
I ended up 5th even with the flameout. I was running 3rd and gaining on 2nd. I had a feeling it was going to catch up with me sooner or later. I'll have to bump up my humility and ask the nitro gods for another chance. It was pretty damm hot yesterday. The temp said 110 in the shade. Now thats what I call hot.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #23
Tech Master
 
cary's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,914
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

the nitro gods where not in a good mood yesterday at all
__________________
Xray XB8 14,AE RC8T3,XB9 13,Kyosho wheeler,Losi SCTE 2.0,+ More
> The Animal,Frank L. Jr. <
~~~~RedRock Hobbies~~~~
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #24
Tech Addict
 
rcgeezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 688
Default

Hot doesn't even begin to describe it yesterday! I guess I was lucky Frank, I didn't experience any flameouts at our race but broke out of the main in 4th place with more front end problems. One of these days...

Oh well...on to the next race.
__________________
**Team Terribles Northern CA Regional Rep.**
Cold Fusion R/C Products Team Driver
Answer-RC USA / Team Sweep Racing USA
Team RcRenew...visit us at rcrenew.com!
Triton RC Alpha Plus Engines
rcgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #25
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I think with all the no flameout posts I have pissed off the nitro gods. The entire race day was cursed with flameouts I had 2 and others had mulitpule. The top 5 spots changed several times due to flameouts. At the end of the main the leader even flamed out and dropped out of the top 3. Whatever the case the tragic flameouts were epidemic. I hate flameouts.
cold fusion fuel never flames out !!!! you said that yourself

just givin ya crap
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #26
Tech Addict
 
rcgeezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 688
Default

Monty, I'm sure Frank must have had some mitigating circumstances, cuz I also run Cold Fusion fuel exclusively and suffered NO flameouts during the same crazy temps. Then again, props for my Nova +4 give him lots of crap...I love it!!
__________________
**Team Terribles Northern CA Regional Rep.**
Cold Fusion R/C Products Team Driver
Answer-RC USA / Team Sweep Racing USA
Team RcRenew...visit us at rcrenew.com!
Triton RC Alpha Plus Engines
rcgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #27
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
cold fusion fuel never flames out !!!! you said that yourself

just givin ya crap
You are right (tail between my legs hehehe) I expected to catch some s**t from it. But I can dish it out so I can take it.

I did however find the reason. Not the fuel (cary ran great with the fuel), Not the heat, Not the plug (I replaced it that morning) Not anything but crapy expensive TKO clutch bearings. TKO bearings work great in engines so when they released their special TKO bearing for the losi clutch system I tried them. I had 2 5 min quals and a 15 min main (they got cut short because it was soo damm hot) on them and when I pulled the engine and took the bell off the front bearing was toast. The race fell out and the front seal was gone. So once again it was just damm expensive crapy clutch bearings. I am going back to Losi HD clutch bearings they have gone for gallons without failing with maintenance of course. But dont stop keep it guys I can take it.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #28
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
You are right (tail between my legs hehehe) I expected to catch some s**t from it. But I can dish it out so I can take it.

I did however find the reason. Not the fuel (cary ran great with the fuel), Not the heat, Not the plug (I replaced it that morning) Not anything but crapy expensive TKO clutch bearings. TKO bearings work great in engines so when they released their special TKO bearing for the losi clutch system I tried them. I had 2 5 min quals and a 15 min main (they got cut short because it was soo damm hot) on them and when I pulled the engine and took the bell off the front bearing was toast. The race fell out and the front seal was gone. So once again it was just damm expensive crapy clutch bearings. I am going back to Losi HD clutch bearings they have gone for gallons without failing with maintenance of course. But dont stop keep it guys I can take it.
take of blue seals carefully and oil them as you would any other and replace the seal . they are actually good bearings but i dont usually prefer two rubber shields on my bearings only one .

easier maint.
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net