Community
Wiki Posts
Search

werks clutch HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

mamba4life, nitro can be frustrating at time, especially for people that come from electric but don't give up! Not sure what area that you run out of in Texas but if you are in the Dallas area let me know. One of my drivers down there is Mike Battaile and he's one of the top 3 or 4 guys in Texas. We sponsor him with engines etc. and even though you're running Novarossi, I can ask him to help you out and get you pointed in the right direction. He also just started running for Mugen so he can help you with set up on your car too. He's off for the Saw Grass race in Alabama this weekend but back next week, let me know...
Old 05-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

thats cool thanks alot but im done

im going back to my roots no more nitro for me!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I tried to keep things simple with this clutch for a new to nitro guy. last spring I was given 2 used&2 nip werks clutch' and after running 2 of them and seeing what werks of art they were "not" I ripped them out gave three of them away just the same as they were given to me. after all the work i put into the one in the buggy i seen that it wasnt worth it. the truggy clutch set up easier and last i knew it was pushing the 2 gallon mark exactly the way i built it. right now i use several stock losi clutches and those all were paid for. stock with brand clutches or m2c(as well as couple others, just not werks) are the only clutch that should be used, unless you get lucky with some pos like the werks clutch period.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dont give up on nitro, 1/8th electric has a long way to go yet before its as reliable as nitro(most Pro Rc drivers say the exact same thing).Besides who want to race a class that usually only has an A-main(no b or c)
Just a question but if you are unfamiliar with tuning and running a nitro engine why pick up a complicated clutch? With all RCs unless you know exactly what your doing just keep it simple.
Im not saying the werks is a bad clutch, its just not for beginers. If you want the simplest low maitnence clutches look at fioroni sliders and MIP ring clutches, they dont have the perfomance of a aluminum three shoe but require no maitnence untill the springs wearout.

Also not trying to turn you away from werks products, as you would be hard pressed to find another company that goes out of its way as much as werks does for its customers.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

you guys are all wasting your time trying to talk me back into nitro i have already set my mind i will never buy a nitro anything ever again! "not tryinh to be rude its AWSOME when it works but 85% of the time it doesnt driveing 45 min just for stuff to mess up is not worth the hassle The people around here don't wanna help the new guy "or they just dont have time. ..i can tune a GAS motor all day with no problem but the nitro crap just is not for me i have already posted my stuff for sale!

i have nothing bad to say about werks "the dude on here from werks is the bomb diggidysnap!" i did not ever have problems with it on my revo bb conversion When i got this mbx5 it came with the werks stuff so i just ran it well tried 2 any ways

the more people i talk to tell me that those clutchs work on what they wana work on wich kinda throws me for a loop !
Old 05-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I don't really see what is so difficult about a Werks clutch. It really is something a beginner should be able to figure out without too much difficulty. I've tried a lot of different combos with the Werks clutches and I think it's a piece of cake to setup. Install the flywheel, 4 shoes of your choice, gold spring, loctite, nut turned in to show 1-4 threads and install the bell. I run 4 carbon shoes in 1 buggy with 2+ threads showing and my other buggy and Revo run 4 Rulon shoes, Medium Spring, 1 Thread showing above nut. They all Werks Great! Not to mention they don't break Clutch springs like a 3 shoe clutch, you don't have to file the shoes like aluminum 3 shoe clutches, and the life of the shoes is excellent.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

People are just trying to give you a hand, If you really want to sell your stuff because you cannot learn the ropes so be it.
Kind of a quitter outlook but to each his own
Old 05-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

people have helpt me alot and im very grateful

P.s i didn't ask you for peoples opinion on my decision But thanks !