Wiki Posts
Search

nagging girlfriend

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default nagging girlfriend

everything with my car is a issue. i spent over a month and 2 grand putting it together and now i can finally run it, so she gets upsett and yells and bitches everytime i want to do anything with it. I want 1 wheel nut and i can't go get it. I need to spend time with her. I can't even spend any of my own money on anything for it. she is bitching because she has planed out my whole day and it wont fit in? How the hell does going to the hobby shop for 30 minutes take up the day?? I get 2 days of a week she gets 4. I am misserable, i mean i love her but jeeeezzzzz
Old 04-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My girlfriend doesn't give me any flak for the money I spend on it. She even wants to come to the track.

She came with me to the hobby shop once and I bought a few parts and it totaled almost $300. I think she pooped a little, but kind of realized right then that this hobby is a lot like her craft/scrapbooking stuff. It gets really expensive really fast.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

u didn't raise her rite. u have to lay down they law from the beginnin.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ditch her!

Get rid of her or the car now!
If you let it go on any longer it will fester into a raging monster!
I got into RC's after I had been married 18 years. (3 years ago) My wife is kind of cool about it but it has caused stress. She put me on a "budget" and I have to quit working on the cars when she gets home from work (I get of work 2 hours before her) and I have to schedule track days on the Saturdays she works (every other one) It is OK but there has been a few too many "rules" lately! I see this going to a bad place in the near future. Racing season here in the northwest is just about to start and I think the shit is gonna hit the fan.
My advice to you is get rid of the hobby or the GF. I have a feeling you are going to opt for the latter,
Good luck
Old 04-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Its only going to get worse man. they either have to be cool with it from the beggining or get ready for shit the rest of your relationship.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default hey.

here is my advice. if you really like her. find a hobby she likes and take some interest in that and still have your hobby. then that will show you are supporting what she likes to do to. Or do like a friend of mine did he got his girlfriend a rc car. He then occasional spends time with her just running in the streets backyard etc.. But hey that might spark her wanting to race with you to. I also wonder if she is having the issue of thinking he is spending all this money on his rc's and why not me etc...

anyways I hope this helps out
Old 04-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Dump that biotch.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was in the hobby before I had my fiance. She knows what I do. Sometimes I et that whining call asking me to come home home early but generally it's all good. Every now and again we have a conversation about it and I remind her that if I didn't race and crawl, we'd probably fight a lot more than we do, which isn't much. The whole "Idle hands" thing, right. If I'm not doing something that I see as productive, I'm probably going to stir up crap.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

My first wife bought me my first RC car....
Old 04-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Rookie

well arent you lucky
Old 04-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

drphil.com....lol
Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I guess I'm lucky too. My fiance like going to watch me race, stands out with me while I'm breaking in engines. The best thing to do is sit down and talk about it now or you will come home and all your stuff might be gone. It just sounds like she's jelous of your rc stuff. Everyone else is right, it will get worse if you don't get taken care of now.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just remember when it comes to women and the more time to spend with them:

1. They never get nicer
2. They never get skinnier
3. They never get cheaper
4. Your getting it a hole lot less action!!
5. Your toys start to become missing
Old 04-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Make her corner marshall at the end of the triple in the C-main and wait till someone hacks her head off. That way you get to race and get rid of her in one shot.

In all seriousness, if she doesn't like what you do, what does she like about you? R/C is not a hobby, it's a part of life.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

hey slipknot you missed the implication...FIRST wife.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.