R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default revo problems. please help!

i figured i would get faster responces on this forum rather than the monster truck forum.
ive been trying to start me revo today with factory settings. it wont run at all.. and the times i did get it started it idled good but when i hit the gas it dies and it blew a lot of smoke out. so it was rich. so i leaned it more and it does the same thing but now i cant get it to start. and i no i didnt lean it to far bc it hasnt stayed running long enough to mess anything up in the motor.
what could be my problem?
thanks

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

i know you heard this before but
set hsn 4 1/2 turns out
set lsn 1 3/4 turns out this is more reliable then trying to set it "Flush"
set idle gap to 1mm

It should start Re tune Hsn Lsn Idle in that order if don't try decreasing the idle gap and priming the engine by covering the exhaust tube
If it that don't work then id check the glow plug,fueline and tank seal

When the truck bogs out accelerating it usually means your Lsn is to rich and your idle gap to small if this is the case running low to mid throttle will sound real rough and throaty
infernus1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
Tech Elite

ok thanks. greatly appreciated. ill give that a try tomorrow.

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Old 04-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
Tech Elite

ok ive tried those needle settings and it worked thank you. BUT when i take off (once im moving) it cuts out all the time and wont even get enough speed to shift to second gear. ive tried leaning it and richening it and neither will work. what could this be? im so mad at it that its making me want to get a Brushless kit for it LOL.

PLEASE help. thanks

Old 04-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

check the gas cap seal, pressure tube coming off exaust and the pipe coupler
sounds like the exhaust isnt pressurizing the gas tank enough so when you take off its running outa fuel
Old 04-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
Tech Elite

could that cause it not wanting to shift also? because some of the passes i made, it would rev it to a point that i thought it should have shift.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

my buddy bough a new revo a week or two ago after a few runs i had to tighten the slipper as it finally wore in.

its easy to spot this problem try punching the throttle and holding it if the engine spins up real fast but the truck don't seem to go anywhere or even attempt to lift the front wheels the slipper is to lose.

I find the best setting for the slipper is checking for tightness the way its shown in the manual it should be about as hard to turn as a twist off beer cap

if you haven't adjusted the 2 speed don't its most likely tune related

also check the throttle servo it has a tendency to burn up and not work right as well as having wires come lose ive since moved the steering up to the throttle and got a new high tourqe for the steering
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Tech Elite

thanks
i got it fixed. a wire came loose on the bottom of the throttle servo which was causing all of this lol. but its running great now! going to the track tomorrow!

and i had the same problem with the slipper clutch like a week after i bought the revo.
and the 2 speed i have all most tuned perfect for my local track. it should be good enough i guess. i MIGHT have to adjust it to shift just a lliiittttlllle quicker.
but thanks for your help. im glad it was only that wire and not something seriously messed up with it.

What is a GOOD servo i can put in my revo? ive heard the 2055 thats in it goes bad real quick? and are they expensive? never really looked into them.