R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-25-2009, 07:14 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I figure that if a person starts by age 10 and stays with it, maybe he could make a living at it as an adult.

The common problem I hear about is puberty. Many young men put R/C aside once they get a girlfriend and a 1:1 car with a back seat.
markr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:32 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Make millions.....I do not think so. If you are an Adam Drake with your sponsorship,own lines etc. I would say six figures but he is the exception. Keep in mind when he is not racing/practicing he is on the clock as an office person with Losi 5 days a week. My guess there are about 20-25 racers that make a living racing rc cars but this includes having other duties within a company. I am not sure how many European,Asian drivers are "fully sponsored" but I can only think of maybe 15 in the USA and that may be a stretch. After a couple of Losi and Associated drivers a couple Kyosho drivers a few Odonnell ,one xray, one or two Mugen I cannot think of any other full time drivers. Many partial sponsorships, maybe dozens. Who can you think of?
Thopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #18
Tech Rookie

It depends on what you mean by a living. True, Drake makles six figures, but it is very low six figures. To me, that is not a good living. I make far more money than Drake and have time to actually enjoy RC racing. I would never trade my life for Drake's.

Plus there are so few who make anywhere near that racing RC cas. If you want to make money at some sport, then race motocross or street bikes. Or play basketball or something. RC is too small of a thing.

Or better yet, get a really good education and make money using your intellect.
antman450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Grouchy is doing commercials for Capital One credit Card Services. He said he actually smashes a violin in one of the commercials....said it was fun.As a matter of a fact today is his B-Day..... His wify is very nice and goodlooking too.She blessed the track today. Grouchy has airbubbles in his gas tank. He should have stuck w/ team FLEETWOOD.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore

Dont aspire to be a professional RC racer.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:58 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am curious as to what A pro RC drivers income is as well. Off the top of my head I know JAMMIN, HYPER, LOSI, ASSOCIATED, KYOSHO, HOT BODDIES, CEN, MUGEN, XRAY and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head all have 4-8 factory drivers. Each of these factory dirvers must have a sighn on salary(I'M sure depending on there racing status) I would think they would have bonuses if they won any kind of title and or specific race as well as sponsors that are suppying electronics, engines, aftermarket parts, fuel, paint schemes, clutches, pipes, tires etc. If you were winning I would think they would supply the material plus bonuses for winning. Plus the purse they win from each individual race (which for most of us isn't much, especially me). It would be interesting to find out how much a guy who is winning titles actually brings in a year. I believe Ricky Carmichaels salary with SUZUKI was arround 12 mill. for a 2-3 yr. contract, plus bonuses, sponsors, purses etc.
tristyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman450 View Post
It depends on what you mean by a living. True, Drake makles six figures, but it is very low six figures. To me, that is not a good living. I make far more money than Drake
awesome
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote