R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Questions?? I need help lol

...i recieved a hyperspeed exceed rc RTR(buggy)wth a .16 engine.
im new at this and dont know what im doing...ive had it since august 2008 and stilll havent started it i tried and failed over and over even by following the manual i still cant get it to start. i am using 33% traxxas fuel, it cranked once but only for about 2 secs..........i wanna get into it for a hobby but dont know where to start.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RC Dad

The first time you start it the fuel has to work its way all the way through the line before it gets to the engine. Keep cranking or just take off the pressure line and blow into it to prime the motor. Be sure to put it back on before you start it though
Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Dad View Post
The first time you start it the fuel has to work its way all the way through the line before it gets to the engine. Keep cranking or just take off the pressure line and blow into it to prime the motor. Be sure to put it back on before you start it though
just in case you did not know the pressure line is the line that goes to the exhaust pipe
race raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

or just blow in the stinger. Maybe wipe it off first
Old 04-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Not to scare you away from a nitro car, but the one you got is a POS. You bought a $120 car, you got a $120 car.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:35 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

I believe the .16 has a pull start, right? If so just plug off the exhaust tip with a finger and use the rest of that hand to hold down the car, crank over the motor maybe 8 - 10 times, this will prime your motor, attach your glow plug driver and try to get her started. You may have to crank up the throttle trim on your radio since your haven't gotten it broken in yet, just be sure to turn it down once it starts! And please remember to follow the break in procedure, it will save you alot of headaches later on! Good luck and have fun!
Leaffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Dad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
Not to scare you away from a nitro car, but the one you got is a POS. You bought a $120 car, you got a $120 car.
Whats a POS lol im a noob remember..i payed 250$ for it
Old 04-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
Tech Rookie

Questions?? New RC

I am going to buy a new rc cause ive been informed that my hyperspeed buggy is crap. Im new so I need a little push in the right decision.Oh and please dont mention duratraxx, ive been informed that that is trash too. i just need a good (and affordable brand 300-550$ would be cool) thnx.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxnitroNoobxX View Post
I am going to buy a new rc cause ive been informed that my hyperspeed buggy is crap. Im new so I need a little push in the right decision.Oh and please dont mention duratraxx, ive been informed that that is trash too. i just need a good (and affordable brand 300-550$ would be cool) thnx.

Since you have it..Run it, learn with it, learn how to tune, how to set up the car to race, etc. Get used to Nitro RC first, if you have the tolerances for the hoards of cash it cost to stick with the hobby, as well as all the work, and time it takes..Then and only then spend your money on a more worthy vehicle. Nitro RC is 50% time, 25% money, and 25% fun...make sure you are OK with those percentages before you plunge head first
Old 04-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #10
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

more like 100% money (or credit) , 110% time (your work will not like you) , 115% wrenchin and bench racin'

thats alot of percent huh?
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #11
Tech Lord

I was trying not to scare him away Monty, and neither should you as he could be a future customer of Team Houston
Old 04-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Jaz240;5731295]I was trying not to scare him away Monty, and neither should you as he could be a future customer of Team Houston[/QUOTE/]

WOW any one now where i can find another hobby (JK) but seriously anyone know of a noobie manual to Rc racing/tuning/budgeting
Old 04-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
Tech Lord

All kidding aside, its a great hobby, and this web site will teach you everything you need to know..there will be times when you will get so frustrated you will want to throw everything in a dumpster..but once you pick it up and learn its a wonderful way to spend your spare time and every cent you have

Find your closest Off-road RC track and start going even if you just watch..make friends with people who have experience..I have never met anyone who shares my love for this hobby, who is not willing to help you learn..But you need to be forward and not too stubborn to ask for help
Old 04-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #14
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
All kidding aside, its a great hobby, and this web site will teach you everything you need to know..there will be times when you will get so frustrated you will want to throw everything in a dumpster..but once you pick it up and learn its a wonderful way to spend your spare time and every cent you have

Find your closest Off-road RC track and start going even if you just watch..make friends with people who have experience..I have never met anyone who shares my love for this hobby, who is not willing to help you learn..But you need to be forward and not too stubborn to ask for help
thnx ill be taking it slow for a while (considering im going to college and need every Cent) im going to improve my buggy and hopefully get it the way i want it. oh and by the way can i put street tires on a buggy and is ther a body conversion kit i can purchase to change my body. any help is appreciated.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxnitroNoobxX View Post
thnx ill be taking it slow for a while (considering im going to college and need every Cent) im going to improve my buggy and hopefully get it the way i want it. oh and by the way can i put street tires on a buggy and is ther a body conversion kit i can purchase to change my body. any help is appreciated.

yes they sell street tires..Not sure what lids will fit the one you got, but I'm sure there are choices