R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   I need help lol (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/292346-i-need-help-lol.html)

XxnitroNoobxX 04-24-2009 12:56 PM

I need help lol

...i recieved a hyperspeed exceed rc RTR(buggy)wth a .16 engine.
im new at this and dont know what im doing...ive had it since august 2008 and stilll havent started it i tried and failed over and over even by following the manual i still cant get it to start. i am using 33% traxxas fuel, it cranked once but only for about 2 secs..........i wanna get into it for a hobby but dont know where to start.

RC Dad 04-24-2009 01:02 PM

The first time you start it the fuel has to work its way all the way through the line before it gets to the engine. Keep cranking or just take off the pressure line and blow into it to prime the motor. Be sure to put it back on before you start it though

race raider 04-24-2009 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by RC Dad (Post 5727805)
The first time you start it the fuel has to work its way all the way through the line before it gets to the engine. Keep cranking or just take off the pressure line and blow into it to prime the motor. Be sure to put it back on before you start it though

just in case you did not know the pressure line is the line that goes to the exhaust pipe

scwrod 04-24-2009 01:36 PM

or just blow in the stinger. Maybe wipe it off first :)

Chris__RC 04-24-2009 02:34 PM

Not to scare you away from a nitro car, but the one you got is a POS. You bought a $120 car, you got a $120 car.

Leaffan 04-25-2009 04:35 AM

I believe the .16 has a pull start, right? If so just plug off the exhaust tip with a finger and use the rest of that hand to hold down the car, crank over the motor maybe 8 - 10 times, this will prime your motor, attach your glow plug driver and try to get her started. You may have to crank up the throttle trim on your radio since your haven't gotten it broken in yet, just be sure to turn it down once it starts! And please remember to follow the break in procedure, it will save you alot of headaches later on! Good luck and have fun!

XxnitroNoobxX 04-25-2009 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by RC Dad (Post 5727805)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC (Post 5728069)
Not to scare you away from a nitro car, but the one you got is a POS. You bought a $120 car, you got a $120 car.

Whats a POS lol im a noob remember..i payed 250$ for it:weird:

XxnitroNoobxX 04-25-2009 10:25 AM

New RC

I am going to buy a new rc cause ive been informed that my hyperspeed buggy is crap:flaming:. Im new so I need a little push in the right decision.Oh and please dont mention duratraxx, ive been informed that that is trash too. i just need a good (and affordable brand 300-550$ would be cool) thnx.:nod:

Jaz240 04-25-2009 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by XxnitroNoobxX (Post 5730733)
I am going to buy a new rc cause ive been informed that my hyperspeed buggy is crap:flaming:. Im new so I need a little push in the right decision.Oh and please dont mention duratraxx, ive been informed that that is trash too. i just need a good (and affordable brand 300-550$ would be cool) thnx.:nod:

Since you have it..Run it, learn with it, learn how to tune, how to set up the car to race, etc. Get used to Nitro RC first, if you have the tolerances for the hoards of cash it cost to stick with the hobby, as well as all the work, and time it takes..Then and only then spend your money on a more worthy vehicle. Nitro RC is 50% time, 25% money, and 25% fun...make sure you are OK with those percentages before you plunge head first

houston 04-25-2009 03:11 PM

more like 100% money (or credit) , 110% time (your work will not like you) , 115% wrenchin and bench racin' :lol::nod:

thats alot of percent huh? :weird:

Jaz240 04-25-2009 03:28 PM

I was trying not to scare him away Monty, and neither should you as he could be a future customer of Team Houston;)

XxnitroNoobxX 04-25-2009 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=Jaz240;5731295]I was trying not to scare him away Monty, and neither should you as he could be a future customer of Team Houston;)[/QUOTE/]

WOW any one now where i can find another hobby (JK) but seriously anyone know of a noobie manual to Rc racing/tuning/budgeting:lol:

Jaz240 04-25-2009 04:14 PM

All kidding aside, its a great hobby, and this web site will teach you everything you need to know..there will be times when you will get so frustrated you will want to throw everything in a dumpster..but once you pick it up and learn its a wonderful way to spend your spare time and every cent you have:D

Find your closest Off-road RC track and start going even if you just watch..make friends with people who have experience..I have never met anyone who shares my love for this hobby, who is not willing to help you learn..But you need to be forward and not too stubborn to ask for help

XxnitroNoobxX 04-25-2009 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 5731395)
All kidding aside, its a great hobby, and this web site will teach you everything you need to know..there will be times when you will get so frustrated you will want to throw everything in a dumpster..but once you pick it up and learn its a wonderful way to spend your spare time and every cent you have:D

Find your closest Off-road RC track and start going even if you just watch..make friends with people who have experience..I have never met anyone who shares my love for this hobby, who is not willing to help you learn..But you need to be forward and not too stubborn to ask for help

thnx ill be taking it slow for a while (considering im going to college and need every Cent) im going to improve my buggy and hopefully get it the way i want it. oh and by the way can i put street tires on a buggy and is ther a body conversion kit i can purchase to change my body. any help is appreciated.:D

Jaz240 04-25-2009 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by XxnitroNoobxX (Post 5731715)
thnx ill be taking it slow for a while (considering im going to college and need every Cent) im going to improve my buggy and hopefully get it the way i want it. oh and by the way can i put street tires on a buggy and is ther a body conversion kit i can purchase to change my body. any help is appreciated.:D

yes they sell street tires..Not sure what lids will fit the one you got, but I'm sure there are choices