R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #121
Tech Master

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #122
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree Dawn the pro drivers or teams should have been there ready to go or had someone that could have been there waiting for signup as I did when I signed up. Simple and easy and looking forward to this years events.

-I've just made a logical conclusion on that statement earlier after reading or hearing things that's all. I'm not trying to stir anything up as I'm just putting down on virtual paper my ideas that could help in the future. I thought it could make a good conversation as it is now.

It isn't really anyone's fault why it filled up fast, it's just a popular event that has a lot of prestige and a lot of racers like myself want to experience it. I still think being in the midwest helped it a ton due to a lot of drivers come from the midwest and which in turn helps ROAR make the funds to continue to put on these events for many years to come.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I dont understand what the problem is...
ROAR did what they were suppose to do and they had the entry on the roar website a loooong time ago...if you didnt check the website, then sorry about your luck! but if you plan to go to a ROAR race then guess what you might want to check the ROAR website!!!! of course thats just my opinion anyway, and all the talk about some factory guys not getting in...... if all the races were all factory guys then we wouldnt have any new people in the hobby which I thought was the plan anyway... new guys open up the magazine then see pro drivers and of course would like the oppurtunity to race with them, if the big races were all factory guys they wouldnt have that chance....I am not a back yard basher and I am not a factory off road guy either, I am the majority of the off road population thats just fast enough to be dangerous but even I like moving aside for Tebo to try and follow his driving line, so should I step aside so some factory guy can get in?? Hell No, sorry about your luck!!!!!!
Mo
fast for an old guy
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #124
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

lol...Well said Mo...
Old 05-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #125
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

I see that EFRA has an "A" Euros and "B" Euros, so it looks like they already have a system in place to handle "filtering" for their top end championship. Does anybody know more about how this works? Do the top x number of drivers from the B Euros then qualify to race in the A Euros on top of an already-existing list of drivers who are already invited?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor

The Euros have this right, however they do have quite the advantage travel wise. End to end the majority of Europe is around 1000 miles end to end. Add to that Europe has a far superior rail system than in the US. This means logistically they can split up their nationals and it isn't a big deal to staff the races and have drivers travel. In the US, especially in tough economic times, it makes more sense for us to have one big shin dig and call it done.
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:53 AM   #127
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmayor View Post
The Euros have this right, however they do have quite the advantage travel wise. End to end the majority of Europe is around 1000 miles end to end. Add to that Europe has a far superior rail system than in the US. This means logistically they can split up their nationals and it isn't a big deal to staff the races and have drivers travel. In the US, especially in tough economic times, it makes more sense for us to have one big shin dig and call it done.
Damn Euros!! Better golf....better rail system...AND better beer.

Thank You!!
Mr.Mellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #128
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmayor View Post
It means they pay to play... If a company sponsors the event in part they get a certain number of spots for their race team.

Hmm... ok, but sponsorship dollars to go the host for expenses as they should. Those dollars do not go to ROAR. All entries are processed through ROAR which will ensure every member has the exact same opportunity to enter the event with NO favoritism.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #129
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jesse Robbers

Does anyoen know the schedule for the nats warm-up race this weekend? Friday practice, Sat quals, Sun mains type of thing. Also the track open and race start times? Can I sign up when I get there? Is the track open for practice on Monday June 1st? Is yes, what time does it open & close? Thanks!
Sponsored by: O.S. Speed, KO Propo, Sidewinder, Tekin, Thunder Power, Lunsford, Skipgear.com, Fioroni, Avid R/C, GMK Supply, Competition Heat, Dialed Inc., LiveRC.com, DE Racing, CIG2O, ANDROID Nitro Runtime Calculator App
Jesse Robbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #130
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Robbers View Post
Does anyoen know the schedule for the nats warm-up race this weekend? Friday practice, Sat quals, Sun mains type of thing. Also the track open and race start times? Can I sign up when I get there? Is the track open for practice on Monday June 1st? Is yes, what time does it open & close? Thanks!
J.R....

It's all on the website. Warm up info and times of operation. www.Leisurehoursraceway.com. Look on the leftthand side. Hope to see you next weekend.

Thank You!!
Mr.Mellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:32 AM   #131
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #132
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm slow and i know it, there are others that have no business taking up space at a national event but they'll use the idea that "hey i only lost by 50 laps".
Some of it is getting your entry in in time, some of it is not getting your entry in at all if you realistically have no shot IMO
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #133
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian kadow View Post
Thanks
BRIAN KAPOW! lol you comin up?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #134
Tech Fanatic

No, not going to make it.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 AM   #135
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brian didn't want to take up a spot so the fast guys can get in.
Bubba Cola is offline   Reply With Quote