R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-10-2009, 02:44 AM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I like to see tee times with 20-24 cars on the track. I remember tee times being used at Columbus OH winter champs back in the day and it worked out nicely. could get more practice sessions in. the track and drivers stand @ LH is big enough to pull it off.
johnny t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #77
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRC View Post
By the way.......Do you ever sleep????!!!!! Hahahahaha!!!
Nope... not when a ROAR event is coming up.... LOL

20-24 on the stand for practice.... not sure thats a good idea for the safety of marshalls.. thats a lot of cars out there.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #78
Tech Rookie

wednesday in the summer is offroad open racing starting at 5:30 racing at 7:00

hopefully it won't change cuz wednesday night racing is a BLAST
mr.natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #79
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
20-24 on the stand for practice.... not sure thats a good idea for the safety of marshalls.. thats a lot of cars out there.

We can have that amount on track (the smaller indoor no less!) during morning practice before racing with around three marshals workng and everyone lives. there is alot more room out at leisures outdoor track than everyone may think.

just letting you know whats possible from my vantage point since I just raced leisures outside yesterday. I would also think the people marshaling (the previous practice heat) would kinda know what they are doing?

I remember when I did motocross and on a race morning practice there would be a 100 bikes out there on a track with room for 35. alot more dangerous? or not?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
just letting you know whats possible from my vantage point since I just raced leisures outside yesterday.
Just letting you know from mine....

rules and safety concerns in relation to the host's liability policies and those of the participants......

good talk..
Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #81
Tech Initiate

A 2 part YouTube video of the Praireland Offroad Shootout A-Main 1:8 Buggy from Sat May 9, 2009 was posted. For anyone you never seen the track/facility, this will give you a peek at the outdoor track. This was was the first race of the season on the track.

The outdoor video's is the 1st 2 video's listed.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc..._date_uploaded
LeisureHours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Dennis - call me? I have a potential sponsor lined up for you..
Old 05-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So for the people that are on the waiting list,if they do not get in will roar refund that person's money?

Thanks
Old 05-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtDawg View Post
So for the people that are on the waiting list,if they do not get in will roar refund that person's money?

Thanks

Yes...... those on the waiting list. Those who are on confirmed list only have until the deadline date (30 days prior) to cancel to get a refund in full though as long as there is a waiting list. Otherwise, there is an administrative fee charged.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #85
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick reply...
Old 05-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #86
Tech Apprentice

Default Roar Entrie

Hello Dawn. Chris Doseck here that former ifmar world champion and multi roar national champion! Wanted to express my thoughts on the current entry system. I know you can only host so many entries. But it really isnt a fair system. When you have true champions that want to compete at a Roar National event and didnt even have a prayer of entering it seems to me their has to be a better way. Looks like the pro series will see my business this year. Ive been putting in a lot of effort recently gearing up for this offroad Nationals. I am not the only one in this area that wanted to compete in the event on my level! My point I guess I know every one wants to race but a National Champion is a true Champion when the best are competing for the win. Thanks for listening to my opion
Sincerly CD
CD RACING USA IFMAR WORLD CHAMPIONS
CDSUPERPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #87
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSUPERPRO View Post
Hello Dawn. Chris Doseck here that former ifmar world champion and multi roar national champion! Wanted to express my thoughts on the current entry system. I know you can only host so many entries. But it really isnt a fair system. When you have true champions that want to compete at a Roar National event and didnt even have a prayer of entering it seems to me their has to be a better way. Looks like the pro series will see my business this year. Ive been putting in a lot of effort recently gearing up for this offroad Nationals. I am not the only one in this area that wanted to compete in the event on my level! My point I guess I know every one wants to race but a National Champion is a true Champion when the best are competing for the win. Thanks for listening to my opion
Sincerly CD
CD RACING USA IFMAR WORLD CHAMPIONS
Not that I have the experience to stack up to what you just posted, but I am curious, you mention it being unfair, what is your solution to the sign up process to make it fair? Reserve spots for previous champions? I have been hearing the same thing too and is why I am asking what the solution is.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #88
Tech Master

I guess Doseck means there should be some qualifying structure to getting into nationals. I agree in that a past roar champion should be automatically seeded in. It is just playing honor to our sports accomplishments. It works that way for the IFMAR worlds and even professional motocross.

The event is getting unexpectedly popular, like electric offroad in the early '90s. And back then a qualifying format using regional champs was tried, but as I recall did not work out to well. do you take the top 20 form each region? Or does southern california get allocated more spots than say alaska? and who and how is that decided?

Something needs to be considered as nitro offroad gets bigger. At least something like the RC pro system where you need to accumulate some amount of points to be eligible for the nationals, and not just any bloke with fat internet pipes gets to race. Maybe we have some regional races where if you attend and at least complete one lap of your main event you earn points and you must at least earn one or some points to have an opportunity to sign up for nationals. you have very loose requirements to qualify at first, but tighten them up in future years. this would weed out the casual racer and would also encourage more local tracks to take on roar membership in the effort to attract a bigger event and pose as a nats qualifier. there are already a bunch of state and regional series that can assume this role. And this kind of race series activity is alot more heathier than when I was racing electric 20 years ago.

in the past I have seen alot of spots taken up by folks that hardly ever club race and just sign up because it is Nats, they have no chance and frankly just get in the way, a snobbish view, but it is nationals where the elites of RC are supposed to come together and have the opportunity to participate in a more serious avenue of competition.

And least those that have put in an actual effort of steady racing, should get preference to that opportunity.

just my 49 cents (inflation ya know)
Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #89
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Great post Johnny T! Isn't there ROAR sanctioned tracks around the country? Maybe a system like you propose is what is needed. Seems like a major undertaking, but that is just part of doing business. I mean like you said RC Pro is doing it, ROAR should be able to.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:36 AM   #90
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's my opinion...I'm not sure I feel that entirely comfortable on having qualifying series as I'm one of those club racers and if qualifying for that event was done that way I wouldn't think it is fair as this may be my only chance to run with the pros. I guess for me for a little while I can feel like one of the pros and I know racer etiquette and the pros can pass the slower guys easily and if you're faster than me I get out of the way when I can get a corner or spot that allows. My suggestion is to create two classes for the Roar Nats, expert/pro and intermediate. This way the truck nats and buggy nats can be split up again and still get probably the same amount of people. That way an intermediate driver like me will have my own national champ class and then the expert/pro class can be for best of the best to duke it out for the Roar nats. I also thought about sandbagging or racers going into the expert that shouldn't be. That could be simply solved by during sign up have it set up for track experience and years of racing and have a min set at 1 year for the first year to be able to go into expert. Also since there is practice you can have it setup like qualifying and that way if the ROAR officials see a driver that probably should move up to expert they can and vice versa for intermediate.
Also I thought about qualifying for worlds and usually it is the top 40 that go you can have the top 30 in expert qualify and the top 10 in intermediate qualify as usually the top 10 in intermediate are usually the ones that could move up to expert easily.

This is just an idea as I know this year it is too late for changes, but for future events I feel could be a good idea for the nats for both the little guy and the big guys in this sport. Plus it gives drivers that are novice to intermediate a chance to shine in the spotlight as well as all the pro drivers and will definitely help the sport grow.