Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR OFF ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - LEISURE HOURS, JOLIET ILLINOIS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1fastguy1
WOW cant wait for the race....its wierd to know just about everyname on the entry list..lol
and a big "kick-ass" to Dawn the roar prez to get on here so efficiently and answer all these questions.

and I have a question about the format.
forgive me for being ignorant (onroad guy) anyway, the qualifyers and mains...
I understand its semi's...so how many automatically go to the final? and how many are in each semi?? and how many bump from each semi?? and how many total cars in the final??
sorry but its a little coonfusing to me, do people from the B bump into the semi's???
thanks
MO

Mo.... thanks.

Ok, automatically going into the A main or "finals" is called 'sit-outs' and in ROAR typically there are 8 with 2 from each side of the tree bumping in from the B or "semis". This event though, since we will more than likely have 15 on the drivers stand due to the high entry count and only so many hours in a day and as Trevor pointed out, loop is live racing, we will more than likely have 9 sit outs and 3 bumping up from each main... maybe 7 sit outs and 4 from each side......

kinda depends on situations when we arrive at the event though.

I think the more that can bump from a lower main the better the racing and the better the event.... of course, I'm sure somebody wise and knowing will come here and point out the craziness in my thinking.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Yea...you're crazy, but we all knew that!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

ok much better so there will be 2 semi's?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1fastguy1
ok much better so there will be 2 semi's?

Yes... Ladder mains...

Two of every main - odd and even sides with bump ups to the finals.

From the Nationals Guidelines: (I used to have this awesome illustration in this document, no idea where it went...)

25.6. ROAR Ladder Main System:
25.6.1. For events that utilize bump ups and consist of classes of which any one class comprises more than 75% of the total entrants the Ladder Main System is required for that class. This system allows more entrants to qualify higher, reduces the number of mains to bump through, and
provides more preparation time for the entrant bumping up. The ROAR system, while similar to the IFMAR system, rewards higher qualified drivers with a larger number of sit-out positions.
25.6.2. All entrants are divided into two categories based on their qualifying positions, either even or odd numbered. The ‘sit-outs’ are the maximum number of highest qualified entrants allowed in
a main less the number of bump ups coming from the previous main (two.) The ‘sit-outs’ plus the four semifinal bump ups comprise the Final.
25.6.3. The remaining entrants are divided into two ‘ladders’, Even-numbered and Odd numbered, based on their respective qualifying positions
25.6.4. Even numbered main event winners advance to the next even-numbered main and odd numbered follow suit
25.6.5. Even numbered mains alternate with the odd numbered thus allowing more time for the winners to prepare for their next main
25.6.6. The last mains may be combined depending on the number of entrants
Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I vote for no sit outs. everyone has to bump into the main, 8 cars from each semi. It seemed to work out for the worlds pretty well. It makes for the best racing IMHO and gives the semis that much more prominence.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Gentlemen:

So, I've been getting emails and rumors that some guys are considering
dropping one or both of their classes and planning on giving a friend
that entry.

Well, per the rules.. that can't happen. You see, if you are on the
confirmed list and you cancel your entry prior to the deadline date,
you get a refund and the next person on the waiting list gets the
opening. If you wait until after the deadline, same thing unless there
is no longer a waiting list and then you get a $15.00 admnistrative fee
charged. BUT... if you cancel at the event and try to get a buddy in,
well, I'm sorry, the next person on the waiting list in attendance gets
that spot and if nobody is there, well, you just gave up $80.00 bucks.

Please... understand.. there are no favors here... that is not fair.
There are 22 or 23 people who want to race this and paid just like you
did to simply wait and get an email from ROAR saying welcome to the
event.

If you aren't sure you are going or racing all your classes, tell us
now... give that next guy on the list a break.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnny t
I vote for no sit outs. everyone has to bump into the main, 8 cars from each semi. It seemed to work out for the worlds pretty well. It makes for the best racing IMHO and gives the semis that much more prominence.
Kinda late now... that had to be something requested and deviated from the rules earlier.

This event will have sit outs - most likely 7 into the A and 4 from each semi to bump in. NOT SURE just yet... working on the schedule now.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

probably so, I don't know if there are some bylaws in roar's rule book that allow a rules change conference or something. anyway just wanted to put that out there and see where the discussion goes. I hope it is not to late to consider that type of format for next year.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cramer
Yea...you're crazy, but we all knew that!

She said Wise and knowing. Not old, Hahaha....
Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Orange
She said Wise and knowing. Not old, Hahaha....

Really? Don't tell her that!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have heard that pit guy's also need to have a Roar membership? Not a problem in my case but just wondering.

Rex
Old 05-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 22Racer
I have heard that pit guy's also need to have a Roar membership? Not a problem in my case but just wondering.

Rex

Yep, thats in the rules pretty clearly stated as well.. Liability issues are just as high in the hot pits... anybody recall Silver State a few years back... LOL
Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 PM
XRC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Dawn,

Have you received any indication on the format for Wednesday's practice from the host track? Also, are we practicing according to qualifyiers....on-road style on Thursday? Please explain.
Thanks in advance.............Is it time to go yet?!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XRC
Dawn,

Have you received any indication on the format for Wednesday's practice from the host track? Also, are we practicing according to qualifyiers....on-road style on Thursday? Please explain.
Thanks in advance.............Is it time to go yet?!!!
I do not know the practice schedule for Wednesday from the host track although I have not asked either. I will do that.

On Road style? Thursday will be as set up quals - 5 to 6 minute sessions each more than likely. Hoping for three rounds on Thursday which can only happen with shortened sessions.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:12 PM
XRC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
I do not know the practice schedule for Wednesday from the host track although I have not asked either. I will do that.

On Road style? Thursday will be as set up quals - 5 to 6 minute sessions each more than likely. Hoping for three rounds on Thursday which can only happen with shortened sessions.
On-road style....Practice with your qualifying heat.... That cool. Any info would he helpful. By the way.......Do you ever sleep????!!!!! Hahahahaha!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.