Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh man, thanks alot bern.

The outdoor track looks awsome.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hope all is well with you and family Brian. It would have nice to see you again. You do still race?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCmayor
It means they pay to play... If a company sponsors the event in part they get a certain number of spots for their race team.
This isn't how it works. ROAR collects all entry fees and uses those fees to pay for the RMT program. Entry fees are the only funds ROAR receives to pay for RMT costs. This consists of RMT salaries, lodging, travel, awards and host track rental fees. Sponsorship money is 100% that of the host facility. ROAR has nothing to do with event sponsorships and therefore we can not and do not give sponsors entry spots.

Also to think that a host should provide so many free spots for their sponsor dollars is wrong. If company A is spending $2500 as a sponsor of the event and they get say 5 free entries why call it a $2500 sponsorship. Call it what it is a $2100 sponsorship with 5 paid entries of $80 dollars each.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

We are doing great down here.

I race about once a month now, they dont do much club racing in my area.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
This isn't how it works. ROAR collects all entry fees and uses those fees to pay for the RMT program. Entry fees are the only funds ROAR receives to pay for RMT costs. This consists of RMT salaries, lodging, travel, awards and host track rental fees. Sponsorship money is 100% that of the host facility. ROAR has nothing to do with event sponsorships and therefore we can not and do not give sponsors entry spots.

Also to think that a host should provide so many free spots for their sponsor dollars is wrong. If company A is spending $2500 as a sponsor of the event and they get say 5 free entries why call it a $2500 sponsorship. Call it what it is a $2100 sponsorship with 5 paid entries of $80 dollars each.
I didn't say free entries to the race. More like guaranteed spots for their team members.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't say free entries to the race. More like guaranteed spots for their team members.

ROAR does not guarantee spots for anybody with the current rules. When we are able to establish a qualification system it will be more than likely something the finishers of the year prior will have an additional week or so to enter prior to opening to the rest of the membership. We would like to have a program where regional events give participants first openings although the record keeping is not going to be easy and not all regions offer events for all classes. Not to mention, this is the first time a national event has sold out in many years.

The mission of ROAR is to promote and provide sanctioned racing to its members - not its elite members.

I understand what you are asking but this ROAR administration will consider all the membership as equal and treat the same.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

I like that attitude, every member is treated the same. Good job Roar !!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Just a reminder, if you are not sure you are going to be able to attend the nationals and you are paid for and listed on the confirmed entry list, please, let us know and you will receive a full refund.

There are 11-12 guys waiting to receive confirmation they can compete at this event and cancellations are the only way they will be able to attend.

We have had several cancellations the last few days due to job and family matters and we THANK those guys who contacted us as early as they did so those on the waiting list could make arrangments to travel with discounts still applying.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Where do people get this crap? lmao! poor Dawn...
Old 06-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Charles Charron
Where do people get this crap? lmao! poor Dawn...
LOL Charles..... I guess past Administrations did things differently and I wasn't aware of that. I have my own way of thinking and I tend to believe honesty is the best policy, I guess.

Hey.. sending somebody to you for some ad's in the mag...
Old 06-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

In this current structure why should Pros receive any favoritism from ROAR? Shouldn't all members of ROAR be treated equally? If your a pro racer isn't it your responsibility to make sure you get to your next race (work/job) to get paid? Isn't it the pro racers responsibility to know when he needs to have his entry in to make it into a race. Fair is fair, and the way reg was handled, it was fair for all. Joe racer and pro racer.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That makes sense if and only if the past years Roar Fuel Offroad Nats sold out in a matter of days. Then everyone would know to not dick around thinking Roar would accommodate...

Instead, something happened this year. The Buggy and Trucks were combined after several years of being separated. This may have been a mistake by Roar, but in the economic times we have it made sense at the time of planning. Like my original post, this isn't the time to make a "power play". It isn't favoritism to let the few on the waiting list on the confirmed list. If this race stays combined next year, and people wait, and they get left out, then that's the time to say "too bad", you shouldn't have waited so long.

Anyway, part of why I am doing this is so I can have fun at the race with a clear conscious that I have done everything I can to voice my opinion. It would be different if there were 40 on each class waiting list, that would be favoritism to let the first 10 in and not the rest.

Thanks for listening.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

RCMayor .... I'm glad you were able to make it in and I'm sure you'll have a fun time at the race. You bring up some good points that ROAR is trying to address for the future. I really think the combining of the event makes way better economic sense. I know the buggy and truggy races haven't been sale outs in the past but they've been well attended. To think that this wasn't going to fill up quickly in the heartland of fuel off road, with this years host being Leisure Hours was a bad gamble on some peoples part.

Maybe what happened this year will return the prestige to this event!! I'm sure it's gona be one hell of a show!!! Good Luck!!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Hello again...

if anybody needs to cancel their entry, please, send me an email at [email protected] and I will forward it to our administrator. I will need your full information and WHICH event you are cancelling your entry. (we have three events currently underway)

Please, dont' send a PM as I can't forward that as easily.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Good job Roar !! Joe Racer..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.