Wiki Posts
Search

need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default need advice

ok guys, if you have read the grp thread you know the trouble ive been havin with my grp.

long story short, very short, i have a .21 tuned grp

im getting 5 in a half min a tank. my temps range from 180-230, i cant find an air leak on the engine. i replaced the fuel line. tune will not stay consistent so that brings me to this

tonight i was runnin good in my main, i kept leanin and leanin and finally it was runnin well. then when i pitted the engine was so rich thru the tank i had to roll the jumps.... any ideas?

i checked the engine for air leaks with the soap and water, found nothing. I changed the pressure line, nothin happened, i changed plugs, nothin happened. If you have the car vertical it will lean out and rev high so im picking it up by the wing and the front end is pointed down. only thing i can think of is the tank?

any ideas?? the track i will be runnin on Saturday runs 6 min qualifers and i cant make that so i need this fixed by Saturday. btw i dont think its the front bearing because i have no excess fuel under the block and my clutch shoes are dry
Old 04-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
ok guys, if you have read the grp thread you know the trouble ive been havin with my grp.

long story short, very short, i have a .21 tuned grp

im getting 5 in a half min a tank. my temps range from 180-230, i cant find an air leak on the engine. i replaced the fuel line. tune will not stay consistent so that brings me to this

tonight i was runnin good in my main, i kept leanin and leanin and finally it was runnin well. then when i pitted the engine was so rich thru the tank i had to roll the jumps.... any ideas?

i checked the engine for air leaks with the soap and water, found nothing. I changed the pressure line, nothin happened, i changed plugs, nothin happened. If you have the car vertical it will lean out and rev high so im picking it up by the wing and the front end is pointed down. only thing i can think of is the tank?

any ideas?? the track i will be runnin on Saturday runs 6 min qualifers and i cant make that so i need this fixed by Saturday. btw i dont think its the front bearing because i have no excess fuel under the block and my clutch shoes are dry
Which glow plugs are you using? Are your exhaust seals good? Have you pressure checked the tank? Is it a Losi first gen tank?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Change the tank and make sure you pressure line is at least 8in long
When in doubt seal it up.
Back plate
carb throat
pinch bolt
You never know.