Wiki Posts
Search

i need titanium!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default i need titanium!

does anyone know where I can find metric screws and hinge pins and cvd pins? im just wanting to make everything on my car light, so if u know where to go for thi can u share it with me or give me exact links for what im looking for?

thanks a lot!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Jef...http://www.lunsfordracing.com
Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Titanium is Not always the best solution in some circumstances.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

in what I do every little tiny thing counts so for this its probly bigger integra. the way I look a it is if my brothers bike has a bunch of titanium parts on it that's worth more then peoples car then its doing something to help and for me its fun to test different stuff and c if its better. so where can I look to find this?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff alessi 801
in what I do every little tiny thing counts so for this its probly bigger integra. the way I look a it is if my brothers bike has a bunch of titanium parts on it that's worth more then peoples car then its doing something to help and for me its fun to test different stuff and c if its better. so where can I look to find this?

Is this THE PRO MXer Jeff Alessi or someone posing!?
If so cool and WTF are you doing playing with toy cars!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Most of the ti screws they make strip out the hex head too easily. Havent tried lunsford screws yet, though they might use the right alloy judging by their prices. Lutz should be able to tell you what not to buy.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ldp787
Is this THE PRO MXer Jeff Alessi or someone posing!?
If so cool and WTF are you doing playing with toy cars!
sometimes I feel like saying this is a poser but id be lying so ya im jeff anyways I drive because my old mechanic drove and when I was young I thought eddie was the coolest so I drove and now its pretty much the greatest thing to do in my back yard but sometimes I feel like making it better so I want to and like I said ill do every little thing counts
Old 04-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The lunsford stuff is top notch..... but alittle spendy for this kid
Old 04-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The cheapest way to get a big boost in performance is to take your diffs to a machine shop. You can put a hole through them perpendicular to the slot for the axle pins that will let you lose a good chunk of axle weight. The 3 runs through a drill press should be dirt cheap & give you a boost in acceleration.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

like PM said..

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc
Old 04-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff alessi 801
does anyone know where I can find metric screws and hinge pins and cvd pins? im just wanting to make everything on my car light, so if u know where to go for thi can u share it with me or give me exact links for what im looking for?

thanks a lot!
I'm using some of these...

Here and Here!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Jeff,

Mugen Seiki made titanium screw kits for their buggies that were a really good deal! I do not know where to purchase them now but I'm sure somebody on here can chime in and let you know. You can also try fastner express for ultra lightweight aluminum screws. They have every size possible and some cool colors as well plus they are reasonably priced. Hope this helps!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Jeff,
We are using Lunsford Titanium for the Screws and "toe adjustment" turnbuckles.
We are using the Tamiya titanium turnbuckles for the 'upper' arms.
Call Dave! ;-)
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Take it from an X motocross dude,

Those Ti screws you want on your rig is going to make it noticeably lighter in your hands and on the track. I dont know why some of these guys dont like the Ti. Some of them are right though, its easy to strip them out. Just make sure you have some good hex drivers with precision ground tips, and when you are working on the thing make sure the tool is inserted all the way into the head and is nice and secure.
Ti hingepins are a great way to shed weight but the only ones ive seen have crappy e-clips, you dont want that.
Ti drive pins free up rotating weight, if you can find them. I wouldnt use them anyway because the drive cups will be toast instead of the soft steel pin.
Aluminum nuts shed weight really well.
Ti turnbuckles are tough as nails and shed precious un-sprung weight
All of this lowers the cars overall center of gravity!!!!

I replaced all my steel screws with titanium, except for the steering nuckle- tie rod screw. I also installed carbon fiber top plates and radio tray. Look for other lighweight parts like upper shock standoffs and steering posts, as well as lightened axles (you have a TRF801xt right?) and spur gear, chassis plate,

I dont know how much weight was saved on my buggy but it was noticeable on the track. It was much more nimble and faster. My local track is unsanctioned so there is no tech, but its an MP777WC, practically led weight on wheels, so its probably still over weight.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Rookie

sup jeff big fan u and ur bro need to start doing steroids forget titanium talk to ya later
From Dale Earnhart Jr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.