R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfiend View Post
I've been using them for chassis braces and the shocks without an issue. Why don't you use them in those places?
how can u use them for braces and shocks? r u making them urself or does someone sell this stuff?
jeff alessi 801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #32
Tech Master

I think he means ti screws to hold the braces & to go through the shock standoffs.

If you happen to get some screws that are made of what ever ti alloy is appropriate for hex drive screws & dont strip & bend after repeated use please post back.I can tell you that unless mugen has changed their vendor I wont be buying those again.

Dont get your hopes up though rc ti screws aint the ti you can get when you walk into the honda shop in torrance.

there used to be a company that made a lot of ti rc parts in england & their stuff was the ticket but I searched my favorites & cant find the link.They made mostly onroad stuff so if you know any onroad guys talk to them or maybe someone here remembers the place.

This may be the place but the site looks radicaly different from what I remember,check it out.
http://www.titaniumracing.com/

Last edited by butch man; 04-24-2009 at 09:49 PM.
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch man View Post
I think he means ti screws to hold the braces & to go through the shock standoffs.
Yup, that's what I meant.

Quote:
If you happen to get some screws that are made of what ever ti alloy is appropriate for hex drive screws & dont strip & bend after repeated use please post back.I can tell you that unless mugen has changed their vendor I wont be buying those again.
I haven't had one bend, strip or break. So far, so good.

Quote:
Dont get your hopes up though rc ti screws aint the ti you can get when you walk into the honda shop in torrance.
There's a Honda shop in Torrance that gives you blocks of Titanium when you walk in? hehe, what do you mean?

There are different types of titanium, for sure. The titanium in question, the Mugen screws, seem to be very good. I also ordered some Lunsford screws, so I'll be able to compare the two.

Quote:
there used to be a company that made a lot of ti rc parts in england & their stuff was the ticket but I searched my favorites & cant find the link.They made mostly onroad stuff so if you know any onroad guys talk to them or maybe someone here remembers the place.
You know, I kinda shocked that all high grade RC cars don't come with all titanium screws from the factory. I half-way expected the MP9 to come fully decked out with titanium... it SHOULD!

Quote:
This may be the place but the site looks radicaly different from what I remember,check it out.
http://www.titaniumracing.com/
I'm gonna check it out right now!
boostfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:48 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
how does everyone find it so hard to belive that he is who he says he is, its not like hes saying "hi im brad pitt".
Allot of MX guys are into RC, and allot of rc guys used to be into MX.

Jeff you might find Rc has a few very childish people, but generally we dont care who you are as long as running one puts a smile from ear to ear.

eventually...you might see the joke.

some people have a sense of humor. we all now know who does not.
comedyman809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:12 AM   #35
Tech Master

Are you kidding me boostfiend? kyosho just went from philips head wood screws to hex head machine screws this year. At least now you dont have to buy a screw set before you build that $900 car now.
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Are you kidding me boostfiend? kyosho just went from philips head wood screws to hex head machine screws this year. At least now you dont have to buy a screw set before you build that $900 car now.
Hehehe, good point! Still though, for the cash, they should include titanium everything.

I don't want to know how much I've spent thus far on my Z01B. The car was amazing out of the box, then I added a couple hundred in titanium screws and turnbuckles. It all adds up, but then again, so does the weight savings!
boostfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff alessi 801 View Post
how can u use them for braces and shocks? r u making them urself or does someone sell this stuff?
what up jeff big sx and mx fan. the screw kits that have been mentioned are the ticket but if you do want some trick ti stuff made pm me and i can make it happen. i wouldnt say its the cheapest thing to do though lol. but im out of indianapolis and have access to just about anything and if i cant make it in my shop i know where i can get it handled.

well gott a go thanks j-dub

Last edited by J-DUB; 05-01-2009 at 10:52 AM.
J-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #38
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

You better be training if you plan on hanging on to the big bikes this summer.. JK
Way to top 10 in Seattle!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #39
am
Tech Master

Hi!

If you are running offroad i would take a look at the Fioroni website. They have some awsome stuff for alot of the popular offraod cars.

F. eksample, you can save 10 grams per wheelaxle on the Losi 8ight. It is unsprung weight, at the outer corner of the car and also saves rotating mass.

You can also save aprox 10 grams per driveshaft on the Mugen MBX 6 and Hotbodys D8.

Here is the link for the low Inertia Components:

http://www.modellismofioroni.it/ingl...la=35&gru=3510

Tamiya screws are top notch, but so are also the mugen stuff.

If you would like to save even moore weight, you can use aluminium screws in places that are not under stress. ( sorry but english is not my native language). We used alu screws on the Crono even to mount the gearbox to the chassis. Never ever a problem stripping screws.
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyman809 View Post
eventually...you might see the joke.

some people have a sense of humor. we all now know who does not.
Sorry , jumped to the conclusion you were just a finger pointer my apoligies.
HaulinBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

Recently went with Lunsford Ti screws throughout a Buggy build (except high stress areas: Upper/Lower shock, Iner/Outer turnbuckles & Front/Rear center brace mounting points). Cost was about $190 US. The Lunsford screws are top quality and a noticable difference in weight savings. Looking forward to testing when I redeploy to the states in about a month.
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
You better be training if you plan on hanging on to the big bikes this summer.. JK
Way to top 10 in Seattle!
haha we got a three week break ill b ready lol last night was bad night for me iv been so sik with th flu after the 6th lap i had no energy but i got 8th overall in points!!!!

jeff
jeff alessi 801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore

Lunsford > *