Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT RUNS!!!!! IT RUNS!!!!!! MAN MY BUGGY (mbx6) CORNERS LIKE IT'S ON RAILS!!! I never thought a car could handle this well WOW!!! After thousands of dollars and a month of putting it together, my sanity, almost blowing up my engine!!!! IT FINALLY RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

now a few questions he he!

#1 it vibrates on my starter box, will have to double check tomorrow now that everything is in place to see how bad it does it again. Could be bad tire balance or my muffler (need to put the rod in at the end of my muffler to hold it down), i also have a short glow plug in a long plug engine, my long one is bad for some reason and that was all i had.

#2 i have a good rich setting, lots of smoke, runs great. I have a 13t clutch Holy Shit it has pick up!!!! But how much should i lean it out??? I would like a teeny bit more top end. short of getting a 14 or 15t clutch what could i do???

one drawback, it's dirty as hell now just kidding!! but i will never run it on concrete again (2 scratches on my chassis) Only ran couple tanks.

I noticed when i put my kit together that the driveshaft in the rear had a slight wobble to it. I was told at the time i noticed it that it was no big deal. Would that be a problem???

Anyway just wanted to say i busted my cherry today!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

your going to get scrtches so dont worry, just hve fun. If you dont already have a temp gun get one and check the temps. You want to get the engine atleast running at 200 degrees to even 230 degrees is fine. If its below 200 lean the top 1/6 of a turn at a time, do soe high speed passes and see if the performance got better. Keep doing that until the performance gets where you want and then chack the tempps. If its in that range your good.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Default Praise the Lord!

Originally Posted by dreaux
IT RUNS!!!!! IT RUNS!!!!!! MAN MY BUGGY (mbx6) CORNERS LIKE IT'S ON RAILS!!! I never thought a car could handle this well WOW!!! After thousands of dollars and a month of putting it together, my sanity, almost blowing up my engine!!!! IT FINALLY RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

now a few questions he he!

#1 it vibrates on my starter box, will have to double check tomorrow now that everything is in place to see how bad it does it again. Could be bad tire balance or my muffler (need to put the rod in at the end of my muffler to hold it down), i also have a short glow plug in a long plug engine, my long one is bad for some reason and that was all i had.

#2 i have a good rich setting, lots of smoke, runs great. I have a 13t clutch Holy Shit it has pick up!!!! But how much should i lean it out??? I would like a teeny bit more top end. short of getting a 14 or 15t clutch what could i do???

one drawback, it's dirty as hell now just kidding!! but i will never run it on concrete again (2 scratches on my chassis) Only ran couple tanks.

I noticed when i put my kit together that the driveshaft in the rear had a slight wobble to it. I was told at the time i noticed it that it was no big deal. Would that be a problem???

Anyway just wanted to say i busted my cherry today!!!!!!
WOOT!

and now to answer the queries...
#1 - it's normal for your buggy to vibrate on the starter box, and yes, balancing your tires WILL lower the amount of vibration. You MUST secure the end of your pipe to the pipe wire (or your engine might run off tune cos of air leaks, worst case senario, engine could lean out and get busted). some long stroke or un-tuned/stock engines also vibrate a tad more then tuned versions... this is normal.
using a short plug in a long plug engine would just mean you have a larger space in the dome... might affect tune a little but since this is a standard plug engine... i'll say it won't affect it all that much, you CAN"T run a long plug in a short plug engine though (OS engines)...

#2 - balance out the torque you need (for in-field and jumps) versus all out speed. chances are, there is only 1 or 2 straights where the buggy can go all out. races are almost never won on the straights... changing the pinion(clutchbell) will help, but dunt go 2 teeth up, change 1 teeth at a time. then if acceleration is affected, play with clutch settings(spring rate and shoe weight) to get the punch you need. needle settings are better at slightly rich (not overly rich) for long life and more consistent performance in long mains. if you really need to lean out, it's never more then 3 hours from your 'nice-n-rich setting'... but this is a bad way to get your power. do the clutch and gearing thing first.

#3 - the wobble could be many things, make sure yoru rear diff case is cinched down equally(all 4 screws) and shimmed proper in the gear boxes. there should also be very slight play (maybe 0.3-0.5mm) between the rear driveshaft thingybob (E0225). cinching this down too tight may cause things to be mis-aligned. the mugen gears may also need a little wear-in (although in my experience with mugen parts, this has NEVER been the case. mugen parts are of very high quality and fit very well)

invest in a stiff plastic bristle brush and plastic bottle brush (small armature) to clean yoru buggy, if it's got moist dirt on it, dunt bother cleaning it right away, put it out in the sun and let the dirt bake dry, then brush it all off.

when it gets muddy (in case you do race outdoors) a hyperjet will save you so much time... you'll be happy to have gotten one. just oil the bearings after jetting it down.

enjoy!

Shalom and God Bless!

-alexander
Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

I have no doubt that i could still lean it out a little. But will wait till i get a temp gun. thanx!