Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Werks Race Blend

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Talking Werks Race Blend

I just tried some Werks Race Blend 30% at Revelation last night and all I have to say is that I will not be using anything else from now on.
I have spent more than half a year trying every possible fuel that I can get locally (O'Donnell, Nitrotane, Byrons, Trinity, even my on concoctions) and Werks was hands down my favorite.
It tunes super easy my motor ran cooler and had more punch out of the corners to say I'm impressed with this fuel is an under statement.
Airland Hobbies has a ton of this fuel and is selling for 34.99 a gallon if I'm not mistaken, but the price has come down since summer
"Lower Engine Temperature, More Horsepower, Longer Runtime" It is for real.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

works good but please use after run oil everytime you run.

I ran the fuel out but forgot to afterrun and the damn rear bearing rusted bigtime!! just FYI
Old 04-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

werks fuel is good stuff, I like to let the sun get at it so it darkens up a bit so its a little easier to see going in the tank.
The fuel is really low oil content, but the oils are top notch and will stain all your nice white shirts yellow lol

I never use ARO and never had problems with rust but I live in a low humidity area
Old 04-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Yep, Werks and Odonnell are my two favorite fuels, they both work great Werks leaves that nice light gold oil coating in your motor, I haven't had the rust issue yet. I'm currently running O'Donnell with good success also, its very similar to Werks IMO.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

werks simply the best no need for after run oil it leaves a nice coat of oil thru out the engine i just pulled out my OS-SPEED out of my car thats being sitting for 4 months checked it and its all good .
Old 04-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Alan, glad that you liked the fuel! We've done a lot of testing over the years and feel that we have the premier racing fuel on the market at this time. the key to the performance of our fuel is the high end oil package that we use!

Chris, this is a sound recommendation and something that we advise users of our engine to always do no matter what brand of fuel they are using. The problem with model fuels is the methanol in it. Methanol actually sucks moisture out of the air, when you combine this with the acidic by products of combustion you have a formula for oxidation (rust). Normally you can get away with storing and engine for a couple of days without a problem. However even thought most of us fuel companies (our self included) add anti-oxidants to our fuel (HaulinBass, ironically this is actually the component in our fuel that darkens when exposed to sunlight that you mentioned) it is never worth taking the risk of not using after run. Basically what I always tell people that use our engines when asked if they should use after run oil is "If you buy an expensive, high quality racing engine, why would you play Russian roulette with it in order to save a couple cents by not using after run oil?". Motors are a big investment, use good fuel, maintain your airfilter religiously, tune them properly and take care of them (inspect them periodically and use after run) and they will last you quite a while!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

CarCrazy, I forgot to mention but there is quite a bit of difference between our fuel and OD. Going from OD to Werks you should have to lean your needles about 1/4 turn and should pick up about 30-45 seconds of run time. You should also see an increase in responsiveness and a reduction in spool time (how quickly your engine accelerates). If you have a chance try running the fuels back to back one time and you will see what I'm talking about.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Hey Ron I've read about the red and clear colored after run oils and people say that they red ARO will eat silicon filled cranks. Is this true?
Thank you for making such a great fuel.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Figures Ron would be in right away, anytime anyone has an issue or question hes there.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I bought a case of Werks fuel at the CRCRC race early last year and was totally satisfied with it. Problem is trying to find it locally now. I wish I could find more at a good price. I bought a case of Odonnel's and I'm just about finished with it, but I'm not paying $40/gal for it now. I have 6 gallons of TQ, but I would rather have the Werks fuel again. Anybody want to trade?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Alan, red, clear, purple or whatever color it may be you do have to be careful about the AR oil that you are using. Some of them i.e. WD40 if you use it will cause the silicon plugs to swell up and get soft. This usually has the end result of the plug eventually falling out, tumbling around the inside of the engine and you can probably guess the rest. The key when using AR with engines that have silicon ramped cranks is "less is more", you really do not need a lot of AR in your engine. Just a few drops in the motor. Spin it over on the box for a couple of seconds to coat the internals and you are done. If you put an excessive amount of oil in the motor it will ultimately end up pooling inside the crank right up against....... yep you guessed it, the silicon plug. Leave it like that long enough and the plug will swell up etc. One thing that I will caution though is if using a clear oil please make sure that it is not just mineral oil as this will not do anything to prevent oxidation.

HauliBass, Lol I try but lately I've take a step back from some of the forums as they tend to get a little out of hand sometimes. I'm mostly on the Grid but as long as things stay civil here I have no problem trying to contribute a little.

looneytune, glad that you at least had the opportunity to try our fuel in the past! If you have a local hobby shop in your area ask them to give us a call and maybe we can work something out. Otherwise we also just sent up a bunch to A-main so you can always mail order it too.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan D.
I just tried some Werks Race Blend 30% at Revelation last night and all I have to say is that I will not be using anything else from now on.
I have spent more than half a year trying every possible fuel that I can get locally (O'Donnell, Nitrotane, Byrons, Trinity, even my on concoctions) and Werks was hands down my favorite.
It tunes super easy my motor ran cooler and had more punch out of the corners to say I'm impressed with this fuel is an under statement.
Airland Hobbies has a ton of this fuel and is selling for 34.99 a gallon if I'm not mistaken, but the price has come down since summer
"Lower Engine Temperature, More Horsepower, Longer Runtime" It is for real.
See I was right!!!!! I love werks fuel
Old 04-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Werks I am on maybe my 30 gal of werks fuel & let anyone I come across try mine just to see & so far the ones that talked smack have not said another bad word about it.I have 3 main problems with werks fuel 1.All these people that tried mine & want to run it themselves think I'm insane to drive 100 miles or more to get it,whats up with that? Is there something like min ordering or shipping or something I'm not seing that keeps werks fuel out of San Diego CA completely? 2.I am sure you have been told this before but since your here let me bring it to your attention again.Your bottle caps do not seal, period.More than 1/2 of the werks fuel I have used has been transfered to & kept in byrons bottles or when I couldnt dig a good one out of the track trash can the Werks bottle is kept in a large zip lock bag.I have used saran wrap & plastic bags under the lid with & without the plug & different brand caps to no avail,do you have a trick that werks? 3.When I first started using Werks fuel it was on average $10 gal cheaper than your competitors & when fuel prices went up so did the Werks fuel but they went up effecivly more than the competitors,that $10 gap vanished & Werks was $40 just like every body else,how did that happen? I feel strongly enough about Werks fuel to drive over 100 miles to get it & pay the new price but, if I'm gonna pay the the same price as other brands how about a lid that seals the moisture out.I look stupid telling everybody Werks is the best fuel you can buy as I pour it out of a byrons bottle.

Please dont take this as a rant, I pretty much would buy anything that has the Werks name on it without hesitation & in fact spread the news of your fuel,pipes,tires & clutches by example as well as word,these are questions that I would like to hear an awnser to.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Hey butch man, no worries I'm always open to feedback (both positive and negative) about anything that we make as long as it's handled in a constructive manner which you are obviously doing. The biggest mistake that any company can make in my opinion is not being receptive to their own customers feedback! So if you ever have any issues/concerns/questions about any of our stuff please do not hesitate to post them, e-mail us or give us a call. To address your specific points:

1) Availability in San Diego is frankly going to be dictated by the shops willingness to stock the product. We always suggest that people try to support their local hobby shops and if your favorite local shop is not stocking something that you want, ask them about getting it. If enough people request something, eventually they will pick it up.

2) Regarding leaking caps, I was not aware that this was an issue and honestly I have not seen it being a problem when I'm out with the guys at races. Your not storing the bottles upside down are you ;-) All joking aside we have recently (about a month ago) switched bottle and cap suppliers anyways so if there was an issue in the past it should no longer be a problem moving forward with newer production runs.

3) Pricing. I can honestly say that we have never been the cheapest fuel on the market. The lubricants that we use are as I have mentioned before, extremely expensive. With the cost of the materials that we use it is simply not possible to be cheaper than some of the other guys on the market that might be using lower cost materials. Having said that initially if memory serves me correctly we were priced roughly a couple dollars more than some of the other fuels on the market. Unfortunately we just like all of our competitors got hit with the nitro shortage, price insanity that happened last summer. All of us fuel guys tried to absorb as much of the increases as possible before passing them on to the consumer but unfortunately when you are seeing a 200%, 300% increase in costs, eventually you are either going to have to pass on the increase or frankly end up going out of business lol! Over the last couple of months our prices have started going down and we are passing these savings on to the shops. So as a consumer what you should see is that as the shops cycle through their inventory on hand and re-order our fuel will keep on getting cheaper.

Hope this helps clarify things, let me know if you have any other questions!

Ron
Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

I got one of the recent batches and the bottle has no leaks at all. Very very happy with Werks fuel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.