R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92

yeah but 5 gallons for a $100, i dont think you can go wrong. Some people gotten 6-8!
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_18mt View Post
yeah but 5 gallons for a $100, i dont think you can go wrong. Some people gotten 6-8!
Agreed!!! Mine still running well at 7 gallons.

I LIKE THE POWER AND PRICE
andre lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

get an rb/nova for $50 more and get 12+gallons...like I said maybe it's changed but when i purchased mine the bearings wearing prematurely caused the pistons to get chipped.because the shards broke off in the engine. and from what i've understood sts' quality control is the problem one batch is correct and another is not...where as nova's might have 2-5 lemons out of a thousand engines made...that is all...the motors do make excellent power though
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

STS.....been there....Done that.......NO thx.....and this coming from a 100% sponsored STS driver when they still had a little potential.

$ for $ you can get A Lot better.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
STS.....been there....Done that.......NO thx.....and this coming from a 100% sponsored STS driver when they still had a little potential.

+1

Been there done that got the t-shirt and a lot of dead sts engines, they had a big boom in the uk when they first came out then slowly people ran them some were lucky some were not eventually people realised that even though they were cheap it was a lottery to what you get.

Now i havent seen an sts engine at a race or a bash event for nearly 2 years the last time i saw them was the green headed one and both of them sheared the crank at the same meeting, that pretty much terminated sts over here
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

STS are the biggest flaming piles of dog shizzod I have ever seen. You'd be better off with ANY other motor.....and thats the facts jack
Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:14 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post

Sure!! $ for $.
andre lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:25 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone getting more than 3 gallons on an STS better start playing the lottery, cause you are one lucky individual. Take one apart and compare the innards with a good quality mill like a nova.....it's amazing they even run and obvious why the sleeves crack like an easter egg on the freeway. Anyone that recommends one.....you can write off any credibility for that person whatsoever.......

If you must have a cheap motor and are looking at a .28, get the mach 427 for 90$ off ebay, 3 times the motor the sts is......

If a .21, look at the nova 3 port.....
Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92

Blah blah I dont care!! if you guys dont like it dont post!!! You come here to flame...Anyway mine should be here next week and i will keep the update
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #25
Tech Lord

Quote:
Blah blah I dont care!! if you guys dont like it dont post!!! You come here to flame...Anyway mine should be here next week and i will keep the update

you ask for opinions and you get them....Get over it.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 04-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Derek your GS will be a more reliable race mill. I bit my toung at this thread enough
When I ran sts I broke three, yes three cranks right where the rod attached. I thought mabey user error, nope. Did a little search and found there were many more just like me breaking cranks. I will say I never had a bearing issue but I never got more than a jug of fuel out of them either.
HaulinBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #27
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You guys need to utilize the experience of the veteran racers who have made all the mistakes already and are trying to teach others not to make the same mistakes..but some people insist on making them anyway and get what they deserve, and in most cases its just a waste of money. RCTECH is here to help people who are new not to do all the silly things that the rest of us have already done..If you chose to ignore the advice then accept the consequences. "go on cry in your coffee, but don't come Bitchin to me"...Billy Joel
Old 04-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #28
Tech Lord

well said Jaz
Old 04-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #29
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You will learn much from me, my young Padawan
Old 04-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
no flaming here..just experience lol...you asked opinions on the sts and got them...they are not worth the risk..there's no harm in that..out of all the posts you've got 2 people who were fortunate and who like them...and why settle for a 5 gallon motor when you can have a 12+ gallon motor for $50 bucks more..the initial cost is higher but in the long haul the nova/rb/etc of the world will serve a better purpose
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote