Wiki Posts
Search

Air compressor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
They just plug in. I have had horrible luck with husky air compressors(campbell hausfeld built) of all sizes. I would seriously look at a craftsman compressor. I also disagree with the oil free philosophy, but most small compressors are oil free. The oil lubed compressors are alot more powerful, are quieter, and last longer.

I personally just picked one of these up, because I am fed up with the crappy oil free compressors. They just leaft me wanting alot more out of it, and I probably have enough money into the 3 small ones that I have, to have bought this one to begin with.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...+%26+Inflators

A good starter compressor would be

or
i got the last one you listed there. im with you on the oil also. it will last forever. also i loved how they gave me an exploded drawing with all the part numbers on it. very handy for the future
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

the craftsman #15310 1hp 3gal 125psi $119.99
works just fine
Old 04-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Nope, no air compressor. I will ask if he will go in for half with me so we could share and get something better. So 100 psi's is deffanately too little or not?
Thats weird....Even a computer dad should need an air compressor one time or another. On a side note, my air compressor is 125 psi and it works perfect for my aplication.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I guess i'll just have to pony up the extra cash to get the extra psi, i just dont want to spend 50 extra bucks on extra power if I wont need it you know.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys just a thought, all I need out of a compressor is about as much pressure as those bottle air duster cans. They did the job perfectly for what I need. What is a decent estimate to one of those. Is it really more than 100 psi?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys just a thought, all I need out of a compressor is about as much pressure as those bottle air duster cans. They did the job perfectly for what I need. What is a decent estimate to one of those. Is it really more than 100 psi?
There are alot of other factors than PSI also. 100 PSI is not alot. I have a 1 gallon dewalt compressor that I use for travel, and even that has 135 PSI. And even that is too little for me.

Tank size also has alot to do with it. You would be surprised how much better a good air compressor will clean Vs. a crappy compressor.

If you look at that harbor freight one you linked, you can see it only puts out .6 scfm @ 90 psi. Look at some of the ones I linked from sears. Alot more scfm's out of those.

For instance this one.

That is 4 times more air output.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, ya I haven't even been looking at the cfm, but what do you think would be comparable to one of those air duster bottles?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ok, ya I haven't even been looking at the cfm, but what do you think would be comparable to one of those air duster bottles?
Not really sure what a propellant bottle puts out. I never found them to do much. They work OK for blowing out electronics like your radio and reciever, but once you get any kind of mud/oil residue they don't do too much.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Not really sure what a propellant bottle puts out. I never found them to do much. They work OK for blowing out electronics like your radio and reciever, but once you get any kind of mud/oil residue they don't do too much.
Ricky is just looking for something like those bottles. Probably for just getting like debris from running on the grass. I dont think (ricky) knows what he is missing with the compressors that blow your socks off though!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

lol i know what im missing its just i dont reall want to spend 120 dollars if I dont have to. I mean could a little aerosal dust off can be putting out more than any of the compressors we have been talking about(even the first one I said)?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

a air compressor can be used for more than blowing off your
buggy think of the things at home so get one good one
not two so so ones the sears #15310 is a good bang
for the buck you will find that you will use it a lot more than
you think a round the house
Old 04-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Buy as much air compressor as you can afford if it'll be at your house. They're VERY handy to have!

I set my regulator at 90 psi and have no complaints with how it cleans. If you're not removing caked on dirt, and are using the Simple Green/WD40 method, I don't believe you need more pressure than that.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey how about this one? I cant find one with 120+ psi's in my price range of about 90 or less? Also does the one below come with a cord and end bit?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95275
I was being cheap and bought that compressor on sale for $60 a few months ago...what a waste of money. It only has like 1/8 hp so it takes forever just to fill up the 3 gallon tank. Like already mentioned if it's for the house, an air compressor is very handy to have. I'm definately going to pick up a Craftsman one very soon with at least 1hp and 10-25 gallon tank.