Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
8ight 2.0 spares question >

8ight 2.0 spares question

8ight 2.0 spares question

Old 04-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)
Default 8ight 2.0 spares question

I just bought a brand new 8ight 2.0 and my very first time driving it will be next weekend at the JBRL round one race. What should i buy for spares for this race. Are there any week points on this car

heres wht I was thinking form my limited race experience

shock shafts, shock ends, arms, hinge pins, rear hubs, bearings,

also i just bought a center smart diff and it doesnt feel super free. - Feels kinda clunky. Is this normal? Do i need to drive it to free it up?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

u should try and drive the car b4 u race. it needs alittle time to break in. if u don't the car maybe real loose on the track.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

thats what Ive read - i wass thinking of maybe tacking it around a local bashing spot for a bit
Old 04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

You will break the front shock tower before you break any of those other parts.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

On a side note about the new track layout that is going to be put in place by the 25th. It is going to be REALLY techinal, a couple rollers, a woop section, tons of doubles, and a step up and step down at the top left of the track with a long straight. I agree, run it before you race it.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wstuart
I just bought a brand new 8ight 2.0 and my very first time driving it will be next weekend at the JBRL round one race. What should i buy for spares for this race. Are there any week points on this car

also i just bought a center smart diff and it doesnt feel super free. - Feels kinda clunky. Is this normal? Do i need to drive it to free it up?
my recommended spares/maintenance parts:

1. Radio Tray
2. Front/Rear Hinge Pin Caps: Check these often
3. Wing
4. Clutch bearings
5. Clutch pads/Springs
6. Front shock tower
7. front/rear inner hinge pins
8. rubber shock boots
Old 04-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
You will break the front shock tower before you break any of those other parts.
the people i see breaking shock towers are usually the ones flying off of the track!
if you can keep it on the track you should be fine. had my car since the first day they hit hobby shops, same shock tower
Old 04-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by wstuart

bearings and shock ends are known to fail on these cars out of the box, also shock your servo saver make sure its at least flush they tend to snap radio trays
Old 04-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razo125
my recommended spares/maintenance parts:

1. Radio Tray
A radio tray?? Why, do they wear out or break? I don't have a 2.0 but I've never had to replace a radio tray on my 1.0. I'd hate to have to move all my electronics to a new tray at the track.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow
A radio tray?? Why, do they wear out or break? I don't have a 2.0 but I've never had to replace a radio tray on my 1.0. I'd hate to have to move all my electronics to a new tray at the track.
the 2.0 tray is alot stiffer and if the servo saver is to tight youll break the tray. its just the people who didnt look at the car b4 runnin.

and to the guy who said the front tower is only breakin from people flyin off the track your wrong. im in az, im very lucky to have about 8-10 pro drivers local to me, mostly all losi. one of them help runs a rc track and he broke his the first day out. replace the front tower with the old upgrades losi tower
Old 04-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow!! Thanks. Yes I'm one that would tear the roller down and rebuild it correctly before running it.

I thought the camber link holes on the new shock tower are different than the old one. Just use the inside hole on the old shock tower with the new car?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

really break?? ive only seen them bend, carbon fiber breaks
Old 04-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow
Wow!! Thanks. Yes I'm one that would tear the roller down and rebuild it correctly before running it.

I thought the camber link holes on the new shock tower are different than the old one. Just use the inside hole on the old shock tower with the new car?

thats what i was told to do. my set up is great at my track doing that.

Originally Posted by fukitol
BREAK. i wish i still had mine to show you. it literally broke in half
Old 04-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I also had my Front tower Fail on the first outing....it was a somewhat bad crash on my part....the face of a particular jump had a small/med bowl in the face and required a specific throttle input to get over with out excessive A*s pop and basically put me on the front tower not even 2 laps into the practice session....I have since gone Quality CF tower's that have Never Failed according to the MFG....1 fractured but the user glued it and raced it till his replacement showed up...i also went Custom Boeing Grade CF tower's for the truggy...Not to mention they are 1.0-2.0 hybrid's that i can run either or body.

Either way...the front tower's are weak to say the least....replace it before it bites you is my opinion.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fukitol

Crappy SSG composite tower's From BIG name brand companies is the stuff you have to worry about....most of it is a Far cry from being "REAL" CF....the REAL stuff is Far too expensive for mass production like RC MFG's do....There are exceptions....but anything like Racer's Edge, Xtreme Racing or the Stuff off Ebay is Crap SSG.

Originally Posted by losi_racer

BREAK. i wish i still had mine to show you. it literally broke in half

Like Dis You mean.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.