Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Next Engine, Diff and wheel questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Trinity Next Engine, Diff and wheel questions

I just bought a well used Trinity Next.

The engine appears to be running way too rich, fuel coming out the exhaust, short run time on the tank. I've backed the adjuster screw down till there was just a trace of smoke at idle but it still smokes pretty good at high throttle. The screw is recessed pretty deep into the brass tube, 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch. I got like 2 1/2 minutes to 3 minutes per tank until the diffs quit working.

I didn't hit anything, just running it at low speed on the drive way and it slowed to a stop. The clutch is engaging, the two speed transmission is rotating and both output shafts are rotatng but the diffs don't turn.

The front diff has now has a click and when you rotate one wheel the other rotates in the same direction instead the opposite direction. Any ideas on whether worth trying to rebuild or just get a new one?

The rear diff appears to be better in better shape. The wheels rotate correctly although they don't always rotate together. It feels loose and sloppy. How do I tighten it up? I downloaded the manual but its pretty useless except as a parts list.

The wheels are 8.3mm hex does any other truck or biggy use this size? Source of better tires?

Thanks