R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default tuning help please

i have a losi 8ight t with a rb C6 i have the high end perfect but if i pull the throttle slowly to full it bogs 3secs clears and pull hard at a fast full throttle is doesent hesatate at all i think the low speed is set too rich but if i lean it the idle is arridac and sounds really rough for about 10-15 sec then drops even if i lower the idle wtf
dadsvtechonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Tech Master

How long do you let it sit before you ease on the throttle?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

I have a similar problem, and the answer I got was to richen the main needle and lean out the low end.
howtowakeakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by howtowakeakar View Post
I have a similar problem, and the answer I got was to richen the main needle and lean out the low end.
RBs like a rich bottom. What I've been told from everybody who runs them at my local track.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just figured that out today... putting fuel through my WS7 trying to get a gallon through it before I start to race it. I kept turning the low end out. It's so rich, but that's the way it seems to like it. It was doing all sorts of weird stuff when the bottom was to lean and the top was too rich. The temps dropped a lot, too.

Unfortunately I don't fully understand what you're asking, I'm having trouble reading it. No offense, but grammar would help.

You throttle up slowly and it bogs for 3 seconds, THEN starts to pull really hard when the RPMs come up? If you pull hard right off the bat, you have no problems?

If this is what you're saying, then yes, you should richen up the bottom a lot. My WS7 did this sort of thing, turns out the bottom was way leaner than it should have been. You're also going to end up leaning your top end probably. How I figured it out was when half way through the power band, it really started to pull, I let off the throttle completely and it made lean bog sounds.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
Tech Regular

its really not a lean type of bog when it clears alot of smoke comes out the exaust if i hammer the throttle from a stop it flys no problem if i sit for 2-5 sec then slowly pullthe throttle if loads up with fuel then clears and takes off

when i tryed to lean the bottom if has a irratic idle for about 10-15 sec befor it comes down to a calm idle i also tryed to lower the idle same thing ???? also my temps are 202-214
Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
Tech Regular

bump
Old 04-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsvtechonda View Post
its really not a lean type of bog when it clears alot of smoke comes out the exaust if i hammer the throttle from a stop it flys no problem if i sit for 2-5 sec then slowly pullthe throttle if loads up with fuel then clears and takes off

when i tryed to lean the bottom if has a irratic idle for about 10-15 sec befor it comes down to a calm idle i also tryed to lower the idle same thing ???? also my temps are 202-214
I'm sure someone out there would love to help you, but you can't even undrstand that. Just through some comma's and periods in there and you'll be strait!
getbent2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

set your needles back to factory and go from there.
it sounds like your chasing your tune.

1. set your idle gap at 1mm. (the width of a standard paper clip)
2. adjust your hsn till you get peak performance then back off about 1/8 turn.
3. now adjust that lsn.

i adjust my low end by letting it sit about 5-10 seconds and "gun" it. if it hesitates then its rich. (coming from factory settings) and i keep doing that until i get good take off and my temps are around where i want them. (i run with temps around 210-240F, BUT NO HIGHER THAN THAT) right around that temp ive found you get peak performance. but sorta like the hsn, back the lsn off 1/16 of a turn (instead of an 1/8 of a turn like the hsn) once you get what your looking for and youll always know that your a little bit rich.

be sure to log the temp and humidity the day you tune it and youll be able to use it as a reference in the future.

SIDENOTE: always use that temp gun when your tuning to be sure shes not getting too hot. if it does...... SHUT IT DOWN!!!!
let it cool down, richen up your hsn 1/8 and try it again
DONT FORGET TO TUNE ON A HALF TANK!! that way youll have roughly the same tune throughout the entire run.

hope that helps and....GOOD LUCK!

pm me if you have any more ?'s
jaredmausteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsvtechonda View Post

I think you're too lean on the low needle. When it bogs from takeoff, it's starving for fuel. Try richening the low end, but remember to counter adjust the high needle (slightly)

Good luck
tharris1959 is offline   Reply With Quote