R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
Ultimate was only selling Werks at $19.95 (thats WAY below cost) to burn through thier inventory. They will not be bringing in any more. It was good while it lasted, now its back to retail prices for fuel.
I was about to say. I pay 40 for trinity 30%. I need to be on the west coast. What is guys paying for fuel?
mikesd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Thats about right. Byron's is about $32, Nitrotane and Werks are $40+ out here. Seems like Byron Fuels is the only one who lowered thier prices after nitro costs went down. I guess thats why I see a lot more people running Byron's at the track.
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Awesome I can drive 2 miles and get some torco fuel.
moparsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparsrule View Post
Awesome I can drive 2 miles and get some torco fuel.
Thats what I did today, Steven blended 1500 gallons of 30% 10% synth 2%castor and I have some test fuel, if you are going to Tuscon Wed I will show it to you. He has tested every fuel on the market in Torcos in house Lab and you would be shocked at the shit some of the people put in there fuel.
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
Thats what I did today, Steven blended 1500 gallons of 30% 10% synth 2%castor and I have some test fuel, if you are going to Tuscon Wed I will show it to you. He has tested every fuel on the market in Torcos in house Lab and you would be shocked at the shit some of the people put in there fuel.
So maybe you can share some info what "shit" is put to which fuel ? Would be interesting to know. TORCO is a good quality brand but it's rarely a good marketing to bash other products. Especially in a way you are doing by not defining which other brands are "shit" even they are "lab tested"
Poinas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:22 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm thinking he's referring to the "stuff" that companies to make there fuel have the gusto to make your nitro vehicle go like stink. I would be to suprised at the stuff they put into making the fuels we use.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

While I prefer not to post on other companies threads since some of the topics of discussion refer to my company I feel the need to clarify a couple of things . To start with the information posted by Neo Buggy was taken from a local N. Cali racing forum/site and to say that information was taken out of context would be putting it mildly. Eric and my self started Werks Racing in early 2000 and as with any type of business, relationships and peoples involvements change. In December of 08 Eric decided to depart the company and go back to his roots (which is a really strong retail hobby shop background) and open a hobby shop here in N. CA. With his heavy retail experience and experience running on-road racing clubs I'm sure he will excel at and is something that I'm sure will be greatly beneficial to racing in the Bay Area in general.

One of the items that he will be selling at his shop is fuel which he will be making and while I'm sure it will be excellent fuel, it will not be the same as Werks "Race Blend" fuel. Werks Racing uses an exclusive, proprietary and very expensive oil package which as anyone that has used our fuel before will tell you offers tremendous performance as well as exceptional protection. This lubricant package is what sets our product apart from others and as mentioned is exclusive to Werks Racing and our "Race Blend" fuel. I hope this clarifies things and I wish him and his new venture the best as he is a great guy.

Now as far as availability of Werks "Race Blend" fuel in SoCal, AirLand Hobbies (Revelations) will be receiving a new shipment some time this week so you can get it directly at the track at one of SoCals premier racing facilities. While pricing is still not as low as it was prior to the "Nitro Crisis of 08" I'm happy to say that our pricing has been coming down and I'm sure that you will see reductions from what it was selling for in the shops over the summer. If anyone has additional questions as this is Primes thread please start a Werks fuel thread and I will answer them there.

Lastly for the guys posting the Torco fuel info which I do not see as even remotely relevant to this thread, how about leaving this thread about Primes product and instead of spamming this one, starting a new one for Torco? I think that you will find people more receptive to some of your statements there. While I do not claim to be "the end all to the be all" in fuels we obviously have some knowledge about RC engines and fuels here lol! With the oil percentages and quantaties that you listed the product that they are making is a sport level fuel and I'm sure it will be fine at that. I do however think that you will probably get a more receptive response by avoiding outlandish statements like "you will be surprised by the crap that people put in their fuels" etc. etc.

As previously mentioned out of respect for Prime's thread this will be my only post here. If anyone has questions about any of Werks products please feel free to start a separate thread and I will do my best to respond to them there.

Best Regards,

Ron Hopkins
Werks Racing
Werks "Race Blend" fuel
2008 World Champion, FSR-V 3.5cc Boat
2008 Pre-World's Champion, Buggy
2008 RC Pro Series National Champion, Buggy
2008 RC Pro Series National Champion, Truggy
2008 Finnish National Champion
2008 Swedish National Champion
2008 Canadian Winter National Champion Truggy
2008 Canadian Winter National Champion Buggy
2008 Taiwan National Champion Buggy
2008 Portuguese National Championship
2008 Nordic X-Ray Challenge TQ & 1st Buggy
2008 Nordic X-Ray Challenge TQ, 1st & 2nd Truggy
2008 Neo Buggy Race UK pole position & 3rd
2008 Novarossi Memorial Race, 2nd
2007 ROAR US National Champion 1/8th On-Road
2007 ROAR US National Champion Truggy
2007 Canadian National Champion Buggy
2007 Finnish National Champion
2007 Portuguese National Champion,
2007 Nordic Champion
2007 Korean National Vice-Champion
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to ngo8

Ron i will never use anything else but werks youre fuel is the best just makes my engines run better .
Old 04-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #24
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Ron, Thanks for the info I love your fuel and was just curious about the new fuel. I was afraid that werks would no longer be avalible and was looking for the next best thing.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:34 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I used to use werks fuel as well. Great stuff, but being in the midwest stinks on fuel selection and with shipping the fuel prices can get pretty high so I'm using byrons fuel which is a great fuel as well for the midwest. But the first time I used werks I had to lean my motor out as that oil you use is some of the best at keeping your engine cool and well lubricated.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

any more info?
Old 04-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #27
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I switched from Sidewinder to Prime this last weekend. I was running 30% Sidewinder but was only able to get 25% Prime for last weekend. It felt like I had just as much power with the 25% Prime. The engine ran great all day and held good temps. Next time out I should have some 30% to try.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Prime fuels are now available in Southern California from us at Track Star Racer Services.

Web site up in a couple of weeks.

In the mean time PM me for more details.

Jimmy Wright
Track Star

(More details about Track Star, who we are and what we do will be announced within a week or so. Stay tuned!)
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:57 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have used all 3 fuels everyone is talking about in this thread, and all I have to say is that with Werks and Prime out on the market I will NOT use anything but them. They infact are not the same oils but they both put an excellent racing fuel package together.

Special Thanks To Prime Racing and Werks Racing for making sure we have very clean Racing Products to burn.