R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
gixxer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Default The slayer is the slash killer

Messing around this past weekend with the new Slayer. This truck is wicked...

I have tons of pics but since I'm new it wont let me post em up.
gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice
 
Pico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Papillion,Nebraska
Posts: 75
Default

Cool, have fun with the super bounce suspension !
__________________
Kyosho USA-1
Losi XX
Losi XXX cr
Villain EX 16.8V
Pro Boat mini-c
Pico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Tech Initiate
 
gixxer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Default

it says i need a certain number of posts
gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice
 
infernus1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 94
Default

It is sad that the suspension is way outa wack outa the box but with the right parts it handles very well.
There a new pit pass article on traxxas's site, the setup used there works hella better than stock.

I really think traxxas's gimmic is to make trucks drive like crap outa the box so you have to buy more parts.
"Guru" sladen knows all this stuff about how to make them better why don't traxxas sell them this way stock.
I mean its not like a revo where you can change it to fit your style of driving racing,bashing,onroad,offroad this truck does 1 thing well that's shortcourse dirt.

Biggest difference makers i seen is adding a few * of camber and the close ratio trans seriously 50mph is nice and all but whats the point in a short course truck i guess speed sells
Taking a look at the suspension setup for real corr trucks gave me the idea
infernus1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
Tech Initiate
 
gixxer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernus1986 View Post
It is sad that the suspension is way outa wack outa the box but with the right parts it handles very well.
There a new pit pass article on traxxas's site, the setup used there works hella better than stock.

I really think traxxas's gimmic is to make trucks drive like crap outa the box so you have to buy more parts.
"Guru" sladen knows all this stuff about how to make them better why don't traxxas sell them this way stock.
I mean its not like a revo where you can change it to fit your style of driving racing,bashing,onroad,offroad this truck does 1 thing well that's shortcourse dirt.

Biggest difference makers i seen is adding a few * of camber and the close ratio trans seriously 50mph is nice and all but whats the point in a short course truck i guess speed sells
Taking a look at the suspension setup for real corr trucks gave me the idea
yeah the truck is too fast for short course...but I gotta say it's nice having the power when u need it. I'll post all my pics once it lets me.
gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

if u wanted to race the slayer just put in a .12 dynomite platuim engine i remmond ,and the setup steve slayer has i know whould make it handle good im trying out his setup for the slash ,have u tried diff oil in the rear.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice
 
infernus1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 94
Default

40t spur and close ratio gearset will keep your speeds down and keep the engine at the right powerband for short course
infernus1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #8
Tech Initiate
 
gixxer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
if u wanted to race the slayer just put in a .12 dynomite platuim engine i remmond ,and the setup steve slayer has i know whould make it handle good im trying out his setup for the slash ,have u tried diff oil in the rear.
I have not yet....I am planning on it. Does it really make that big of a difference?
gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

i say yes cause it will take away all that top end u will still have pretly of top end though still,if that doest work then get a .12 engine
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
Tech Initiate
 
gixxer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Default

My Slayers air filter gets nasty quick and had to be changed within an hours run if im running in really "sooty" dirt.
gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #11
Tech Initiate
 
gixxer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i say yes cause it will take away all that top end u will still have pretly of top end though still,if that doest work then get a .12 engine

I'm gonna try it, and see what difference it makes.
gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #12
Tech Initiate
 
gixxer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Default

Taking my buddies Slash out big time! This would be a good add for Traxxas, lol.

gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #13
Tech Initiate
 
gixxer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Default















gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #14
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

do u have it as a stock setup hows it jump that will be cool if are track start a class of short course nitro
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #15
Tech Initiate
 
gixxer11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
do u have it as a stock setup hows it jump that will be cool if are track start a class of short course nitro
pretty much stock other than camber and toe adjustment along with ride height and shock adjustment. Jumps great, you really have to tone down the brake sensetivity to get the truck to fly right in the air.
gixxer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AREA52 RC RANCH RACEWAY Leopard1 Northwest Racers 5272 01-01-2011 01:09 PM
Thunder Speedway 2009 season TUNDER SPEEDWAY Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 14 07-08-2009 08:58 AM
Traxxas Slayer...and you thought the Slash was cool. RD Racing Northwest Racers 27 07-09-2008 07:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:56 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net