R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ofna bump box question

i was wondering if the ofna truggy box lines up with the 8ight t 1.0 good?

i just burned my crome top box true start motor breaking in my rb c6 motor
dadsvtechonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Tech Adept

The Ofna truggy box will line up with the Losi 8T perfectly if you do the modification on it to the rear alignment plate. Just take the rear alignment plate off and shave off the stopper tab at the bottom of the plate. Now you can move the plate back further to accommodate the 8T.
Losi-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsvtechonda View Post
i was wondering if the ofna truggy box lines up with the 8ight t 1.0 good?

i just burned my crome top box true start motor breaking in my rb c6 motor
Yeah it does very well. I actually just picked one up. There are two different models though. I think it was just a running change, but one has a different rear support. The origional version just had one row of slots to line the pegs up in, and the latest version has 3 rows of slots. What that does is allow you to use longer vehicles on the box. Either version will work, but the extended version will be easier/better. you can also slide the motors/wheel more towards the center of the box. this will help with the central engine on the losi's.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losi-Runner View Post
The Ofna truggy box will line up with the Losi 8T perfectly if you do the modification on it to the rear alignment plate. Just take the rear alignment plate off and shave off the stopper tab at the bottom of the plate. Now you can move the plate back further to accommodate the 8T.
+1 that was the mod for the origional brace.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

No mods needed for my Losi 2 truggy on the three hole box. Just have to put the rear pegs against the chassis and the fronts in the crook of the front arms and chassis. I did move the wheel assembly to the more central position and everything lines up perfect. Started my new Novarossi today for the first time with no problems. Plenty of horses and good quality.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marccaracer View Post
No mods needed for my Losi 2 truggy on the three hole box. Just have to put the rear pegs against the chassis and the fronts in the crook of the front arms and chassis. I did move the wheel assembly to the more central position and everything lines up perfect. Started my new Novarossi today for the first time with no problems. Plenty of horses and good quality.
+1 that was my experience with it too. It was actually probably the easiest starter box I have set up. Well other than the losi box, but that thing is a useless POS.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

mine's still kickin.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
mine's still kickin.

Yours dont count as you have replaced the motors, the wheel, and all the wires and plugs..you have a Losi starter box shell, with top notch internals..stop making trouble bobble head man
Old 04-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
+1 that was my experience with it too. It was actually probably the easiest starter box I have set up. Well other than the losi box, but that thing is a useless POS.
If you wire your losi box in parallel, the motors spin WAY faster, but it still lacks the torque of the Ofna to turn over tight pinch motors.
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Quote:
mine's still kickin.
Could be that I never bought a lipo for mine. But I really don't feel a starter box should need a lipo to be effective. I would probably put enough $$ into a lipo setup, to have 2 truggy starts with gel cells, that will start anything. Once I bite the bullet and go lipo for my reciever packs I will throw lipos in my boxes. I am still stuck on the NIMH 2700 MAH 5 cell AA packs. They just work so well. I can run all day easily, and I'm really not worried about the lil' extra weight they add.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #11
Tech Lord

5-25$ for 2 cells RX packs.....25-35$ for an 4 cell....and about 100$ for a decent charger something like the new venom pro....it really isn't that expensive.

I honestly think without lipo the losi box is under powered and weak...but with its a whole different story.....i did in the beginning puff out the stock motor's running a gel cel....then i went to Integy 55's on lipo and the motor's didn't turn fast enough....so i called up losi and had them send me a new pair from the original pair i had go up in smoke....and those are the motor's ive been running All year No problem's....so it depends on the set-up.....and the original motor's were by far worse then what they have in them now.

i never cause trouble.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 04-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Quote:
5-25$ for 2 cells RX packs.....25-35$ for an 4 cell....and about 100$ for a decent charger something like the new venom pro....it really isn't that expensive.

I honestly think without lipo the losi box is under powered and weak...but with its a whole different story.....i did in the beginning puff out the stock motor's running a gel cel....then i went to Integy 55's on lipo and the motor's didn't turn fast enough....so i called up losi and had them send me a new pair from the original pair i had go up in smoke....and those are the motor's ive been running All year No problem's....so it depends on the set-up.....and the original motor's were by far worse then what they have in them now.

i never cause trouble.
Yeah thats good to hear. I was looking at lipo stuff earlier. If I do go lipo in the cars, I'm getting the losi lipos. For the boxes I can deal with cheapo ones, but not in the cars. I am kinda waiting for the new line of hitec servos. It will be about time for a servo upgrade anyway, and that way I can run straight lipo. I know the 7955's can run straight lipo, but I would worry about my futaba throttle servos.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #13
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Yeah thats good to hear. I was looking at lipo stuff earlier. If I do go lipo in the cars, I'm getting the losi lipos. For the boxes I can deal with cheapo ones, but not in the cars. I am kinda waiting for the new line of hitec servos. It will be about time for a servo upgrade anyway, and that way I can run straight lipo. I know the 7955's can run straight lipo, but I would worry about my futaba throttle servos.

i was skeptical about the cheepo 2 cell's as well at first...but after running ALL my quali's at the nats on them i fell 100% about them in shorter main's.....i can stretch the buggy to 45 min easily on 900mah and still have plenty if something were to delay the race or w/e.....I feel ya on the straight lipo thing also but i cant say ive really ever had an issue with my losi reg's....if i do tho....there getting tossed and if stuff goes up in smoke so be it...ill buy new stuff that wont.

a little FYI the 900's are under 1/2 the weight of the 2000mah counterpart and fit REAL nice under the flat top battery case.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #14
Tech Champion

Quote:
i was skeptical about the cheepo 2 cell's as well at first...but after running ALL my quali's at the nats on them i fell 100% about them in shorter main's.....i can stretch the buggy to 45 min easily on 900mah and still have plenty if something were to delay the race or w/e.....I feel ya on the straight lipo thing also but i cant say ive really ever had an issue with my losi reg's....if i do tho....there getting tossed and if stuff goes up in smoke so be it...ill buy new stuff that wont.

a little FYI the 900's are under 1/2 the weight of the 2000mah counterpart and fit REAL nice under the flat top battery case.
Good to know.

I still think I would go for the 2000 losi's. For the extra $$ I would rather not have to worry about them for a full day of racing. Like I said before I am not worried about weight too much. The 2.0 buggy is light enough as it is.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Integra, where are you getting you RX lipos from? I've been wanting to convert to lipo, but I was worried the cheap lipos would go up in flames with my car.
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote