R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default lst xxl....pull/spin combo.....please help

it sux....my roto starter was dead out of the box....so i go to my drill....well oops...it spins it the wrong way,and just messed the spring insind the pullstart all up...it was bent in half at one spot.....
its the losi 454 engine....and was wondering if i anyone knew if i can just put a pullstart....or a roto start(not the combo either or) on it i just bought it and hasnt even fired....now i need a new pullstart,or roto start....cant get any str8 answers....and if you call losi it brings you to horizon hobbies.....i wish they had a customer line like traxxas then i would be golden......anyway
any other options for me besides the stock pullstart/roto start piecs of junk....please its new and just sitting there,and now i gotta wait a week for the part to come in....is there any other losi pullstart or backplate thing that will work on the 454....
drebies_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Tech Adept

help
Old 04-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebies_one View Post
it sux....my roto starter was dead out of the box....so i go to my drill....well oops...it spins it the wrong way,and just messed the spring insind the pullstart all up...it was bent in half at one spot.....
its the losi 454 engine....and was wondering if i anyone knew if i can just put a pullstart....or a roto start(not the combo either or) on it i just bought it and hasnt even fired....now i need a new pullstart,or roto start....cant get any str8 answers....and if you call losi it brings you to horizon hobbies.....i wish they had a customer line like traxxas then i would be golden......anyway
any other options for me besides the stock pullstart/roto start piecs of junk....please its new and just sitting there,and now i gotta wait a week for the part to come in....is there any other losi pullstart or backplate thing that will work on the 454....
Well you can buy a straight roto, or a straight ps, but the stock unit is not the problem. You using a drill in the wrong direction is what caused the problem. So basically, your options are to either just get a new stock unit(probably the best option), a straight pull start(terrible option), or a straight roto(good option).

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSR1037
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSR1034
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB5111
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Well you can buy a straight roto, or a straight ps, but the stock unit is not the problem. You using a drill in the wrong direction is what caused the problem. So basically, your options are to either just get a new stock unit(probably the best option), a straight pull start(terrible option), or a straight roto(good option).

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSR1037
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSR1034
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB5111

your the best...i love this board...
Old 04-17-2009, 04:30 AM   #5
Tech Adept

here is one more question.....
wich way does it spin....counter,or clockwise
cause i have to use the drill or hopre an ofna,or hpi one spins that way,if the drill was too much....then again ive never had a problem using the drill before...but its my first nitro losi vehicle......
Old 04-17-2009, 04:35 AM   #6
Tech Adept

here is one more question.....
wich way does it spin....counter,or clockwise
cause i have to use the drill or hopre an ofna, hpi ,or associated one spins that way,if the drill was too much....then again ive never had a problem using the drill before...but its my first nitro losi vehicle......
Old 04-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Quote:
your the best...i love this board...
those do not fit....i wasted money.......yea it works,but the screw hole do not line up correctly....so i guess my only option is the pullstart/combo,stock thing....and remember not to spin the wrong way......and the piston was so tight in the sleeve,i had to dump after run oil and fuel into the carb,and glow plug hole...and it finally started turning over....but the damage was already done i smoked out the losi roto start....i think my accosiated one turns the right way,or just remember not to spin it the wrong way haah
Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
those do not fit....i wasted money.......yea it works,but the screw hole do not line up correctly....so i guess my only option is the pullstart/combo,stock thing....and remember not to spin the wrong way......and the piston was so tight in the sleeve,i had to dump after run oil and fuel into the carb,and glow plug hole...and it finally started turning over....but the damage was already done i smoked out the losi roto start....i think my accosiated one turns the right way,or just remember not to spin it the wrong way haah
They may require a different backplate but they will fit the engine.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
They may require a different backplate but they will fit the engine.
yea like i said,it worked,but the screw holes do not line up.....those two back plates are too big?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

man, i would be willing to bet that the lrp z.28r pull start would fit that engine perfectly. The losi 454, lrp z.28r, and the sh .28 pro 8 port are supposed to be almost identical engines, with the exception of the carbs and heads. They are all sh mills, well, some say the lrp is just sh based, but i have read that they are pretty much all the same engine.
johnnypoopoopan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
Tech Adept

all fixed....finally
on my 5th tank of break in......its real sluggish(needs to be leaned out)
but handles nice.....time to upgrade some parts...
anyone on here have one,advice....i dont think losi has a message board,or im blind
Old 08-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LSTFORUMS.COM .....best site for your lst needs
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
reggie l. is offline   Reply With Quote