Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8-T rtr gearing help

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Losi 8-T rtr gearing help

OK, I have just installed all lightened outdrives for front center and rear. I have also put on a JP-3 pipe. I was wondering what center/spur to run. Lightened 47,48 or 50? I would figure now that I installed the outdrives, the truck shoudl launch better now so I guess I could go with a lower spur. Stock is 48. Thanks for any help.
Rob.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by broke it again
OK, I have just installed all lightened outdrives for front center and rear. I have also put on a JP-3 pipe. I was wondering what center/spur to run. Lightened 47,48 or 50? I would figure now that I installed the outdrives, the truck shoudl launch better now so I guess I could go with a lower spur. Stock is 48. Thanks for any help.
Rob.
Not necessarily launch better. Its free spining will improve and it will be easier on the drive train (less spinning mass). Really if you need it to launch better you should go with a 50T and a low end pipe JP1. Going down on the spur will give it more top end. What engine are you running with that JP3 would be more my question? You just put a top end pipe on that engine. How much bottom end (Launchability) did you just sacrifice?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. It is the stock mach engine in it. I really dont need more bottom end. Just thinking now that I lightened most of the rotatring mass, I should now get better punch. So I thought now would be the time to try for a little more top end.
I see alot of people running 50 tooth gears. Does anyone actually run a 46 tooth for racing? Is that too much top end? I dont want to lose any bottom power. Thanks for any help and sorry if this is getting confusing.
Rob.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by broke it again
Thanks for the reply. It is the stock mach engine in it. I really dont need more bottom end. Just thinking now that I lightened most of the rotatring mass, I should now get better punch. So I thought now would be the time to try for a little more top end.
I see alot of people running 50 tooth gears. Does anyone actually run a 46 tooth for racing? Is that too much top end? I dont want to lose any bottom power. Thanks for any help and sorry if this is getting confusing.
Rob.
For the mach you are probably perfect with the 48T. For a .21 the 50t would be ideal. I don't think you would want to go much lower than the 48.

Tha lightened parts will give you a quicker spool up, but it won't be a huge difference.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Great answers guys. Thanks for the help.