Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cold weather states

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

man-- you guys sure jumped into here-- thanks for all the input

yfzracer912-- thanks for the vids & pics-- I'm stoked to try this!!!

I found this thread through a search... now, not to stir the pot, but this will be on a brushless buggy. Engine temps will not be a concern of mine...

I'll be running a 2WD, but it sure looks like 4WD is the way to go!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

just a side note guys temp of the motor when its running is not relavent even the engine mannufactrue will tell you this if you use good fuel and have it tuned right it will last just as long or longer as bearings wont get as hot. You will have to use a hotter glo plug as running in colder temps requires more fuel or a richer mixture. were gonna be racing this weekend and its probably gonna be in the 30's if were lucky
Old 02-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MontanaMaxx
just a side note guys temp of the motor when its running is not relavent even the engine mannufactrue will tell you this if you use good fuel and have it tuned right it will last just as long or longer as bearings wont get as hot. You will have to use a hotter glo plug as running in colder temps requires more fuel or a richer mixture. were gonna be racing this weekend and its probably gonna be in the 30's if were lucky
+1 rich for winter. in cold temp driving make sure to preheat the motor before starting to keep the pinch/compression in the sleeve. we see motor temps from 175 to 200 during the winter,just depends on how cold out it is.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I KNEW there was a reason I live in So. Fla. It for sure wasn't all the strange little boats over loaded that keep driffting up.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Working Man
I KNEW there was a reason I live in So. Fla. It for sure wasn't all the strange little boats over loaded that keep driffting up.
amazing how many dish washers fit in a boat! Florida, home of the early bird dinner special and bingo parlors.