R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Trouble with my rb concepts s3

Hey guys, my brother has a rb concepts s3, he isn't the best tuner and he had the motor about 350 degress twice.....i took it apart and everything looked decent except the top of the piston and the butoon was pitted. He blew 2 filaments out of the glow plugs . but i am just wondering if i should try to run the motor more and will it just give us headaches???? it has about a gallon through it.
forgot to mention that saturday we raced and he ran 3 tanks through it running pretty good. charged the reciever pack, went to start it for the firt qual and we couldn't get it started the rest of the night. We tried a new plug and still wouldn't start. Messed with it tonight and i took the fuel line off of the carb and turned it over for a bit and it finally started. clueless. i am going to put the motor on the shelf if anyone thinks it will give me headaches like this for the rest of its life.
losiracer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

i would try to get the local engine guru at the track to look at it. if it got as hot as you say it may be damaged . don't toss it till you know for sure.

rr

Team Chubby racing
Mugen MBX 6
randy racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

That S3 likes to be slightly rich on the bottom end. 230 degrees is more than enough temp to get great power out of that engine. If idling on the ground it should load up and need to be cleared after a good 10 sec. It's not a very fast engine so the top end your going to see isn't all that. Thats the problem with that engine and those who run it. Often times people tune it for more top end than it can run at normal temps. Gear it up for more top end. Which will help with the enormous amount of bottom end and wheel spin. Which is where that engine shines.