Wiki Posts
Search

Driving Style / Throttle Control

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dishsoap
This is kind of hard to explain.

When hitting a jump almost always the nose of my buggy is coming down first. I understand that while in the air if its going down nose first to hit the throttle to pull it up and if wing is coming down first to hit the break to bring it back level.

So is it a feel type thing when you drive or is it technical before you hit the jump. Depending how I come out of a turn sometimes the throttle is pressed later than sooner when hitting the jump.

How do you know how much throttle to give and when to give it.
This is about 99% throttle control. depending on how big the jump is, just a blip should make your losi raise the nose up, if its a small jump preloading can over shoot so releasing the throttle JUST AFTER take off should help balance it out. on a side note, i had the same problem, and i put a JC wing on and now my losi seems to fly more level. This might be a mental thing but it works for me...?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Prophet

the jc downfource wing does make the buggy land level even if u say on the throttle in the air it seems like it i ran a hyper 7 with a stock wing and i had to almost do mid air correct every time i think it was cause its is a heavy freakin buggy but that jc wing seem to help.soon as i strighten out i hit the throttle either full or half before the jump and left off when im in the air a little and give it a blip of throttle ,i can never time letting off when i hit the limp of the jump
Old 04-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

What you are asking cannot be taught.

You should not be thnking about one word of advice given here when it comes time to do it, if you do you will screw up.

Practice and have fun while racing and it will come natural...................
Old 04-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NCWC
What you are asking cannot be taught.

You should not be thnking about one word of advice given here when it comes time to do it, if you do you will screw up.

Practice and have fun while racing and it will come natural...................
even though i already posted on here.........these are words from a wise man! i agree 10000000% just do it and have fun.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Champion

I'm newbee.......... I don't jump too high and too far

My buggy weight distribution probably is not 50 : 50 front vs rear and right vs left. Is this matter ?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
I'm newbee.......... I don't jump too high and too far

My buggy weight distribution probably is not 50 : 50 front vs rear and right vs left. Is this matter ?
if you're a newbee, then make sure you build the kit with the stock setup, symmetrical left to right, no binding, and weight distribution will be fine.

Then learn to drive and enjoy yourself while trying to hit the apexes the proper way.

The rest will come with time

Paul
Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 AM
Tech Champion

OK