Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
a lil engine help >

a lil engine help

a lil engine help

Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If you want the best of both worlds get the Go Tech .25 6 port race. Awesome torque and runtime and rpm similar to .21 engines. This mill has insane power go on the GO TECH thread and ask about it. But the GO .21 5 port race has crazy torque also and is the preferred .21 for truggy from GO. I ran a modded 1 in truggy last year and it couldnt be touched even by .28's. Both of my suggestions use the GO 0801 or any 086 pipe.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A good "budget" engine is the Losi Mach 427 (yes, it is the "ready to run" engine.) Plenty of power, long lasting, although a little "thirstier" than the race .21 engines. Can be had for about $150.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by malik
If you want the best of both worlds get the Go Tech .25 6 port race. Awesome torque and runtime and rpm similar to .21 engines. This mill has insane power go on the GO TECH thread and ask about it. But the GO .21 5 port race has crazy torque also and is the preferred .21 for truggy from GO. I ran a modded 1 in truggy last year and it couldnt be touched even by .28's. Both of my suggestions use the GO 0801 or any 086 pipe.
i was looking at those befor i asked around on here i just didnt know to much about them cause i dont know anyone who runs them,

at my local track im one of like 3 or 4 budget racers everyone else has cash out the a$$ and they simply let their money find out whats best and once they get done with a engine you realy dont want it.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

ok i got an axial .28...the newer one
wich clutch bell should i buy....and from who
part numbers help......but i am dead set on the axial .28
thanks for all the help guys this board is the best.....
Old 04-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drebies_one
ok i got an axial .28...the newer one
wich clutch bell should i buy....and from who
part numbers help......but i am dead set on the axial .28
thanks for all the help guys this board is the best.....
Car it's going in? Size of track? Need some more info.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Car it's going in? Size of track? Need some more info.
thats what i was thinkin lol,

anyways i have been lookin around and reading reviews on that Novarossi limited edition N21b and allot of people have been saying its good but its there practice engine lol,

i dont have a practice engine i keep my trug dialed in at all time to the point were i show up start it run a few laps and im ready for the first heat.

so would it matter or do these guys have practice engines just because that way they put less stress on their "race" engines?
Old 04-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default also

does anyone have or know someone who runs a OFNA Picco .21B 3-Port ive been reading around and it seems to be a very god lil engine.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACE MAN
thats what i was thinkin lol,

anyways i have been lookin around and reading reviews on that Novarossi limited edition N21b and allot of people have been saying its good but its there practice engine lol,

i dont have a practice engine i keep my trug dialed in at all time to the point were i show up start it run a few laps and im ready for the first heat.

so would it matter or do these guys have practice engines just because that way they put less stress on their "race" engines?
Mostly because people want to extend the life of thier race engines. The nova is a nice lil' engine.

As for the picco, I don't know about that one. The other more expensive picco's are powerhouses(P7 evo2 & 3 and jammin JPX). They have a balls to the wall type powerband. They are great truggy engines, but might be a bit much in a buggy. The real cheap $100 picco might be a good sport buggy engine.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Mostly because people want to extend the life of thier race engines. The nova is a nice lil' engine.

As for the picco, I don't know about that one. The other more expensive picco's are powerhouses(P7 evo2 & 3 and jammin JPX). They have a balls to the wall type powerband. They are great truggy engines, but might be a bit much in a buggy. The real cheap $100 picco might be a good sport buggy engine.
well i just got another gas roller with electrics i just need an engine and from what ive seen and read that lil $110 pico seems to be a friggen deal i even talked to a cupple people running them in there trug's one guy said hes won races and had guys running os's an go's come up and ask where he got it and where in peer shock when he told'em the price,

and then i read a cupple reviews on amain an somwhere else but over people on other forums an what not,

but ya im prolly gonna pick up either the nova and the pico or the go and pic or maybe if i decide to spend the cash im saving get the nova and the go but idk yet.