Wiki Posts
Search

Why is everyone selling off?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Why is everyone selling off?

I am seeing alot of people selling their JP series pipes? Why? Have you come across a better pipe? Just curious because I have just purchased 2 of them. Thanks,
Rob.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Well it could be that the JP pipes are fuel hogs and not neccessarily the best pipe for the engine they are using. The JP series pipe are durable, but not always the good choice for some engines.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

jp pipes will get the job done, however if you pair some of the high end mills out there today with the right pipe you will see a 3 minute boost in running time out of a tank of fuel.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

we run 10 minute heats here, so doing it with no pit stops became a goal for many of us. the jp pipes won't cut it, i use the losi re11 on my v-spec and can get almost 11 minutes in a buggy that "will" pass tech.

should be noted that some layouts you might not be able to make a 10 minute run. i've never got less than 9 1/2 minutes on any layout. but i get the luxurey of short pitting and not have to deal with everyone else pitting at the same time.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

hmmm, I wonder how you figure out which works best without having to buy every pipe and try it.....
Old 04-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bushyar15
hmmm, I wonder how you figure out which works best without having to buy every pipe and try it.....
1. By asking questions of people on here and observing your competitors.

2. Self experimentation. You don't have to buy them all but if you see some other drivers having success with a pipe you haven't tried it might be worth picking one up.

3. When all else fails, the most popular pipe made by the manufacturer of your engine is almost always a winner.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow, thanks for all the great feedback. Hope the SC8 wont be any more of a gas hog, that thing drinks more than the Hellfire and 8T.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I had a jammin jp2 pipe my grp tuned .21 and was getting about 10 minutes in my d8 bottom end was not that great on it i swiched to a dynamite 086 and got 12 minutes and a ton more power ill never put a jammin pipe on a grp again
Old 04-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
we run 10 minute heats here, so doing it with no pit stops became a goal for many of us. the jp pipes won't cut it, i use the losi re11 on my v-spec and can get almost 11 minutes in a buggy that "will" pass tech.

should be noted that some layouts you might not be able to make a 10 minute run. i've never got less than 9 1/2 minutes on any layout. but i get the luxurey of short pitting and not have to deal with everyone else pitting at the same time.
really? last time i checked, you actually have to own a car to even go 10 seconds.

oh snap, just joking man, I hope you get your car back. I went through the exact same thing 3 years ago. i wanted to trade my jammin for an xray, and got squat. It took a year, but eventually got my Xray from him.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
really? last time i checked, you actually have to own a car to even go 10 seconds.

oh snap, just joking man, I hope you get your car back. I went through the exact same thing 3 years ago. i wanted to trade my jammin for an xray, and got squat. It took a year, but eventually got my Xray from him.
i know youre joking,,,,, but outch!!!!!