R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default do most of thease car kits squat in the rear?

I notice that my car's riding height is a little lower in the rear. I have tried to equal it out by changing the setups but still unless i droop the front suspension to a point of ineffectivness the back will always be lower. Also are the rear springs of my rear suspension when i screw the colar all the way up the springs in the rear are not even touching the colar anymore. Is this normal? It's not so bad in the front but still when the colar is all the way up it's barely touching. and yes i have the shafts and springs right. really i have to screw the collar down in the back a good bit to get my riding height level. I thought i might have my shafts backwards, but i took them off and the shafs in the front are shorter then the back (when i pull them down all the way, i did not take them out of the case)

I dunno. maybe this is normal. Would just like some thoughts and opinions.

also where can i find a explanation for what all the setup stuff means. i understand spacers and all, but like front hub spacers= 2mm wtf??? or how do i measure 12mm on a rebound stop??? I would like to know the difference between toe in (is that the angle the tire points in or out towards the car?) camber, caster, kick up etc.

i know that is alot of questions just help anyway you can if you have the time.

I have a feeling i will be bumping this alot.
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

sounds like you need stiffer springs in the rear if you screwing the shock collars all the way down to bring the ride height up.

Its kinda hard to help tho when we have no idea which car your talking about.
infernus1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernus1986 View Post
sounds like you need stiffer springs in the rear if you screwing the shock collars all the way down to bring the ride height up.

Its kinda hard to help tho when we have no idea which car your talking about.
mugen mbx6
Old 04-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Well im taking a shot in the dark here since i don't have much experience with buggys.
What i said before still stands stiffer springs or down travel limiters if your cars springs are stiff enough for your liking.
Some cars/trucks have down travel stops incorporated in the design if it don't have some you can put fuel tubing on the on the shock shafts to limit them.
infernus1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

on the X6 front shock collars 8mm and the rears 12mm should give around 30mm of ride height depending on spring used , and make sure your droop screws are set correctly

if you have MBX6 questions better to post in the thread
Slippery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
Tech Elite

thanx
Old 04-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
I notice that my car's riding height is a little lower in the rear. I have tried to equal it out by changing the setups but still unless i droop the front suspension to a point of ineffectivness the back will always be lower. Also are the rear springs of my rear suspension when i screw the colar all the way up the springs in the rear are not even touching the colar anymore. Is this normal? It's not so bad in the front but still when the colar is all the way up it's barely touching. and yes i have the shafts and springs right. really i have to screw the collar down in the back a good bit to get my riding height level. I thought i might have my shafts backwards, but i took them off and the shafs in the front are shorter then the back (when i pull them down all the way, i did not take them out of the case)

I dunno. maybe this is normal. Would just like some thoughts and opinions.

also where can i find a explanation for what all the setup stuff means. i understand spacers and all, but like front hub spacers= 2mm wtf??? or how do i measure 12mm on a rebound stop??? I would like to know the difference between toe in (is that the angle the tire points in or out towards the car?) camber, caster, kick up etc.

rebound stops are set by placing buggy on a flat surface , with 2 standard rims under the chassis , then measure the under side of front and rear hubs to the flat surface , standard is front 12mm and rear 14mm
Slippery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
I would like to know the difference between toe in (is that the angle the tire points in or out towards the car?) camber, caster, kick up etc.

Do a search on google for "HUDY Off-road & Truggy Set-up Book". It explains what effect all the different settings have on your car's handling. It shows an xray xb808, but the info is still relevant to your car as well.
Rampokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampokker View Post
Do a search on google for "HUDY Off-road & Truggy Set-up Book". It explains what effect all the different settings have on your car's handling. It shows an xray xb808, but the info is still relevant to your car as well.
thanx a whole lot!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

No problem. I always take my copy with me to the track.
Rampokker is offline   Reply With Quote