Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truggys

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 01:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Truggys

Does anyone know the pros and cons of truggys if there are any they looks awesome! I really really want one!!!!
Also does anyone know a particularly good/cheap truggy (i'm on a tight budget of about absolute maximum £150)
Thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Truggy's are easier to drive and learn with. They are more durable and make way better bashers than buggy's. Truggys can be just as fast as any buggy. Buggy's are more nimble in the handling department. A losi 1.0 is a good deal right now. I would look for a used losi 1.0 with parts for about $200-$300 depending on the amount of parts and if they include tires. Thats the common deal I am seeing on them now. I wouldn't buy anything used that did not come with extra parts new in pack (nip).
Old 04-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Prophet

they jump diffrent from buggy and are about a pound heavyier but they are easy to drive and very stable ,i drove a guy eight t 1.0 and its kind of like u have to say on the gas a little in the corners and brake at the same time or they feel like a slug for some odd reason i like the buggys better though
Old 04-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What I can sy is that....Buggies are fierce....but truggies are scary
Old 04-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

They sound pretty good!
What's a good and cheap model for just bashing about down the road? (i'm not into all the racing, i'm not the best driver ever )
Old 04-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hopping on to this thread, I've been looking into getting into a 1/8 truggy myself, I've been a hardcore electric guy for a while though so I know absolutely nothing about nitro.

I was looking at trying to get a new 8ight-T 1.0 RTR since the 2.0 RTR is rumored to be coming out very soon I'd hope to get a good deal on the 1.0.

Thoughts? Any good 1/8 nitro FAQ?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Toddzilla
Hopping on to this thread, I've been looking into getting into a 1/8 truggy myself, I've been a hardcore electric guy for a while though so I know absolutely nothing about nitro.

I was looking at trying to get a new 8ight-T 1.0 RTR since the 2.0 RTR is rumored to be coming out very soon I'd hope to get a good deal on the 1.0.

Thoughts? Any good 1/8 nitro FAQ?
All the good deals on the 1.0 RTRs are gone. Only ones out there now are not as cheap as could be found earlier this year. I picked mine up in Jan for $498 shipped. If you can find one that is a good deal, pick it up. Great truggy.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Truggies - easier to drive - but just as much up keep as a buggy,

there is not much of a CON, if you buy a good kits. Dont go cheap, I STRONGLY suggest that you save up and get a 8T 2.0 - RC8 - make sure that whatever you get - yout LHS has parts......

You go cheap - you will kick your self everytime you drive it....
Old 04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Con to truggy is tire expense. and body's are a little more. But that's about it.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see you're from the UK. Take a look on modelsport.co.uk, there's a huge selection there. You won't get much for £150 unless you save up or go second hand.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by desertbird
Con to truggy is tire expense. and body's are a little more. But that's about it.
+1 I became a tire whore when I went from truggy to buggy since they were cheaper. Now that I am back and running both I feel the pain again. In no time the cost of tires easily eclipses what you spent on the kit!