R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

fuel is like 10% oil. 20%nitro, 70% fill. If you can generate 15% more power out of the same amount of fuel then your going to have better run times. I'm not familiar with the engine, but there should be a thread on it some where. Basicly, to power the buggy enough to reach the end of a straight the 30% will use less then the 20%.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

In terms of weight, i think the Mbx5 is not that much better than the Hyper 7. If you have some money to burn, may be you can buy the good 2.4G radio system...B/c you can always pull it back out and tranfer to another buggy.

Engine, the 21BF is good; but for about similar price, I will also look into a 3 port RB, i think its called "S3". RB is much better in terms of power and longetivity, and i like the way it sounds too. I also ran the Mamba .21; not as good as S3 or 21BF...
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the weight thing is overrated . I just bought a cen matrix fre & everyone was saying it's heavy. I weighed it next to my friends losi & it's only 7 ozs. more. I don't know about you but i don't have pro driving skills so i can't tell a 7 oz difference. Get better on the hyper 7, you'll know when the buggy is holding you back.
romax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #19
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin' eagle View Post
That's exactly what I've got. Right now I'm just trying to figure out why on earth Nova used slotted bolts on the head, and how to get them off without stripping them - those suckers are on tight. The guy I bought it from added a shim to run 30% and I want to remove it. At least it hasn't seen fuel.

Dominic
Heat it with a heat gun, or a hair dryer, then unscrew the head bolts while its still hot
Old 04-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

i drove a hyper 7 stock but with a ofna force .26 piece of crap and i liked the way it steers it is heavy though man ,i actually kept up with guys with losi and ass rc8 but i drove a guys rc8 man the jumping difference with the weight diffrence u can tell ,it does seem like u dont have to make nearly as many throttle adjustments in the air. but the heavy buggy does make u learn
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote