R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Hot Bodies D8 vs. Losi 8 2.0

Has anyone drove both these cars? How do they compare???
robdel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Enough with the VS. threads. There is a search feature for a reason. Just look at what the losi 2.0 VS. mp9 thread has turned into.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Simple question. Thinking of changing to Losi and wanted to see if anyone has driven both cars and wanted to see what people thought.

Last edited by robdel24; 04-10-2009 at 05:53 PM.
robdel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
Tech Master

Dang dude calm down.
The problem with your question is that die hards from each respective brand will come here and just fight over which car is better.
Go to each cars forum and read up and I'm sure you'll get you answer on which car will fit your driving style.
D8 thread:
New Hot Bodies Buggy!!???????
Losi thread:
8IGHT 2.0!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh, God. These threads always poop the bed.

Go to the track and try a couple of each. They will be quite different. You will most likely know IMMEDIATELY which one suits your driving style. Unless, of course, you're new to this. Then you should probably go with the D8. Losi is not easy to learn on.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah, people are strange.....
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #7
Tech Prophet

i have a question i just brought a losi eight 1.0 and i kind of new to buggy and i heard that its twicthy and unstable cant u tune it not to do that .i practice with a hyper 7 last year and raced my gt2 for the whole season so im pretty used to sliding in the turns and the straight away with 2 wd.i kind of like my truck/buggy netral handing/kind of somewhat aggsive
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i have a question i just brought a losi eight 1.0 and i kind of new to buggy and i heard that its twicthy and unstable cant u tune it not to do that .i practice with a hyper 7 last year and raced my gt2 for the whole season so im pretty used to sliding in the turns and the straight away with 2 wd.i kind of like my truck/buggy netral handing/kind of somewhat aggsive
ANY of these car brands Kyosho, Mugen, HB, Losi and all the rest. If you set them up wrong for your skill level. They will be twitchy. If I hear another person say there going to use the Truhe or Drake set up I think I'll scream. If you don't drive like Truhe or Drake the cars going to be twitchy. They set theirs up to be on edge. Because they have a smooth hand and most of us don't.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
ANY of these car brands Kyosho, Mugen, HB, Losi and all the rest. If you set them up wrong for your skill level. They will be twitchy. If I hear another person say there going to use the Truhe or Drake set up I think I'll scream. If you don't drive like Truhe or Drake the cars going to be twitchy. They set theirs up to be on edge. Because they have a smooth hand and most of us don't.
+1. I tryed this when it was my 1st 1/8 4wd (8ight) and it came with the drake neo08 setup, and I was running on a dry rutted out big track....you do the math-setup= The steering was overkill and there was no traction.

Also, to take the edge off the Losi trying going to 1 on both front and rear shock towers and go to the outside hole on the arms. Should make it more forgiving. Also trying more rear toe in.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post

Whats so different about thier setups? The 2.0 box setup is almost exactly what they run most of the time.

Scott U.
RacerScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
Tech Prophet

yes that is true about coping the pros setup ,i usually just sick with the stantard setup or the stock setup but usually the standard setup works better with me ,i have a pretty smooth throttle finger . how is the stock setup handle on the eight 1.0 i havnt driven my yet
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:10 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerScott View Post
Whats so different about thier setups? The 2.0 box setup is almost exactly what they run most of the time.
There set up and the box set up don't = where a novice should start. The box and pro set up is assuming the person has a certain amount of skill. When in fact a novice would gain more buy tuning the car down first. All those extra holes. position settings, different springs, sway bars, shock oils and diff oils are put there for a reason. This is on any car and not exclusive to a Losi. Selling a car ("This champion use our product and he sets it up like this.") and sending the Drake or Truhe set up is a selling point, Not a starting point. What they fell to mention is the part where the champion. Has ice in his veins and spent not 100's but thousands of hours at the track over the YEARS of practice and racing.

Simply put: your driving style + your skill level + your set up = a good day at the track
someone elses driving style + their skill level + their set up = everything but a good day at the track

Last edited by vladconnery; 04-11-2009 at 05:23 AM.
vladconnery is offline   Reply With Quote