losi 2.0 vs. mp9

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi 2.0 vs. mp9

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

This crap about breaking MP9s gets on my nerves.

I saw a dude at my track with an MP9, couldnt drive a lick. He was miss-timing jumps and crashing hard, over-jumping, bouncing it off pipes and other buggies just being a terrible driver.

I had to marshall the B main he was in. 5min in he broke the front end trying to jump a triple that is supposed to be a double-single. He swung way wide the corner before it, nailed the throttle and nosed first into the face of the third jump. I picked the disabled car up and carried it to him.

He was all red in the face and said "this is the biggest peice of $h!+, it breaks every weekend"

I looked at him with a smile and said, "Try not to hit so many things, and downside jump landings." Of course no 35 yr old is gonna take advice from a 20yr old, and he walked away with a purple face.

A Kyosho breaks. Losi, it breaks too. Mugen, AE, Jammin, XRAY every one of them can and will break. 95% of the time driver or assembly error is to blame for broken parts. Hell will freeze over before there is an unbreakable RC car.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViLL
I've broken only 2 arms since I got my car back in December......2 arms dude.

The car is good.
i broke 2 arms also, more then i broke on any other car i owned, let me down 2 times wasnt gonna happen a 3rd time, i even owned the rc8 before the service pack never broke a arm on it, or on mbx6 or the z01b, haven broke an arm on the losi either, the kyosho broke 2 arms in the same place just a week apart from the other, the lower front arm, its just a weak design. also for a 800 car i didnt expect it to be so sloppy, the whole front of the car is a joke
Old 04-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Damn, I need to start racing on the tracks you guys are at....if I've only broken 2 arms on my MP9 racing on some hard, bluegrooved, rutted up track...I can only imagine how perfect my car will be on a nice track with good dirt
Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViLL
Dude, you can't be serious.....

wow
YEAH I am 100% serious. I have put my stuff through a beating, and so have others without breakage. There is no excuse for an 1/8 arm to break, unless you hit a metal pole or something. Other than that, it just plain and simple shouldn't happen. And I have run on some tough tracks too. Not one arm failure.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I can attest for the losi 8ight 1.0 being a tough car. I suck at driving because I'm new and it always holds up. I miss jumped from 10 feet multiple times and slammed into the faces of jumps and nothing broken. The car does have slop but it can be controlled and limited if you put time into it. I think its a solid car and I wouoldnt think about dropping more than twice the cash on the mp9 no matter how good or bad it is.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

thanks for input. i am sure they both have good and bad points, i just didn't have the time to read the 100 page threads on both cars. i loved the 8b and the 2.0 seems to be even better. i will probally just stick with the losi. parts are cheaper and alot more available. usually if you do break something at the track and you don't have it, there are ten people that do.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NCWC
and he walked away with a purple face.
LOL that was great
Old 04-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

...LMAO, this is funny...

cjm1126 authored the "don't buy the mp9" thread. The single biggest piece of internet forum cowboy crap I've ever seen. Did you hear the news? He broke two arms! What a piece of junk that MP9 is... it broke! ... dayum dude, you've been telling anybody who would read about those same two arms for months now.

Now what about those posts in the Losi thread... "I keep breaking servos" and "this car wears too quick"... did you make a "don't buy the Losi 8" thread too?

The MP9 just won Silverstate, the roughest toughest race of the year. The MP9 and 8ight2.0 are very different. The MP9 is more stable IMO, and it's a different driving style.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

You tell em PK.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:03 AM

Gee,

another silly thread with brand haters in it,

ive not broken my mp9 and i have had some nasty crashes the only thing i dont like on the mp9 is the wing i think thats too soft but hey thats my opinion

this losi car what have i seen the front shock tower break on astro turf which for those that dont know is like carpet!!! you know i thought thats a one off never mind nope another 2 broke the front shock tower after landing a jump and they landed it well from what i saw....

does this mean the losi is the biggest pile of poop, erm no

Face it every car has a weakness a strength and the capabilities to win a race its driver dependant, you could go to every brand and point out a weakness some have more than others granted but and this is the biggy whenever one of these threads is created the same people jump on saying

this car is *** buy this one etc..

ive owned the following rc8,mbx5r,mbx6,808,losi 8ight am i proud of owning that many no not really but what car do i drive now.... an mp9 why do i drive an mp9 well because i think for me its the best car out of all of them im faster smoother and more consistant and stronger!! what more does a racer want well in my case nothing
Old 04-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop

cjm1126 authored the "don't buy the mp9" thread. The single biggest piece of internet forum cowboy crap I've ever seen. Did you hear the news? He broke two arms! What a piece of junk that MP9 is... it broke! ... dayum dude, you've been telling anybody who would read about those same two arms for months now.

Now what about those posts in the Losi thread... "I keep breaking servos" and "this car wears too quick"... did you make a "don't buy the Losi 8" thread too?

The MP9 just won Silverstate, the roughest toughest race of the year. The MP9 and 8ight2.0 are very different. The MP9 is more stable IMO, and it's a different driving style.

Although I support everything you say here PK, I must correct you that cjm1126 didn't start the Dont buy thread, it was someone else.

I love how people see and read information, and take it as gospel. There is no best car, they're (proper branded buggy's anyway) all built well and drive well, different chassis' suit different drivers, I myself, couldn't be happier with my 3 Kyosho race cars (MP9, ST-RR and RRR evo WC), which is why I keep buying them, I'm yet to find a brand that will make me happier, although the current crop of xray cars look pretty impressive, but for me for now, I'm sticking with what I know, I mean they've been making and winning with the cars for long enough now

Cheers
Old 04-10-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

this is a fact, im not bashing any other brand or anything like that...

when i first started racing i had a losi 8ight. i sucked at racing(ok, still do but at least i make the a main now lol) and i though it was the car, so i went to ae, drove the same but this time i was replacing parts after each race, when i raced the 8ight i never did. so i went back to the 8ight. and now i currently own a 8ight 2.0 and the 8t 2.0. the only thing ive broken since racing for losi in September is the 2.0 shock tower, you should of seen the flip i did off the jump to break that tho.......
Old 04-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop

pitpop u have turned into a tool, check that thread and see who the author was before you accuse someone of starting the thread when they didnt, i believe the guys name was dale14 or something like that

i never stated that i thought the losi was the best car either, has gone through a few servos, horizon has made good on the problems i have had with the car
Old 04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

...you're mistaken, I already was a tool!

...I stand corrected, you didn't start the thread, but being a hearty participant is incriminating enough. My point is, when these "this vs. that" threads start, it's the same guys saying the same things from previous such threads... and you're calling ME a tool?

I've got news for you guys... if a car NEVER breaks a suspension arm, it's not the coup de grace indication of a good race car, more likely the opposite.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mp9 id say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.