R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)
Default Track Builders in Texas (Dallas)

I am looking for off-road track builders that are available around the Dallas Metroplex.

Any help will be greatly appreciated... THANKS!
XXX8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Tech Adept

What do you have planned?
Old 04-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Tech Regular

I would like to have an estimate on a commercial 8th scale off road track.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Where you planning on opening it? I'm not a builder just curious.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

I hate to burst your bubble, but there isn't really such a thing as commercial track builders and all that. Tracks are normally reconfigured frequently... frequently with volunteer help from the racers themselves.

I suggest asking for input from local racers. Realize you are at least going to need a bobcat or similar "semi heavy equipment" to do track configurations... (that's a LOT of dirt to move around!) as for building a drivers stand, pit lane, etc, well, the drivers know what is needed better than anyone.

How big is this track you want to put in? What part of town? Do you have adequate parking? Adequate space for pitting? Do you plan permanant workbenches or "bring your own table?" Indoor or outdoor? Water? Electricity for lights and for tools/battery chargers? Do you have a source of good dirt? (Something that isn't full of rocks!)

Just FYI, it isn't going to be cheap initially, and it isn't a high-profit enterprise. You will need to have the track lighted, get an AMB decoder, build a drivers stand and pit lane at the very least- those are the permanant things... oh... and a directors booth that can be secured.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
Tech Master

I don't have a car now (as some of know why), but I would be happy to show up and throw rocks at all of your guys cars.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but there isn't really such a thing as commercial track builders and all that. Tracks are normally reconfigured frequently... frequently with volunteer help from the racers themselves.

I suggest asking for input from local racers. Realize you are at least going to need a bobcat or similar "semi heavy equipment" to do track configurations... (that's a LOT of dirt to move around!) as for building a drivers stand, pit lane, etc, well, the drivers know what is needed better than anyone.

How big is this track you want to put in? What part of town? Do you have adequate parking? Adequate space for pitting? Do you plan permanant workbenches or "bring your own table?" Indoor or outdoor? Water? Electricity for lights and for tools/battery chargers? Do you have a source of good dirt? (Something that isn't full of rocks!)

Just FYI, it isn't going to be cheap initially, and it isn't a high-profit enterprise. You will need to have the track lighted, get an AMB decoder, build a drivers stand and pit lane at the very least- those are the permanant things... oh... and a directors booth that can be secured.

!!!!! Do you think that maybe it could be a private track and money is not an issue? I don't think he was asking for a "buisiness plan"!! I am not trying to be an a$$, I just love it when people ask a simple question and get a complex answer.
elcaminosslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
Suspended

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Do you have a source of good dirt? (Something that isn't full of rocks!).

Seriously bro? Wow, hey my new XRAY and Losi do just fine on the horrible, demonic......rocks. Yes an XRAY on ROCKS, OH MY GOD NO.
FG101C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcaminosslover View Post
!!!!! Do you think that maybe it could be a private track and money is not an issue? I don't think he was asking for a "buisiness plan"!! I am not trying to be an a$$, I just love it when people ask a simple question and get a complex answer.
Private track
You should check out Post #3
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #10
Tech Regular

I just want to know what to expect when building a track. I realize it is not a high profit business venture. Opening a track would be more towards my passion for rc than profit.

So are there people that specialize in building tracks or just workers that pile dirt?

As for the location... I have land in a few places around dallas. I think you all would agree with me when saying that dallas needs more NITRO RC tracks.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX8ight View Post
I just want to know what to expect when building a track. I realize it is not a high profit business venture. Opening a track would be more towards my passion for rc than profit.

So are there people that specialize in building tracks or just workers that pile dirt?

As for the location... I have land in a few places around dallas. I think you all would agree with me when saying that dallas needs more NITRO RC tracks.

Honestly, a good grading company or excavation company could build a layout easy since they have the right equipment. I can give you some designs if you want.

Here is what we are changing our layout to this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Track Builders in Texas (Dallas)-woods-layout-3.jpg  
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX8ight View Post

I have a source. the person does excavation for a living, owns most of the equipment to do the job and is also an rc enthusiast and has built several tracks already in dfw, if interested pm me and we can talk.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #13
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
I don't have a car now (as some of know why), but I would be happy to show up and throw rocks at all of your guys cars.
you could hit the Losi's cause they are so slow
Old 04-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #14
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
you could hit the Losi's cause they are so slow
naw, i would have the most trouble hitting the xray's because there too unpredictable and all over the track.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
naw, i would have the most trouble hitting the xray's because there too unpredictable and all over the track.
lol nice.... i have an 8ight. Is the 808 that much better?