Talk about a Highjacking??? J/K

So, what is going on with this track??
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #32
Suspended

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH View Post
Tex, I've done a lot of racing at Indy over the years. Great dirt, occasionally good layouts, but I always leave there feeling like I need someone to hose me down with a power washer.
+1. I have not gone there very often but that could be why.
FG101C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG101C View Post
Seriously bro? Wow, hey my new XRAY and Losi do just fine on the horrible, demonic......rocks. Yes an XRAY on ROCKS, OH MY GOD NO.
Well... rocks are hard on the chassis, you'll be replacing it sooner. (it will wear faster on the front and rear)

Rocks are hard on tires... you'll be buying more of them.

A loose rock with take out a clutchbell AND spur gear... and possible damage the crank.

The racers will be MUCH happier if you have good dirt without rocks.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcaminosslover View Post
!!!!! Do you think that maybe it could be a private track and money is not an issue? I don't think he was asking for a "buisiness plan"!! I am not trying to be an a$$, I just love it when people ask a simple question and get a complex answer.
So I should just say "no, they don't exist" and not try to help the guy out? Thanks for the useful input.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH View Post
XXX8ight,

JPZ has a good contact for you. Build it and they will come. Dallas is hurting for a good offroad facility.

Don't let the responses like the one from Dommit get you down.
BH,

My response isn't intended to get him down... I want to be sure he understands what it will take so he succeeds. I'd love to see another racing facility here. I don't see where you folks are reading that as negative.

I'll volunteer to come help build the drivers stand, directors booth, help layout track, put in lighting, whatever. If he has the money (not to pay me, I'd help for free, as I'm sure some other drivers would do) to do it, hopefully we can help him out.

I'd hate to see anyone get in over their head, sink a lot of money in, and not be able to finish. 0% return on anything is a bad idea. On the other hand, if he has the resources to do this, I'll do whatever I can to help.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #36
BH
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Your original post just read a little negative, that is all. I certainly hope anyone that is considering putting in a "commercial" type racing facility has thought out the financials and done a little back end work to understand what needs to be there to make it successful.

I want to see him do well just like everyone else.
BH is offline   Reply With Quote