Wiki Posts
Search

Losi clutch question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi clutch question

I tried to search for this but could not find the answer. Is there a 3 shoe clutch I can put on my Losi and what do I need to do it, Thanks
Old 04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Ive run both in my losi, the mugen clutch and my losi clutch, i like the losi better, I always run the dynamite maxlife shoes,on all my clutches, they are a great blend of grab and longevity, to use the mugen clutch, buy the losi adjustable motor mount, and it allows you to use the losi clutch, or the mounts flip around and you can use a mugen stlye clutch
Old 04-08-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Losi clutch is the best, easiest and most adjustable clutch out there. No reason to run any other clutch.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jabroni racing
Ive run both in my losi, the mugen clutch and my losi clutch, i like the losi better, I always run the dynamite maxlife shoes,on all my clutches, they are a great blend of grab and longevity, to use the mugen clutch, buy the losi adjustable motor mount, and it allows you to use the losi clutch, or the mounts flip around and you can use a mugen stlye clutch
+1

Agree with all thing said in the above reply. Stay with the Losi.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I've only had the losi clutch for about 2 weeks, silly easy to work on, but it seems to mushroom shoes pretty quick. Mine is the stocker in a losi 8t 2.0. wanna get some longer lasting shoes, any suggestions?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

The dynamite maxlife shoes, work great, i get over a gallon out of them, no problem. I take my clutch bell off after my day at the track, and oil my bearings and check the shoes for burrs.. they dont mushroom (burr) much at all..
Old 04-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jabroni racing
The dynamite maxlife shoes, work great, i get over a gallon out of them, no problem. I take my clutch bell off after my day at the track, and oil my bearings and check the shoes for burrs.. they dont mushroom (burr) much at all..
Again +1

To all of the above said. Dynamite shoes edges are already beveled on the edges to prevent mushrooming. Not to mention they last quite well.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies, what springs do you use?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Never use silver springs....all they do is burn up shoes....gold/green or gold/black is a common set-up to run.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1. The silver springs seem to be too much. I used to burn up the Max-life shoes in one day and the Losi or Kingheadz in 2-3 weekends. Once I dropped the clutch springs to 4-green or 2-green/2-gold the shoes will last a long, long, long time.

The only shoes I've tried are as mentioned above. All three of them come with a beveled edge around the contact point to delay the typical mushrooming from aluminum shoes. But my clutch now goes 2-3 gallons before needing deburring.

Always clean and relube the bearings as much as you can. I take my engine off after each raceday or race weekend to inspect, clean, maintain.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

can someone tell me the order the losi clutch springs go from hardest to softest.

thanks,
matt
Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaTt 93
can someone tell me the order the losi clutch springs go from hardest to softest.

thanks,
matt
Hardest to softest
Silver,
Gold,
Green,
Black.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by air8
+1. The silver springs seem to be too much. I used to burn up the Max-life shoes in one day and the Losi or Kingheadz in 2-3 weekends. Once I dropped the clutch springs to 4-green or 2-green/2-gold the shoes will last a long, long, long time.

The only shoes I've tried are as mentioned above. All three of them come with a beveled edge around the contact point to delay the typical mushrooming from aluminum shoes. But my clutch now goes 2-3 gallons before needing deburring.

Always clean and relube the bearings as much as you can. I take my engine off after each raceday or race weekend to inspect, clean, maintain.

X2 on every point made.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I never had a problem with my losi clutch....it was the bell bearings allway going out i had a problem with......
I now run M2C 4shoe clutch with onfa clutch bell... an have great luck with it.... an a kinghead motor mount.....

http://www.m2cracing.com/category.sc...?categoryId=25
Old 04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JW RACING
I never had a problem with my losi clutch....it was the bell bearings allway going out i had a problem with......
I now run M2C 4shoe clutch with onfa clutch bell... an have great luck with it.... an a kinghead motor mount.....

http://www.m2cracing.com/category.sc...?categoryId=25
exact set-up i run in my truggy. the losi bell's let everything get too hot...i like the ofna for the vented factor.

i run .9's with anything from Reg hard to light med on my JPX.21...BEST set-up i have EVER ran.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.