Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Info on RB Airfilter >

Info on RB Airfilter

Info on RB Airfilter

Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Ok thanks for the heads up!.. Will possibley order 1 and see..
Old 04-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Hey, quick question is this ok.. as I really want to use this RB filter.. but the only place that it wont run on the throttle ect.. is there.. but then presses on the Engine fins.. This ok or not cheers

By the way, reason it looks wet/Grease is just sprayed it with GT85.. to protect from mud ect.. will wipe excess of now..
Old 04-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that'll work fine
Old 04-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Ok, great.. a mate said to take off the splash guard.. but why would you want to do that.. surely.. just more likely to get fuel on the brakes??
Old 04-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by Illbreakthat
CAUTION! I have seen on 3 different occasions where these have been used at the local track here in town the neck leading to the filter splits letting in all kinds of dirt. It splits where the rubber is moulded together along the bend on the outside not noticeable at first until you give it a squeeze. It has taken out motors make sure that you check this before you install the neck to the carb. These were on brand new just out of the package systems so it isnt from any kinds of use.
Are you talking about the RB filter housing sides being defective or coming loose?

I had my RB filter housing separate in the same spot. I switched to the Xray housing and still use RB foams with ebay covers. Works perfect!