Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
The Process of De-Warping wings and wheels? >

The Process of De-Warping wings and wheels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Process of De-Warping wings and wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Addict

Default The Process of De-Warping wings and wheels?

Hey all, I have 2 Proline HD wings.. But when I got them both they were slightly warped. And have never been botherd to try and straigten them again. What is the best process to do this.. im pritty sure you put them in hot water.. but if someone. Can say boiling water or not, how long.. ect would appreciate it. As it was really affecting my buggies jumping yesterday.. it would start to lean in flight.. resulting to a broken A-Arm.. so now.. need to try and fix this.
I like the Proline wings.. but 2 Warped ones.. not a good sign.. and they were 2 diff orders so not a dodgy parcel.. shame.. but help is appreciated cheers!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thats proline wing's for ya....they tweek and curl up at the rear.......i personally would never run a proline wing Ever again....JConcepts if anything....or even the Himoto wing has been known to put up to some abuse and still keep its shape.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I would try hot water and see what happens. Don't know if if would have to boiling or not. I had a plastic ski off a snowmobile that had a tree step in front of it and I fixed it by thowing it in hot water from the bathtub and it went pretty much back to it's normal shape.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Yea, Im getting a New Professional done shell in the next few weeks. So when I get that shell then I will get a JConcepts one.. I have been looking at getting one.. tbh.. so may try one.. and see. Yea I have put them both in some hot water.. not boiling for a min or 2 then left a heavy plate ontop.. so to see if they stay there origional shap or not.. and see.. but yea, may try a JConcepts one next.. cheers!